Some Dynasty Genetics, LIT and Sannie selections

• Thread starter mysticepipedon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I was considering going with just clones, but I can't stand to not have a few mysteries that I've never grown before, tempting me. Yeah, I need another tent. (OK, I've got the new tent, but it's dark in there without a light, at the moment.)

There will be a few clones from past grows — Scarlet Begonias, Peyote Pancake and maybe Lemon Sunrise, but the new selections include:

Supa Durban, from Dynasty Genetics — a cross of Professor P's SSH F3 and Durban Poison,
Cinnamon Rollz from LIT — a cross between Runtz and something called Pancakes
Motherlode from Sannie's Seeds — this seems to be the old man's foray into high-potency strains.

I've grown many a Dynasty selection in the past, most recently Pineapple Fields. There are some good phenos in PF, but being a polyhybrid cross, there are also some freak-a-zoids that I considered a waste of tent space. Supa Durban should have fewer phenos, as it may be a true F1 of inbred lines.

Not a lot happening over in Sannie's world these days, but Motherlode and Motherlode Kush are fairly recent strains that are said to be 25%+ THC cannabinoids. While not a huge fan of Sannie's work, I have enjoyed some of his wares over the years, and this new strain deserves a fair hearing (or smoking, or stoning, or something).

I knew ZERO about LIT (short for Lost In Translation) or Cinnamon Rollz until a seed vendor sent a pack as a freebie. At this time I know slightly more than zero. I never grew Runtz or a Runtz cross, and these were freebies, and LIT seems to charge a lot more for seeds than I usually pay, so into a grow it goes.

Cinnamon Rollz and Motherlode are fems. Two seeds of each were germed. Four Supa Durban were germed. 100% germination on all seeds, but there are a couple of seeds in the Cinnamon Rollz pack that I can't imagine would ever germ. I'd be pissed if I actually PAID for the fuckers:
IMG_7048.jpeg

The two I germed were removed from the pack, so I got 11 seeds instead of 10, and two look like duds.

The gals are here, waiting to tree-up. I think Supa Durban could be big. Motherlode is said to be a hybrid that grows more like an indica. For some reason, I also think Cinnamon Rollz will also be a more compact plant than I'm used to growing.
IMG_7050.jpeg

One Supa Durban has not poked its head above soil yet, but I know it germed, since I use the paper towel method. Drum roll, please.

These gals (and maybe some Supa Durban guys) are in an old 24" x 48" x 51" cloning tent that I decided to put to use again. I replaced my old 4', 8 tube t-5 light with two HLG 65W V2 lights, when they were on sale over the holidays. At the very least, I'll be saving a little power.

With the old t-5 fixture, I could veg for 4 weeks, if the plants didn't outgrow the 51" tall tent, and I had even flowered plants with it. We'll see how LEDs do, by the time I put them in the flower tent.

Clones are going slowly — probably a little chillier than they'd like — but they all have nubs that are about to elongate into roots. I'm playing this grow by ear on how many clones will go in, and what sized pots these seedlings will end up in.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

This grow could be changing quickly. I threw my hat in the ring to be a tester for Irie. Some mystery fem seeds are heading my way.

Sometime between now and April, I'll have to make a decision to add that additional tent, or sideline some of these plants.

The clones won't be making an appearance. I'm thinking of putting all plants in 2 1/2 gallon containers for their final transplant and having 16 small plants in a 5' x 5'. I'm afraid Supa Durban might have to go out to other willing growers in my area. I suppose it depends how many tester seeds I get, but I envision around 10.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Wait… whut?

I'm having a stoner moment. All 8 seeds that I took out of the packs germed, using the paper towel method, but one Supa Durban never poked its head above soil. After scraping the soil away slowly, I found no trace of a seedling anywhere in the pot (the Supa Durban to the right, in the pic, above).

This morning, I see this:
IMG 7051 cu

OK, clearly I dropped that one seed into the same pot as this, but where did that third seedling come from? I've never had a germ rate of 112.5% before. I was thinking of digging it up (for science!) but screw it. I'll grow 'em out and see if they're all the same strain.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've been negligent on this grow diary. I've been working 7 days a week and have had no time to put into my grow. Plus, it's been a weird start.

