Some Help With Test Results Please....

• Thread starter Ladyv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
happylittle

happylittle

When I ran my first batch of CBD oil, using the same counter top still as the 'regular' oil, I didn't bother to clean the distiller with alcohol, even though there was a little residue remaining from previous runs, it looked harmless. The still operates at a high enough temperature to boil the liquid, and the material is suspended in 95% ethanol, so it all looked sterile enough, but I believe that some THC from a previous run 'contaminated' the CBD batch, causing a slightly stoney oil. Going to wipe everything down with alcohol before doing the next CBD run and see if the oil is 'tamer.' Good detail to notice, live and learn. View attachment 502971
Thank you for being man enough to admit your mistakes.
Ive been there myself.
-J

chuckchill

chuckchill

im ,lost here.lol. it allways comes back higher in THC , after u turn it to bho. it changes from for example from 2% thc,+ 22% cbd ,BUT AFTER MAKING IT INTO A CONCENTRATE THE THC HIGHTENS AND CBD LOWERS. STILL A NICE HIGH NUMBER FROM THE -1 /2O CUT THO.ON CBD.
PEACE.
C.C

chuckchill

chuckchill

good idea/thaught! BUT? i had the same thaught! ITS ,OBVIOUSLLY THE ,SOLVENT? but you will STILL GET THE SAME TYPE OF THING WITH WATER HASH!:-). LOL.WEIRD BUT TRUE.
PEACE.
C.C
I thought id jump in here with my 2 cents.
First off a lil on my background i ran a small hplc lab in MI for a couple years.

one of the things i noticed was that the ratio from a test on flower/ trim often varied from the corresponding concentrate. I believe this is due to a couple diffrent factors.

-the levels of cannabinoids vary in diffrent parts of the plant. the ratio is often closer when blind batch testing is done on everything that is going into the concentrate.

-also the process used to make the concentrate. (This is not my area of expertise but ill try and explain my thoughts on this)
-Diffrent solvents vary in how they pull molecules from the plant. This is why we prefer certain solvents/mixtures.
-also the temperatures/times used in processing can also effect the outcome.

Like the others also said testing can be a HUGE issue as lab standards are few and far between when it comes iy our beloved cannabis.

Hopefully this helps.

-:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom