SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME! :(

• Thread starter SleepyBTokin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SleepyBTokin

SleepyBTokin

I have no idea what’s wrong with these plants , there in fox farm ocean forest I feed them fox farm nutrients , there ph is at 7 and I Came to check on them and now there starting to die
Somebody please help me

Somebody please help me 2

Somebody please help me 3
Somebody please help me 4

Wolfe

Wolfe

Are they indoor or outdoor plants? How much light are they getting?
Most the time I can get plants rootbound in similar soil with no nutrients. The one is toast. The others look like you could save them. My guess is that ocean forest soil has enough nutes to last a month or more. I would give them straight water and a decent amount of lumens for a bit. You could also mist them with a little water. I don’t typically add nutrients to my soil for the first month or so. Bottled nutrients can be a little much at first to little ones.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

They have not used a month of nutes likely. And you said you added more.

They dont need any nutes.
i agree,just cause the plant is a month old there is no gimmick in the soil that say it depleted at one month,if you start in solo cup just say,roots come out the bottom,you trans plant,the soil very well might have a little use to it,but if you watering every day the nutes from the bag soil more than likely are depleted,so you up pot ,roots go to work and try to find the bottom again,so why water the whole pot,you leaching again,so roots find the bottom of that pot again and take off,by this time you should have a good roots system going,you decide you want to up pot one more time,all cool but how big in size from last pot are you watering?i suggest watering around the outside edge of the old pot for a few days to let them roots break out and run,so now your looking at 60 days in ocean,guess what im saying is every up pot brings new nutrients to the pot treat it that way,more times than not i dont even start to feed the plant until i flip to flower and only start 1/4 strength,last and most important is if you already know the problem why even come here to ask,@MIMedGrower just trying to help,catipillar knows his shit and you might should consider what he saying,anyway hope any this helps,may the force be with you and good luck

SleepyBTokin

SleepyBTokin

Are they indoor or outdoor plants? How much light are they getting?
Most the time I can get plants rootbound in similar soil with no nutrients. The one is toast. The others look like you could save them. My guess is that ocean forest soil has enough nutes to last a month or more. I would give them straight water and a decent amount of lumens for a bit. You could also mist them with a little water. I don’t typically add nutrients to my soil for the first month or so. Bottled nutrients can be a little much at first to little ones.
I’m growing outdoors in Las Vegas , it’s a pure desert .

SleepyBTokin

SleepyBTokin

i agree,just cause the plant is a month old there is no gimmick in the soil that say it depleted at one month,if you start in solo cup just say,roots come out the bottom,you trans plant,the soil very well might have a little use to it,but if you watering every day the nutes from the bag soil more than likely are depleted,so you up pot ,roots go to work and try to find the bottom again,so why water the whole pot,you leaching again,so roots find the bottom of that pot again and take off,by this time you should have a good roots system going,you decide you want to up pot one more time,all cool but how big in size from last pot are you watering?i suggest watering around the outside edge of the old pot for a few days to let them roots break out and run,so now your looking at 60 days in ocean,guess what im saying is every up pot brings new nutrients to the pot treat it that way,more times than not i dont even start to feed the plant until i flip to flower and only start 1/4 strength,last and most important is if you already know the problem why even come here to ask,@MIMedGrower just trying to help,catipillar knows his shit and you might should consider what he saying,anyway hope any this helps,may the force be with you and good luck
I do enjoy every little bit of information you guys do give me , everything helps me . I appreciate it all .

Wolfe

Wolfe

I’m growing outdoors in Las Vegas , it’s a pure desert .
Slow and easy she goes buddy. I have no real experience about that climate to grow in. I would assume you would just need to keep your plants from getting completely dried out or too saturated. And that would be more difficult to control with extreme temperatures.. I believe genetics are going to help one in the Las Vegas climate the most. Research strains that do well in the valley desert heat. I’m not sure about your strain in particular that you are running. However, I think that for now just take it one day at a time. Just give it enough water to make it through a day and partial night with water. It’s ok if your soil is a little dry on the top but still slightly damp under the top layer the next day you water. You’ll find when you have decent roots started you can increase the water level with your plants demand.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I’ve just been putting this out there for anyone to use. My recipe is slightly different and I can give that out also but for starters.
Check this out: I use a basic soil mix and recycle my soil. I’ve used the same soil for 7 years. Here’s a basic recipe:
Worm castings
Bat guano 9-3-1 and 3-10-1
Alfalfa mean 2.5 -1-1
Green sander
Kelp meal 1-0. 1-2
Fish meal 10-4-0
Dolomite
Epson salt
Microhyaze
Microhyaze : Get a kiddy pool or tarp. This one you don’t need to “cook”. Pro mix soil with microhyaze to start off. About half a cube fills up a kiddi pool. Next, you could put up to a half a bag of worm castings. Or 1/3. I used 1/3 this year. Then add the rest of your mixture I usually do less then what the box calls for since I improvise and add more stuff. Mix your soil up best you can slowly. One small kiddi pool will fill close to 3 20 gallon pots. Big pots help.... But you’ll need a decent root structure on those to transplant. If you’re worried about the mix being too hot you can put the top of
The kiddi pool soil with the most dry nutrients mixed in at the bottom of a few pots. Then put the rest on top. I still try to mix it really good but sometimes the bottom has not as much nutrients and it will work out to your benefit to have that less mixed up soil on top any how. Back to the system itself:
Trash can, pump with enough power to push water to however many plants you need. That one below waters 24 and had the ability to soak my stuff if needed. The timer on my hose has two ports. One for a normal hose. The other going into a filter. And a hose coming from the filter to the can. Hosing going from pump to plants. I put spikes in for one 1/8 coming off my hose( penny size 1/2 in maybe can’t remember) A air pressure stop valve at the hose going to my plants right out of the can to stop the syphon. I use a seconds timer on my pump. 24 hour, seconds timer( you can find them online).
So I set the timer from the hose to go to my van and I time how long it takes to fill it. Then I time how long it takes to empty it and calibrate it so when it fills the pump never pumps when there is no water and water doesn’t over flow over time. Kinda takes some messing with. But it automated at that point. I’ve even done this on a small scale with clones and seeds.