I was expecting tester seeds — they never arrived, so I gradually germed other seeds and put them in the mix. Now I have plants that were vegging weeks beyond others, all different sizes.

A couple of Sannie's Mother Lode Kush and Irie's Arise got into the act, but they're small. Some plants are in 2.5 gallon containers, some in 5 gallon. All ended up transplanted into Lush soil by Roots. Here's a quick peak. I'll take individual pics over the Memorial Day weekend.
IMG 7095

This is the first time I've used Lush. All I can say is, if you're looking for an organic soil for a grow that will require as little of your attention as possible, this is your soil. I've just watered and added microbes. The plant that looks like it's in need of defoliating in the front center of the pic, was a neglected mom plant that got way too big. She had all kinds of issues, which pretty much went away when I transplanted her into Lush. They have been in Lush 3 weeks, flipped to flower 6 days ago.

A Cinnamon Rollz, my only female Supa Durban and a Motherlode are on the right side. The rest are in the center and left. The rear half of the tent has a far red LED lighting bar over it that I bought to experiment with making flowering quicker. Then I read that using FR light opens up some secondary photosynthesis pathway and, blah, blah, blah, I should have gotten two of these FR light bars. Oh well.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

At 2 weeks and 5 days after flip, The Neglected Grow keeps chugging along, mostly quite happy that I've been neglecting them — with a couple of exceptions.

First, hats off to Lush potting soil, by Roots. It's been about 4 weeks since I transplanted last, and only the "couple of exceptions" have gotten any nutrients, other than what was in the soil. That will change tonight, as there is a batch of tea brewing.

Here's the gang from the front flap:
5x55 3 22

It's a jungle. My fear of a square inch of tent space being unoccupied got the better of me, once again. It's to be expected for an ad hoc grow like this.

From a side flap, you can really get an idea of the height differences in this bunch:
Heightdiff 5 30 22

The shorties in the middle/bottom of the photo are of a strain called Peyote Pancake. A new breeder started selling these in Sannie's, then he disappeared. This cut has stuck with me. It's an excellent, no-mind-activity indica dom. It can also take low nutrients and excess nutrients. Either way, it has a dark green to almost blue color.

In the upper right corner is the tallest, one of the Cinnamon Rollz. Here she is, followed by a sister, who is a completely different pheno:
CR1 5 30 22

CR2 5 30 22

This is the only female Supa Durban that I had. She seems quite healthy, and doesn't show signs that she's a shitty pheno. From experience, I found it's best to pop a whole pack of Dynasty Genetics seeds, because a loser pheno or two is very possible. She's looking good, and is also trichoming it up already. No scent worth mentioning yet:
SD5 30 33

Two phenos of Sannie's motherlode, so far. He considers these "compact plants."
ML1 5 30 22

ML2 5 30 22

The second one is somewhat compact — at least compared to the first, which is about 4' tall.

I also tossed in Sannie's Motherlode Kush, when the grim reality that my tester seeds were never going to make it. Also two phenos:
MLK1 5 30 22

MLK2 5 30 22

The first one, pictured above, has insanely long petioles:
MLK1 petiole 5 30 22

Another look at the Peyote Pancake:
PP5 30 22

And now for the two plants who were not happy with Lush — Arise and Lemon Sunrise. First, the Arise girls:
Arise1 5 30 22

I think she wanted more N. I gave her a bit last week, along with other nutes. She'll share in the tea I add tonight.

Arise25 30 22

This Arise seems a little happier. The other one is hanging around with the Lemon Sunrise, who is a notorious bad influence.

As you can see, she's suffering most. Note to self: Load this one up on nutes at the flip. She seems to need N and Mg most of all. She got the Mg this time around, but not the N.
LS 5 30 22

I'm going to let this cut go and roll the dice in another LS seed run. Originally, I had three females, all of which were nearly identical. I kept this one because the other two cuts didn't root. She honestly would have been the third choice, but as I mentioned, there was barely a difference between them.

Anyway, It will probably be around mid-July when these gals start coming down. Lots of mystery, as I've never grown Supa Durban, Cinnamon Rollz, Motherlode, Motherlode Kush or Arise before. Arise is advertised as been stupid-strong. Maybe it will anesthetize me for the final few months before I "retire" from working 7 days a week.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

A brief update. Here's a pic from the same side-flap window as above. It's becoming a wall-o-buds.
6 10 22wall o buds

They yellower ones on the sides are Arise girls. In the future, if they have a future with me, they'll need a good dose of nitrogen around flip time. Arise and Lemon Sunrise are the nutrient hogs of this group.

