Solventless wax

• Thread starter cpc12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cpc12

I am new to attempting to make ice wax.

I am collecting all the components I need.

I have a chest freezer, RO filter, bubble bags and buckets, drying screens, washing machine.

I have a few questions

- I see pictures of this amazing amber honey comb looking wax. I know this is full melt, how difficult is it to achieve this and where can I get detailed info on taking it to the next level. most of what I am seeing produced from ice bags are smoke grade hash.

- can I use a combination of regular ice and dry ice or do i need to use one or the other ?

- with the different size micron bags you get different grades of hash, can I use all these grades in my oil rig ? what if they leave residue ?

- I do not want to ignite anything ever again so making hash that needs a lighter to smoke will not work for me.

C

cpc12

just opened my 1 gallon bubble bags. I ordered 1 gallon buckets as well. the bags barley fit over the bucket, there is no way to pull the bag taught like a drum.

I think Im done with the 1 gallon bags and I will get the 5 gallon instead. In videos I see the bags seem to fit and slide over the buckets with ease.

I tried cutting the upper ribbing off the 1 gallon bucket but now it just slides into the second bucket.

anyone experience this.

I can still use the 5 gallon on a 2 oz run... right ??

sox

sox

Time and Temperature is the key...

Been running our 20gals almost everyday....

Ice Shatter :)
Leaves no residue at all when dabbed, tastes like pure pineapples
1606980 10201286107937266 1305129905 n

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I have tons of organic trim from my soil grows so im good there. What micron bag do you take it out of? Do you control the temp of your water? If so what temps? What do you mean by time, like how long I let them soak in the bags with ice or how fresh the material is? Very interested, my patients would love me if I chunked them a nice slab of that!

sox

sox

I am new to attempting to make ice wax.

I am collecting all the components I need.

I have a chest freezer, RO filter, bubble bags and buckets, drying screens, washing machine.

I have a few questions

- I see pictures of this amazing amber honey comb looking wax. I know this is full melt, how difficult is it to achieve this and where can I get detailed info on taking it to the next level. most of what I am seeing produced from ice bags are smoke grade hash.

- can I use a combination of regular ice and dry ice or do i need to use one or the other ?

- with the different size micron bags you get different grades of hash, can I use all these grades in my oil rig ? what if they leave residue ?

- I do not want to ignite anything ever again so making hash that needs a lighter to smoke will not work for me.

Just to answer your post as best i can... since i went and posted pics in here....

The RO water will probably help, i use water from our well. No filter
FWIW besides Bubbleman and Baba G, i have never seen anything good come out of a washing machine.

If you know how to use the dry ice properly, go ahead...ive never used it.

There are 8 bags in a set and NO you cannot smoke them all in a dab rig.....well you can, but you have to scrape out the residue afterwords for sure....

You can use a hemp wick if your worried about using a lighter to smoke ;)

Pretty much you need to spin a bunch of trim, only organic trim and take your time doing it :)

sox

sox

I have tons of organic trim from my soil grows so im good there. What micron bag do you take it out of? Do you control the temp of your water? If so what temps? What do you mean by time, like how long I let them soak in the bags with ice or how fresh the material is? Very interested, my patients would love me if I chunked them a nice slab of that!

Depends, that one was out of the 120 micron bag, pull #5.

I control the temp of the water by timing everything i do. I also use a weird number of bags on the first and second pull, and then a different number of bags until pull 6, then its a different number if i decide to pull more. There are also water levels, the type of ice used, and agitation that play a big role. I made the ice shatter in the pic above in the middle of the woods (on my prop), with 32 gallon trashbags, 20gl bags and a broom handle because my drill broke.

If you got a bunch of trim, you will eventually figure it out :)

sox

sox

Depends, that one was out of the 120 micron bag, pull #5.

I control the temp of the water by timing everything i do. I also use a weird number of bags on the first and second pull, and then a different number of bags until pull 6, then its a different number if i decide to pull more. There are also water levels, the type of ice used, and agitation that play a big role. I made the ice shatter in the pic above in the middle of the woods (on my prop), with 32 gallon trashbags, 20gl bags and a broom handle because my drill broke.

If you got a bunch of trim, you will eventually figure it out :)

lol TRASHCANS, not trashbags

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Yea I have tons of trim I just took down last week. Thats dope too I already have the boldt bags that fit inside a 32g brute perfect. Im going to take my rez thermometer and play around later

sox

sox

Yea I have tons of trim I just took down last week. Thats dope too I already have the boldt bags that fit inside a 32g brute perfect. Im going to take my rez thermometer and play around later

FUCK boldtbags...thats what i made that ice shatter in the pic above with, so it is possible..not easy but possible....BubbleBags are far superior imo.

Camdawg

Camdawg

@sox dude beautiful job on that ice wax, shit of legends. You gotta do a tutorial on that, for the farm bro.

sox

sox

@sox dude beautiful job on that ice wax, shit of legends. You gotta do a tutorial on that, for the farm bro.

Tutorial??
Ive busted my ass in the rain, snow, and hot sun in mendo since i was 17 learning how to spin bags, so you gotta do the same.....luckily the dude i learned from made the best hash in NorCal (at the time) and taught/made us pull atleast 1lb a day of STRAIGHT FIRE....So i was running at a minimum 12-20lbs of trim a day.... that shit was a freakin tutorial....I happened to pick up all the little things he did that made it into ice wax...and that was WAY before "ice wax" or Matt Rize was even around....Lol that was even before bho wax was all over the place...

Honestly its the little little little tiny things that make the world of difference, such as the shape of your cubes or the level of water in your trashcan, or how long you wait in between pulls, or how many bags you use, even what surface you use to dry on effects melt.....everything else is all the same...trim in can, spin trim, pull bags, plate hash, let hash dry, smoke hash.

Love & Light,
~Sox

Top Bottom