Some Things On Lighting | WTF

• Thread starter constantine_greece
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
constantine_greece

constantine_greece

Hey guys,

So, i was reading some articles on lights and they say for example, that if you have a 250w hps and 5 plants, it means that every plant gets 50 w.

I don't get that.

I have a 250w that always runs and lights 5 plants.

The light is not a consumable do divide it, so, shouldn't be that every plant gets 250w?

The reason I'm asking this is that i want to put a 600w hps and grow 2 dos si dos. Shouldn't i get 20 oz from each?

Please, if you can explain it to me. Thanks!

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Oh shit free energy hack.

That's how the Egyptians did it.. Only one guy paid the electric bill they just shared the light with mirrors.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hey guys,

So, i was reading some articles on lights and they say for example, that if you have a 250w hps and 5 plants, it means that every plant gets 50 w.

I don't get that.

I have a 250w that always runs and lights 5 plants.

The light is not a consumable do divide it, so, shouldn't be that every plant gets 250w?

The reason I'm asking this is that i want to put a 600w hps and grow 2 dos si dos. Shouldn't i get 20 oz from each?

Please, if you can explain it to me. Thanks!

I think that's a loose correlation drawn that's intended to give a rough idea of how much light you'll need by using the number of plants as a placeholder for the surface area to be lit. I don't think the implication is that the energy is divided but more that that's what percentage of the usable space a given light produces per plant assuming the plant occupies a static amount of space.

Top Bottom