13A6F77D 7F24 471A AA51 252A0D18FC40
447F6213 E373 4215 A127 C893C52E362B
70F60BDB FA09 4A50 98B0 AAC16D73BE83
B5C791EB 8439 4CD2 A229 FDA35BD9A822
1E9E4FA0 B99C 4AC2 8420 F69A1ADD96C3
3EAD191F BA43 4F83 A3EA 394E67FDB778
156A6E37 D7B6 4F4D 85E4 1A734411C11C
BF919A54 2F8C 4920 8590 F3B995E95D32
Ignignokt

Ignignokt

May I suggest Coco for the next run? Soil is actually more difficult for some folks. If you really want to push nutrients and do that whole guiding the boat thing - Coco is your medium. Soil (because complexity) requires patience and that green thumb touch - a sense of how that dance works. Most potting soil is hot out of the bag - for showy flowers you buy at a garden center. You almost have to wait to see deficiency to start any supplements because you can't guess what is or isn't already there. More isn't better, and some strains will not tolerate a hot soil.

Wolfe

Wolfe

It cost me ten dollars in nutrients to grow a pound. It’s so easy I hardly ever follow a recipe and pretty much just throw stuff in there and I’m like that looks good.
My first runs were coco and they cost 100 times as much using bottled nutes. Just sayin. Most expensive weed I ever grew was in Coco. Have to pour money on it literally throughout the grow. I know a lot of people are fans of that stuff. But not me.
May I suggest Coco for the next run? Soil is actually more difficult for some folks. If you really want to push nutrients and do that whole guiding the boat thing - Coco is your medium. Soil (because complexity) requires patience and that green thumb touch - a sense of how that dance works. Most potting soil is hot out of the bag - for showy flowers you buy at a garden center. You almost have to wait to see deficiency to start any supplements because you can't guess what is or isn't already there. More isn't better, and some strains will not tolerate a hot soil.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Coco was way more labor intensive than any soil mix from my experience.
I mix my nutrients one time and I’m done. Coco has zero nutrients so you have to mix every feeding. Ph everything yata yata yata. I don’t even use a ph meter any more ppm meter? Don’t need it. I’m telling you mixing your own soil is ten times easier than dealing with coco from my experience. I’ve laid out the laziest way to grow. I just sit on my ass all summer. Hauling buckets. Yeah right.
Mixing nutes every watering . Don’t need to. I can go on vacation and my plants grow themselves. As you can see from the pics it’s fire. I’ll take the Pepsi challenge with any dispensary in Denver.

Wolfe

Wolfe

And my plants are small this time of year for a reason if you’re wondering. I don’t need them 12 feet high like last year. I’ve been pinching and trying to slow them down. Each one has been topped recently also. Every year is basically a different soil mix and I’m just guessing a basic NPK ratio. NPK and the plant pulls what it wants when it wants. Any deficiencies. A basic NPK mix on topsoil will help you finish.
Hydro. You get into problems with having to have good clean water and maintain a healthy root system. I’ve for sure done each one fairly extensively with over 6k watts of power. Indoor and out. When I did coco I soaked the coco and had to get rid of any nasties. And then you have to make sure you give it the right amount of nutes through the grow. Coco can grow good cannabis it just cost way more for me to do it that way and it’s not really necessary for me to do. To each their own through. I was using it and hydro for a few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ina
Wolfe

Wolfe

Was just reading some people use hay covering the top to keep the soil and roots cooler... idk might help..

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Easy answer: soil ( too hot for small plants)
And she is drowned; too much water. Some very sound advice in this thread.
Personally I cut that soil with basement mix (basically coco/perlite) 50-50
I start clones in solo cups , in of all things miracle grow amendment or soil conditioner; it’s basically and very porous and light compost. And for small rooted clones it’s enough to get it going fast, root development is fast. Just water when needed, in my case once a week for about a month. Once I see roots poking out the bottom and she dries within 2 days of water, I transplant to the next gal size. This time in fox farm with basement mix. I start veg, 3 weeks till I see her root bounding, I check this via tilting the plant supported with one hand and see if she slides out as a mass. If not I continue to veg in gal container. No nutes yet but I do start a calmag every water, I also start humic acid.
Once she is about bound I will then transplant to final container size with same mix and wait 2 weeks before I start any nute regiment, and start slow, 1/4 dose and work it up, in about a month of that I’m at about full strength. This is when i decide if she is going outdoors or indoor for flip to flower. Outdoor will be full season so I feed her weekly, indoor about 2x a week at 1/2 dose each time. All depends on how she is progressing.
TLDR version:
Too wet, and over fed

Top Bottom