soooo damn easy

• Thread starter blingisgreen23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blingisgreen23

a buddy of mine just told me to get all auto flowering plants..he said that a auto-flower plant will flower even if on 24 hour light...is this correct???..he also said they are super easy for hydro...is this correct?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First question, yes, they'll flower no matter what the photoperiod is. Second question, I don't know.

convex

convex

If it is a true auto, it will bloom under 24 hour light - They have their advantages in short season latitudes ...

Some things to consider:

Because they are auto's, they are essentially 'put and take' plants - keeping a mother is near impossible - must pop new seeds each run.

Most I see advertised are 90 to 120 days start to finish.

However, there are many non autos that are ready in 50 days or less of bloom, add 30 days of veg and you still have a plant that is done in under 100 days AND you can keep a mother for future cuts.

Not denigrating auto's, as I said they have advantages in the right clime, but non-autos can produce in the same period with a larger selection of strains available.

Cheers

S

smokestack23

Yup. Listen to convex. Autos are great for short outdoor growing seasons but they don't yield anywhere near "normal" strains do. I'm sure there have been advancements but..yeah.

As he also said..you can't keep a mother of them either because they just flower.
The flowering cycle of a "normal" plant is around 60 days. Much less than the 90 autos take. Once you have a mother and a small veg room, the veg time is inconclusive since you veg while your other plants are flowering.

Oh and...why do you want to run lights for 24 hours? Do you get free electricity? Your plants will "sleep" anyway so giving them 24hours of light is kind of a waste of money...and resources.

Latest posts

Top Bottom