Some letters I've sent the Canadian Gov't

• Thread starter Donk Frog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Donk Frog

Here a few letters I recently wrote to the PM and some other party leaders and thier lackies.

This was sent to my local member of parliment.
last friday.

"By promising to jail more pot smokers and offering mandatory six-month jail terms for growing even one marijuana plant, Stephen Harper wants to turn our 50,000 inmate population into a 65,000-to-70,000 inmate population.

This will take billions of dollars to accomplish.

Instead of regulating marijuana and generating $3 billion in annual tax revenue, he wants to spend billions more every year building jails and filling them with pot users.

How, exactly, is that going to help the economy?

By creating jobs for lawyers, cops, gangsters and jail-builders, I guess.

It will certainly make a dent in the "affordable housing" problem.
you make me sick.
while our country is falling apart(health care, record job losses of HIGH PAYING jobs) you still spend million and billions a year to try and stop people from smoking a plant...grow a brain, are you saying that we as Canadians are stupider than the Dutch...who have been treating it like alchool and regulating it.
I have smoked pot for 16 years...I finished school, I run my own business, I pay my taxes and have no criminal record. I am healthly with no lung problems and have not been to the doctor in years....so I don't burden the health system.
I do not drive high, nor do I think that children under 19 should be anywhere around pot. But without regulation there will never be control...look at proabition...lead to the rise of gangsters, bootleggers. Think about what is best for the country not your party's agenda. You can be tough on crimes however pot, is not crime. With all the problems in the world today pot is the least of my concearns......oh by the way it is so main stream you can buy pot online and have it delivered.

I have said my piece
I know it will do nothing
but I truly belive in democracy
And if i don't voice my opinion, and vote and write my local MP and MPP
then I am not pushing to improve my country"

this one was sent to harper pre election.
"Dear Mr.Harper

I know you grew up in the Ronald Regan years with the Just say noslogan......If you want the 80's back get in your fucking time machine and go.....Canadians are sick of our tax dollars being wasted on trying to stop people from smoking pot..... Get over to the states and become a republican if that's the line you want to take.....you will not win the election on that platform.....Further more your plan to remove safe injection site is a health risk, and puts the public at risk....Try cracking down on real drug like crack, coke, extacy, meth, heroin...... I have no crimanal record, and I have smoked Pot since I was 15.....I am healthy and very rarly go to the doctor, I finished my schooling and have my own business. I have never been "gateway druged " into using other drugs. The canadian senate recommended decrimilization....... It should be legal and regulated just like booze...and taxed to help prop up our health care system. By no means should children have access to weed, but like alchool when you are of age it should be your choice. Oh and please stop sending money to other countries while our health care system is falling apart....everytime I turn around Canada is send 300million to this country and 500million to that country...while you cut funding to art grant programs, neglete to support our athletes, tons of poor in Canada, so stop giving OUR money away......Oh and instead of attack ads...try say positive things about your party instead of trying to slander competion...I want to know what you will do right, not what they will do wrong."

And this was sent to other party leaders
"Last thing we need is prisons full of people in there for smoking, growing, or selling Pot...it is a plant get over it.....I expect common sense from all the leaders on this issues.....No more wasting tax dollars on this, there are to many other things that need the money more..I can do nothing without you guys, regulate it...stop fearing the U.S...I am french and sent my teen years in Quebec...during the referendum in 95 all those young voters wanted legalization if Quebec got seperation, those young voters are now power voters in thier 30's like me..........Stop the wasting of tax money."

"It's about time that a political leader in this country had the guts to stand up and say marijuana should be legalized. It's ridiculous that it's illegal and anyone who has studied the matter from every level knows it. It costs billions and billions of dollars every year for this country and our pot-phobic neighbours to the sounth to fight the scourge of marijuana.
Let's use all the money wasted on police and courts and prisons and invest it into something so badly needed in this country, the environment, infrastructure, and health care.
Waiting three months for an MRI while cops pounce on mom and pop grow ops with a moment's notice is just insane. And think of the taxes we could reap from those people who want to light up instead of drinking a beer.
That my neighbour can get wasted on alcohol and I cannot partake in a smoke in my bedroom late at night, hurting no one, is a breach of my civil rights. There are millions of Canadians who agree with me but are too fearful to come forward.
Wise up. Legalizing marijuana could just get you elected."

My next question is how many of you are hounding your goverment on these issues.....????? Think about it if everone who smoked or knew someone who smoked wrote more of these......it would be regulated and legal

Cheers

meangreenmartian

meangreenmartian

Well said Donk, It's amazing how much time is spent in Canada and the US on the worthless marijuana drug war. Rather then focusing their efforts on hard drugs that actually harm people like meth, crack, H and others they are busy wasting funds on a naturally growing medicinal and therapeutic plant. Keep on Fighting the Good Fight!

Top Bottom