A few frosty ones, for 4 weeks and a couple of days. First the Arise, which is only medium frosty at this point.
6 10 22arise

The frost queens of the grow are Cinnamon Rollz and Supa Durban. First Cinnamon Rollz:
6 10 22cinnamonrollz1

This one will have "resin rails" on the sides of some of those bud leaves, before all is said and done. It will be begging to be made into hash. The other Cinnamon Rollz plant is just medium in the frost department.

Supa Durban is also looking fine, but not quite as frosty as CR:
6 10 22supadurban

Due to not flipping to flower early enough, I am actually RUNNING LOW ON WEED!!! I may have to [gasp!] GO TO A DISPENSARY soon!! Unfortunately, the only times I have available to go to one are weekends and Friday afternoons, which are literally the very worst times to go to a dispensary in my area.

I'm sure they'll have something I can use for sleep, but they'll no way in hell have any of the high-energy, frantic weed I prefer for any time besides bedtime. Dear me.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

At 5 weeks and a couple of days (taken on Friday), they're not looking bad. Here's most of them, through the side flap window:
Group6 17 22

The yellowish ones on either side are the Arise girls. They need a heavy dose of N at flip or they never recover. Everyone else was quite happy with Lush potting soil.

Here are a few of the frostiest babies. First, Cinnamon Rollz:
CinnamonRollz6 17 22

Obviously as frosty as fuck. I hope to get those buds to an impressive size in a few weeks. I can't quite identify scents, but they seem similar to the cookie and cake-related strains.

Supa Durban is also frosty as fuck. She's got a fruity scent with some pine:
IMG 7156

This gal also looks like she might be a relatively early finisher. Maybe 9 weeks, but probably 10 or more.

The other Cinnamon Rollz looks and smells NOTHING LIKE the frost queen, above. The other has a pure mint scent, at this time:
IMG 7155

This one was never topped because she was a shorty, originally. Very narrow, sativa-like leaves. She may not be a frost queen, but she's looking as good as some of the clones that I know kick ass (Lemon Sunrise and Scarlet Begonias).

The Peyote Pancake will probably finish first. I need some sleep meds and have needed them since the grow before my last one. Like an idiot, Everything I grew last time was either super-energized or was Lost In Space weed. Scarlet Begonias is definitely Lost In Space weed. I thought, because it was advertised as being "ceilingless," it would have some high energy paranoia involved with it, since every ceilingless strain I've tried is like that. Well, this is a new buzz for ceilingless buzz lovers. Me + work + Scarlet Begonias = 0.

The Arise girls seem to be two phenos — one with a stanky OG-like scent, the other is fruity with a hint of deep stank in the background.

The Motherlode girls are also two different phenos — one that is very fruity, the other has some fruit to it, but also some confusing scents. I failed to identify the scent coming from the Motherlode Kush plants. It's kind of light, at this point.

Another update in a week or two.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I was considering going with just clones, but I can't stand to not have a few mysteries that I've never grown before, tempting me. Yeah, I need another tent. (OK, I've got the new tent, but it's dark in there without a light, at the moment.)

There will be a few clones from past grows — Scarlet Begonias, Peyote Pancake and maybe Lemon Sunrise, but the new selections include:

Supa Durban, from Dynasty Genetics — a cross of Professor P's SSH F3 and Durban Poison,
Cinnamon Rollz from LIT — a cross between Runtz and something called Pancakes
Motherlode from Sannie's Seeds — this seems to be the old man's foray into high-potency strains.

I've grown many a Dynasty selection in the past, most recently Pineapple Fields. There are some good phenos in PF, but being a polyhybrid cross, there are also some freak-a-zoids that I considered a waste of tent space. Supa Durban should have fewer phenos, as it may be a true F1 of inbred lines.

Not a lot happening over in Sannie's world these days, but Motherlode and Motherlode Kush are fairly recent strains that are said to be 25%+ THC cannabinoids. While not a huge fan of Sannie's work, I have enjoyed some of his wares over the years, and this new strain deserves a fair hearing (or smoking, or stoning, or something).

