Some questions about diluting solution

• Thread starter MylesJM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MylesJM

I’m using canna coco and canna range nutrients but plan on switching to rockwool & using flora series for my next grow so I’ll ask questions about the current range I am using and surely I can use the information for my next grow.

So I have a starting water of 150ppm / 0.3 EC

Canna obviously advertise a 40mL dose of A & B per 10 litres of water which would obviously be way too high of a EC I want.

After reading cocoforcannabis for the 100th time the website mentions manufacturers use these values to have the correct NER (Nutrient element ratio)

The question I have is if I were to make a batch of nutrient solution of such high EC/dosage could I dilute it with tap water to reach my desired EC or would this throw of the NER?

I’ve been using 10mL of A & B to reach my desired EC/ppm but will this have the same NER (Nutrient element ratio) as the higher dose canna recommends at 40mL A & B at 10 litres of water?

The main 2 questions are:
  1. Should I dilute a higher dosage to my required EC?
  2. Should I find the correct dosage to reach my correct EC?
Thanks guys

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
thats a heavy question : ) hope someone chimes in.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Haha me too 🤞
I have zero experience in what you are doing but wouldn’t it make sense to find the correct dosage and work up to the EC? Thats just my minimal knowledge along with barely any common sense hahaha!!! Just trying to bring some life to your post in hopes you get a good answer. Is there any way to test this theory with out harming your plants? Hope thats not a stupid question, again though I dont know what im talking about lol : )

M

MylesJM

I have zero experience in what you are doing but wouldn’t it make sense to find the correct dosage and work up to the EC? Thats just my minimal knowledge along with barely any common sense hahaha!!! Just trying to bring some life to your post in hopes you get a good answer. Is there any way to test this theory with out harming your plants? Hope thats not a stupid question, again though I dont know what im talking about lol : )
I think the same thing, finding the correct dosage but cocoforcannabis says manufacturers put such high doses for the correct ratio of nutrients so I’m a bit stumped

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I think the same thing, finding the correct dosage but cocoforcannabis says manufacturers put such high doses for the correct ratio of nutrients so I’m a bit stumped
When I started buying my nutrients (for soil) the nute store dude told me to half or use a smaller amount then recommended for the first and maybe second feedings and then ramp it up a bit. I thnk you would be good off to start lower than the recommended and work up from there (I dont know how that would change the variables you are working with though) and I would be watching all day long to make sure it wasn’t negatively effecting them : ) you know your plants and it sounds like you know enough about what you are doing, taking info from both your experience and what you are reading and meeting in the middle : ) sorry I’m the only dumbass to chime in hahaha!! Good luck!

K

Kamisama

It ll have same ratio. Use what they say on bottle and get the desired EC based on stage of plant. Start with a liter and u ll see, if you ll need weaker EC, just add more water. Mix in correct order!!
U use coco, so its basically similar to any hydroponic feeding chart. Using 0,8EC for a seedling or germination is normal and feed plant every watering including Mg, Ca unless its already in your nutes.
Measure flushed water to see final EC, PH to be sure.
What size are your pots?

Screenshot 1
M

MylesJM

It ll have same ratio. Use what they say on bottle and get the desired EC based on stage of plant. Start with a liter and u ll see, if you ll need weaker EC, just add more water. Mix in correct order!!
U use coco, so its basically similar to any hydroponic feeding chart. Using 0,8EC for a seedling or germination is normal and feed plant every watering including Mg, Ca unless its already in your nutes.
Measure flushed water to see final EC, PH to be sure.
What size are your pots?
Good stuff, thanks for the help.

They’re 15L pots

M

MylesJM

When I started buying my nutrients (for soil) the nute store dude told me to half or use a smaller amount then recommended for the first and maybe second feedings and then ramp it up a bit. I thnk you would be good off to start lower than the recommended and work up from there (I dont know how that would change the variables you are working with though) and I would be watching all day long to make sure it wasn’t negatively effecting them : ) you know your plants and it sounds like you know enough about what you are doing, taking info from both your experience and what you are reading and meeting in the middle : ) sorry I’m the only dumbass to chime in hahaha!! Good luck!
Not a dubmass at all mate appreciate the help 👍

Top Bottom