SOMETHING I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYONE DO BEFORE... This is probably a REALLY dumb question....

• Thread starter iLoveCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iLoveCannabis

What would happen if someone removed ALL of the branches except for one?

In my perfect world, It would become a super-huge cola because all of the food went straight to one main stalk.....
.... but in reality it would probably just kill the plant, right?

Ok, I'll just let myself out now...
🚶

Ponky

Ponky

No. You can strip everything and leave just a cola. If you had unlimited plant count and only limited finishing light. You could do it. Leaving just leaves. These plants get eaten by animals and still survive. They can handle insane abuse. Like being discarded on the trim pile . But access to water and sunlight regenerates the stump and larth. And bam. Able to bring it inside. And mother out clones. Just cuz it was a champ.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I’m pretty sure you would be shooting yourself in the foot. Seems like your main stalk would be very small and would limit the size of your single cola.

I do not believe you would get the same amount of bud mass you would have gotten normally in that single bud. Not even close. You would just create a runt.

Ponky

Ponky

Yeah if you want to grow singles you need one of those old rotogrows. Where you basically use cubes to flip clones after they root. But I have never heard good things about those. And feel like the pictures they use to sell them are staged.
Screenshot 20230108 042538 Chrome
Screenshot 20230108 042622 Chrome

Seems impossible. Looks like a staged pic. But maybe I'm wrong.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

In my perfect world, It would become a super-huge cola because all of the food went straight to one main stalk.....

🚶
That's basically what a SOG is without the leaf stripping.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah if you want to grow singles you need one of those old rotogrows. Where you basically use cubes to flip clones after they root. But I have never heard good things about those. And feel like the pictures they use to sell them are staged.
View attachment 1317855View attachment 1317856

i’ll wait till they upgrade the machine to dry and cure and trim bud and collect the keif for cleaning than press it into a chunk of hash for me, hahaha

Ponky

Ponky

i’ll wait till they upgrade the machine to dry and cure and trim bud and collect the keif for cleaning than press it into a chunk of hash for me, hahaha
Comes with a guy that knows some buddies that will take it all.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
View attachment 1317855View attachment 1317856

Look at that stuffed suit. This guy comes at you, hide your wallet.......

How old is this? If there was something great about this method it would be adopted. From a physics standpoint it's certainly interesting. I wonder how much cost is involved......

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter

🚶
It's an interesting question. It might be a little silly, but not so much. Anything that allows us to ponder how plants grow and how we can do things to get various results is worth discussing. You waste no energy, seeds, clones, soil......discussing ideas....

So trying to picture what you're talking about, the first thing I'd want to know is, what kind of strain are we using? A pure Indica that tends to grow one main central stem? Or a lanky Sativa that branches out all over like a tree......each variety is going to react differently to pruning all the branches except the main one.....

You'd have to do it rather slowly, carefully.......not hack the thing up while it's too young. We don't want to shock or harm the plant, we want to leave enough leaves to keep the plant growing, no long, stunted pauses waiting for it to recover from getting hacked. We'd need extra time to shape it, and it would need enough leaves left around the main stem to be able to flower well. If it's a branchy variety, we'd need to cut the tops of the branches so growth stays close to the main stem, but again, slowly, carefully......you may need to double your growing time....

If you had patience, pruned/trimmed slowly and carefully, I'd think you could do it with any variety, without killing it. Of course, there would still be a difference between how an Indica finishes and a Sativa, but you could definitely shape plants into one large cola. Would it be efficient? Probably not time-wise. But if the goal was to grow many of them, nearly crowded together (but not too crowded)......that could be interesting. Imagine being able to fit 25 of these in say, a 5' x 5' space. Instead of 9 branched. If you did it right, and each plant got what it needed, could you harvest 25 large, fat, long colas?

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

Look at that stuffed suit. This guy comes at you, hide your wallet.......

How old is this? If there was something great about this method it would be adopted. From a physics standpoint it's certainly interesting. I wonder how much cost is involved......
I first saw one early 2000s. You buy it. Hate it. Sell it.

Top Bottom