• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Some fishing stories are a little hard to believe
Some fishing stories are a little hard to believe, But this guy has pictures to prove his story...

Tom Satre told the Sitka Gazette that he was out with a charter group on his 62-foot fishing vessel when four juvenile black-tailed deer swam directly toward his boat.
"Once the deer reached the boat, the four began to circle the boat, looking directly at us. We could tell right away that the young bucks were distressed.

I opened up my back gate and we helped the typically skittish and absolutely wild animals onto the boat. In all my years fishing, I've never seen anything quite like it!

“Once on-board, they collapsed with exhaustion, shivering. We headed for Taku Harbour. Once we reached the dock, the first
buck that we had been pulled from the water hopped onto the dock, looked back as if to say 'thank you' and disappeared into the forest.”

After a bit of prodding and assistance, two more followed, but the smallest deer needed a little more help (that’s him in the wheelbarrow).

My daughter, Anna, and son, Tim, helped the last buck to its feet. We didn't know how long they had been in the icy waters or if there had been others who did not survive. My daughter later told me that the experience was something that she would never forget, and I suspect the deer felt the same way as well!"

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Makes ya feel pretty good HUH?

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Good Story

Good people, smart deer

mal

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Great story...Thanks for sharing it,

Got a link?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Deer 800x600

Hey Putemback, ever putback anything like this? Now that would be a fish story!!!

Sorry no link sent by friend Thats Alaska I believe.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Man u always got the best storys.. Another great read

ttystikk

ttystikk

Oh Deer, not ANOTHER fish story!

I rescued a turtle in FL once- he was on the wrong side of a busy road from his pond, getting slowly cooked in the hot sun. He looked like a red racer that had been around for a really long time. He did the same thing; looked back at me after I let him down into the water.

Onespark

Onespark

I am never going to cease to be amazed! Look at how they all huddled up peacefully on the deck...Just thankful to be alive. Love for that story CM

putembk

putembk

View attachment 185314

Hey Putemback, ever putback anything like this? Now that would be a fish story!!!

Sorry no link sent by friend Thats Alaska I believe.

Sorry never went fishing for deer. Great story, wonder what caused them to go that far out in the first pace?

Totally bored today, absolutely nothing to do in my garden and its snowing and windy outside. Guess I will tie flies.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Not to get too touchy-feely, but stories like this make me wonder what might happen if humans worked harder at cooperating with the natural world, making friends with animals, etc- I'm betting things would work out a lot better than they are right now!

Top Bottom