I knew ZERO about LIT (short for Lost In Translation) or Cinnamon Rollz until a seed vendor sent a pack as a freebie. At this time I know slightly more than zero. I never grew Runtz or a Runtz cross, and these were freebies, and LIT seems to charge a lot more for seeds than I usually pay, so into a grow it goes.

Cinnamon Rollz and Motherlode are fems. Two seeds of each were germed. Four Supa Durban were germed. 100% germination on all seeds, but there are a couple of seeds in the Cinnamon Rollz pack that I can't imagine would ever germ. I'd be pissed if I actually PAID for the fuckers:
View attachment 1220050
The two I germed were removed from the pack, so I got 11 seeds instead of 10, and two look like duds.

The gals are here, waiting to tree-up. I think Supa Durban could be big. Motherlode is said to be a hybrid that grows more like an indica. For some reason, I also think Cinnamon Rollz will also be a more compact plant than I'm used to growing.
View attachment 1220051
One Supa Durban has not poked its head above soil yet, but I know it germed, since I use the paper towel method. Drum roll, please.

These gals (and maybe some Supa Durban guys) are in an old 24" x 48" x 51" cloning tent that I decided to put to use again. I replaced my old 4', 8 tube t-5 light with two HLG 65W V2 lights, when they were on sale over the holidays. At the very least, I'll be saving a little power.

With the old t-5 fixture, I could veg for 4 weeks, if the plants didn't outgrow the 51" tall tent, and I had even flowered plants with it. We'll see how LEDs do, by the time I put them in the flower tent.

Clones are going slowly — probably a little chillier than they'd like — but they all have nubs that are about to elongate into roots. I'm playing this grow by ear on how many clones will go in, and what sized pots these seedlings will end up in.
Pretty goofy of them to put 2 white seeds in, who are they trying to fool?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Pretty goofy of them to put 2 white seeds in, who are they trying to fool?
Yeah, they seem to have a quality control problem. I would have blown a gasket if these were seeds I paid for.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

One of the side buds on that minty one popped some nanners yesterday. I was going to chop it last night, but it's such a fine specimen that I took it out of the tent and figured I'd inspect it to see how badly it's trying to hermie. Turns out it's only one bud, so I moved it to the front of the tent where I can inspect it daily. If nanners pop up in any more buds, she could be dealing with the Grim Clipper soon.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Frost queen update:

The Supa Durban, at 7 weeks, is nearly done. This was not expected. I was hoping those buds were going to fill out some more.
6 28 22SupaDurban

As you can see from the size of the green support pole (maybe 1/3 inch in diameter) these will be pinky sized buds after drying, and lots of leaf. I'm giving them at least another week, but I haven't seen any sign of new growth in a while.

I tend to pinch back tops once or twice in a grow, because I don't like giant colas. Looks like that's not a worry for Supa Durban.

The Cinnamon Rollz that didn't hermie is looking fine, but she's still got white stigmas. She'll go 10 weeks, at least.
6 28 22CinnamonRollz

They started getting Bloom Booster nutes on Sunday, so the fade is on. Well, it was on since about a week after flip for Arise and Lemon Sunrise. I have got to remember to dose them heavily with N for the first 2-3 weeks of flower.

Anyway, the end of this grow is near. I won't need to visit a dispensary again for a long time.

steamroller

steamroller

Glad to hear you say you saw the winter fade quick. I have repeats/ clones from my earlier grows that had great winter colors before but I never realized how soon it may have started.
4+ weeks in flower on what I am doing now and I see N def. and wicked color change for maybe 2 weeks on some ! I am trying to 'adjust on the fly'.
I asked once last grow if I did it to my plants or if common and never got a real answer. They faded hard early last time IMO also.
I know my room is not completely mis managed as there are a few fantastically healthy plants that respond to my 'adjust on the fly', but others seem so far down the road [ @ 4 weeks!], that their fate is set.
Most of my room last time [19 plants] was done at 8 weeks, with milky trichs 90% and amber @10% .
I am now putting this behavior on strain more then me. I get some blame [or credit] but the plant is what it is.

Thanks for sharing, I value your input on all topics.

Top Bottom