Some first time grower questions.

• Thread starter MDE420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MDE420

Not totally disappointed with the results of my first grow attempt other than yield. I have a 4x6 tent I made with a wood frame and heavy panda film. Four Vipar Spectra V1000 lights, one for each plant. Cana coco coir rinsed and buffered twice. Grown in 80/20 perlite in 3 gallon fabric pots with General Hydroponics standard 3 part and some si. Ph always right around 6.2
Some first time grower questions 2

Some first time grower questions

These dead tips were my first concern. I thought it was damage from too much light but I never got the lights above 50%. Also the same damage appears on all the leaves, even bottom ones. By the end of the grow I had the lights at 40%, 24 inches above the tops. I ended up with some very potent sticky flowers but they’re very light. I got about 8 ounces out of the 4 plants in this space.
Some first time grower questions 3

Then this happened! This damage just showed up one day but only one of the plants and only the tops. You can see at the bottom a perfect healthy fan leaves. Lower buds had no problems. This is what made me turn the lights down. All 4 plants are Barney’s Farm Gorilla Zkittlez and were side by side the entire grow including nutrients and watering. Why would the tops of just one plant do this?

Please help if you can.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello. Your light is to close. it must be 30 inches above the plant tops. About 65%.
See the nice green in pic one. This is what your looking for.
In the last picture. Very dark green. Over feeding Nitrogen. See how the leaf tips curl under.
This is clawing caused buy nitrogen toxicity. The white leaf edges are light burned.
2nd pic. See the burned tips.
You need to study E.C. And how to flush water so your plants don't burn like this.
Check PH and E.C always.

Hope this helps you.

2Water

2Water

Looks like it might be a toxicity issue of not enough lights. Too much nutrient build and the plants couldn't photosynthesize effectively 🤷‍♂️ Tricky because it could go either way, and I'm only in my third grow

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
So, the leaf tip damage is def light related. And the bleaching as well. There is definitely a surplus of N here too. Like imzz was saying, light is too close. So that plus the nitrogen seem to have double wammied your ladies. There is even some bananas popping up. That usually happens when there are microclimate issues in mid to late flower. Also 2water was speaking on slowed photosynthesis, he’s def onto something there, with some of the N issues it slows transpiration which in turn slows the plants feeding down. 👊🏻🤡

2Water

2Water

So, the leaf tip damage is def light related. And the bleaching as well. There is definitely a surplus of N here too. Like imzz was saying, light is too close. So that plus the nitrogen seem to have double wammied your ladies. There is even some bananas popping up. That usually happens when there are microclimate issues in mid to late flower. Also 2water was speaking on slowed photosynthesis, he’s def onto something there, with some of the N issues it slows transpiration which in turn slows the plants feeding down. 👊🏻🤡
Capt for the win with the wisdom and sage advice

Latest posts

Top Bottom