Something Went Terribly Wrong

• Thread starter Arrrora
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Op, I only mentioned PPE and skunkfarm as you mentioned a hard time holding the freezing cold tube

Precautions are always needed when doing anytbing. Iron is flammable as well. YouTube vid of another asshat raping iso on a gas stove. It flashed and set fire.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I gave up on iso after every time it just came out powder lol

Arrrora

Arrrora

I have a shed that is sparkles everything. I make sure to be extra safe. I'm not a fan of exploding.

@tinderthumbs my return pump has a moisture filter. It's basically silagel.. that pack you see in jerky that you shouldnt eat. I have yet to change it.

I just realized that I took apart all my equipment before I ran the shark and m39. I have a butane detector and saw no leaks. Maybe that could have done something?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I have a shed that is sparkles everything. I make sure to be extra safe. I'm not a fan of exploding.

@tinderthumbs my return pump has a moisture filter. It's basically silagel.. that pack you see in jerky that you shouldnt eat. I have yet to change it.

I just realized that I took apart all my equipment before I ran the shark and m39. I have a butane detector and saw no leaks. Maybe that could have done something?
lots of moveing parts

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I don't see that ever happening if you freeze your material before blasting.

Arrrora

Arrrora

K. I have a stainless steel closed loop extractor. Terpinator mk 4c. Butane comes out my tank and goes up the 5 lbs tube, comes down the cord into the chamber that sits in hot water, gets pumped out, goes through a coil that sits in ice water and back into the butane tank. I do this 3 times and pull the dump at the last run. I take everything apart and release extra butane. The full chamber goes to my oven room where the humidity is monitored. The bowl gets taken off the chamber and I pour it in to the parchment paper trays and it goes in to the oven normally between 96 and 105 depending on the strain. And then I vacuum it. Leave it for some hours, flip it a few times and take it out after 15-24 hours depending on how it looks. It wasnt until these 2 last runs that I ran into this problem and I have done many runs before this.

gumby420

gumby420

oven temps are too high, i struggled with autobuddering for 2 years before i finally dropped my temps enough to stop it.

Arrrora

Arrrora

@gumby420 what do you put your temps at? Ive read so much about temps that nothing makes sense anymore. There's people that go to 120 and swear by it and then people say never go over 110... There's so much misinformation out there.

fatawa

fatawa

There's people that go to 120 and swear by it and then people say never go over 110... There's so much misinformation out there.
welcome to the world of mj.lol.tons of misimformation...u said u did 3 differnt strains,mayb do those n 3 seperate setting testing heat yurself,c what wrks for u.if there was one full proof method then there wud only b 1 recipe out there

Arrrora

Arrrora

@fatawa I truly believe it's the moisture filter in my pump. I have done many runs and haven't changed it. Jolly rancher had a spot on it that I just broke off. I did the shark after and it was really bad... And then m39 that has spots in it. I did m39 last week and I actually cranked the temp up to 120 because this stuff is harder than grandma's purse candy. This time I only had it at 105.

fatawa

fatawa

I truly believe it's the moisture filter in my pump
sounds very possible.idw to giv u any misimformation my self,as shatter is not my strong suit.from the pic id say you r probably right.good luck on yur path to dial n yur method.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@Graywolf
He may be able to shed some more light on this.

Arrrora

Arrrora

I also want to put it out there. The mushy looking part is hard. It crumbles if I snap it.

gumby420

gumby420

i purge around 90-95 for 4-5 days. sometimes even lower for longer. and everything comes out stable. last round of residuals one tested at 37 ppm and one tested at 102 ppm. so low and slow definitely seems to work.

Top Bottom