some sts help

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

Currently running a Alien lemon dawg that I selected from 30 seeds. She is one heavy yielder and crystally as can be. Ironically not the biggest buds but they are like fishing sinkers they are so heavy. Makes trimming a joy. Well not a joy but at least decent. I sprayed sts on one cutting to reverse it. Tons of new male flowers formed. 3 weeks in....only one or two male flowers opened and seemed to have no pollen at all. I gave it another spraying and yet any that open seem to be no pollen or if there is a few grains perhaps sterile. I am now at the 5 week mark. I keep shaking the male over the female but so far it seems not a single pollen grain has made it.
Any ways anyone knows of overcoming this (other than getting a LAD natural male)?

budboy299

budboy299

nobody has any tricks for hard to convert sts males?
next batch I will try and make the solution slightly stonger, or spray more frequently....thoughts?

SunGrown

SunGrown

I was watching this thread but I have no idea...seems strange that happened. Spray more frequently maybe.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like sterile flowers. Some just don't like to rev

budboy299

budboy299

I think you may be right Cannarado...but I will try it a few more times to see.
I do have some more LAD seeds so I may have to find a suitable male and try and do some backcrossing to get what I am after.

brd

brd

Sorry can't help with the sts. I was however gifted some LAD pollen a while back crossed it with my favorite OG Kush. What I've seen from the ladies I've run is basically exactly what you described rock hard with tons of trichs. I have yet to find a good one that will produce. A little more floral than the mom. The ones that produce don't have the same amount of trichs.

budboy299

budboy299

sounds good brd. I almost culled the lad I am running because the buds were relatively small. till I chopped and weighed. They were easily as heavy as buds twice the size on other strains and super crystally. It is the one all the buddies always ask me about.

Top Bottom