Some articles a friend wanted

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dissolute

This article is too long for me to deal with splitting to post it.So here is a place you can download it from. JK
www.silicon-nutrition.info/Proceedings2011.pdf
http://www.firt.org/sites/default/files/Scarbrough_Silica_in_Plant_Nutrition_presentation.pdf

I don't know... I read that thing, it looked decent enough and all, I was reading the conclusions thinking "I hope this isn't trying to sell anything", and then of course, BAM, commercial for a mineral company! woohoo! Pretty suspect, anyone can make up a slideshow with as much fake test documentation as they like, and while I hate to invoke the fallacy of authority upon myself, it'd be much more meaningful to read this as published in a peer reviewed agriculture journal. I did just have a read through the thread over in general gardening I think, but I'm not really sure I want to re-up my proteKt supply, haha.

Thanks for posting though, I've read most of the other articles you've posted too, pretty helpful!

J

Jalisco Kid

Somebody asked for it. There are few products I endorse. I feel K silicate is a useful tool.
As in most things I use I do not believe the company that I should get 3x the yield, or cut 3 weeks off flowering. For example Messenger stated many things I did not see happening in my plants, But I did see help with disease. So I use it just as an immune booster which is what I think Harpin is. JK

deacon1503

deacon1503

Somebody asked for it. There are few products I endorse. I feel K silicate is a useful tool.
As in most things I use I do not believe the company that I should get 3x the yield, or cut 3 weeks off flowering. For example Messenger stated many things I did not see happening in my plants, But I did see help with disease. So I use it just as an immune booster which is what I think Harpin is. JK

Totally agree. I now use AgSil which is what most liquid silica products are derived from anyway and I've tried the majoritity. You see feedback from the plants within hours when it's administered. The vitality and overall health of the plant skyrockets.

D

dissolute

I just always wonder if they are just responding to the extra K, but a bag of AgSil is pretty cheap from the internets, how are you administering it?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@Jalisco Kid
I, for one like the overall attitude of one grower sharing information for others, the fact you took the time to post it suggest that you care and there is more to the Farm than meets the eye.
I only grow for myself and a few other veterans who choose herbs over pills. I found a therapeutic benefit to the grow itself
The Bud is the icing, well the frosty dank icing. thanks to teachers of the art
So thank you for the time and the free knowledge you post.
Appreciated Novices.
FlyJ

Top Bottom