Something burning??....

• Thread starter BeenBurned
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Well, another summer of fires and destruction...or is it cleanup, renewal and a fresh start.
Either way you look at it it effects many. While the health of our forests seem to depend on an occasional good burning there is nothing good about loosing everything one owns.
Has anyone on the farm been evac'ed...had to run, or just have pics or a story?
Fortunately it is just smokey here...so far.
Something burning

Sure makes for some awesome sunsets!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
You Okay? Ya washington is on fire...hate to see all the animals that are affected by fires... usually man made.. take care ..maybe should change your name ;):( M

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Ironic screen name,lol.Ive been told to mandatory evac a few times but i never leave,I have to admit though i dont live in the forest,more of a scruboak/juniper area and i built my house to resist fire,stucco,no exposed wood or eaves,good clearance etc.Listen to the firefighters,they are badasses and wont steer you wrong,be safe!

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

You Okay? Ya washington is on fire...hate to see all the animals that are affected by fires... usually man made.. take care ..maybe should change your name ;):( M

Lol... I tried. Mine was human error too...a propane installers mistake.

Yes the animals are always my first thought! Both wild and domesticated...I see people evac'ed leaving their horses n shit...WTeffingF??
My shit is ready...water trailer and 977K ready to make a line, truck n trailer ready to load and fire dist. on speed dial. Perpetration/training is all u got when the shite hits the fan.

Ironic screen name,lol.Ive been told to mandatory evac a few times but i never leave,I have to admit though i dont live in the forest,more of a scruboak/juniper area and i built my house to resist fire,stucco,no exposed wood or eaves,good clearance etc.Listen to the firefighters,they are badasses and wont steer you wrong,be safe!
Ditto...Steel building and buffer zone!

auldone

auldone

Yeah we have a friend who just bought a place back in March... Lost everything... :(

Stay Safe...

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
That close. Can't imagine. My thoughts are with ya. Take care. M

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How horrible! I'm so sorry to read this.
Lol... I tried. Mine was human error too...a propane installers mistake.

Yes the animals are always my first thought! Both wild and domesticated...I see people evac'ed leaving their horses n shit...WTeffingF??
My shit is ready...water trailer and 977K ready to make a line, truck n trailer ready to load and fire dist. on speed dial. Perpetration/training is all u got when the shite hits the fan.

Ditto...Steel building and buffer zone!
Yes, I've had to evacuate and back then we had a barn and corral full of horses, including a new foal. Only had a 2-horse trailer and the two roads out were PACKED with fucking looky-loos! I ended up driving one pair of horses out, then had to hand walk the rest out.

I've had other occasions to be far too up close and personal with a true conflagration and I hope to NEVER EVER be in such a position again. EVER.

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Good here, U? I got one 20 miles away or so but the boys got a handle onit.
I feel for those in the Methow. I have done a lot of work in that valley and met many a cool old Hippy. Dead of winter or middle of summer the place is beautiful. Rugged ass terrain is a killer to fight fire in tho... 30mile fire a few years ago.
Seen that dude in Pateros Just Friggen moved in only to, well u kno. At least he's able to sift thru the ashes and b philosophical...things could always b worse!
I was hoping peeps would have some good pics to post but I guess when shits that close other things take precedence. Lol

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Good here, U? I got one 20 miles away or so but the boys got a handle onit.
I feel for those in the Methow. I have done a lot of work in that valley and met many a cool old Hippy. Dead of winter or middle of summer the place is beautiful. Rugged ass terrain is a killer to fight fire in tho... 30mile fire a few years ago.
Seen that dude in Pateros Just Friggen moved in only to, well u kno. At least he's able to sift thru the ashes and b philosophical...things could always b worse!
I was hoping peeps would have some good pics to post but I guess when shits that close other things take precedence. Lol
Yes he was on. News. And glad your not where that was always watch PNW news channel it of Washington news. Take care

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Got some rain coming thru today.
U know when they stop using acres to describe size and start using square miles it has gotten serious...hundreds of square miles!

The problem is people. Fire is good for the health of the forest!!
Too bad we get in the way.

Top Bottom