SOS - Possible Mold

• Thread starter Fatasstrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fatasstrex

Fatasstrex

Hello, I’m having a very urgent issue. I’ve been working very hard on my first grow and today I noticed something in the middle of one of the colas and I think it may be mold! I have attached some pictures. How can I fix this issue. Do you think I should harvest early? Do you think I should chop off this cola? The humidity isn’t high and there’s a fan blowing over the canopy. Is this bud salvageable at all? It would seriously break my heart to have to throw it away

Sos   possible mold
Sos   possible mold 2
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hello, I’m having a very urgent issue. I’ve been working very hard on my first grow and today I noticed something in the middle of one of the colas and I think it may be mold! I have attached some pictures. How can I fix this issue. Do you think I should harvest early? Do you think I should chop off this cola? The humidity isn’t high and there’s a fan blowing over the canopy. Is this bud salvageable at all? It would seriously break my heart to have to throw it away
It dose look like the start of Botrytis if you can with clean cutters and rubber gloves turn fans off the spores are air born cut the area away from the stem of plant it a system disease if you can gently remove all the infected ares using a spare glove as trash bin cut put in the glove put the glove with infected plant material in bin wash hands . Maybe slow up on the feeds the plant is starting to make to much sugars and maybe you climate control hasn’t been doing it thing . You have caught it in its infant stage as the now and it might be ok only miner los of buds .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, looks like budrot. Pull on that little fuzzy leaf, itll likely pull out easily.

Sadly plants infected with botrytis can have it spread systemically throughout the plant and eventually affect all the buds. So if you see it, it's best to remove those buds asap.

I feel the heartbreak man. I've lost garbage bags of weed to it over the years, mostly on outdoor crops though.

Edit; What one drop said lol.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yeah, looks like budrot. Pull on that little fuzzy leaf, itll likely pull out easily.

Sadly plants infected with botrytis can have it spread systemically throughout the plant and eventually affect all the buds. So if you see it, it's best to remove those buds asap.

I feel the heartbreak man. I've lost garbage bags of weed to it over the years, mostly on outdoor crops though.

Edit; What one drop said lol.
Yes I’ve walked away form 300 in a bush grow all skunk all punked by the dreaded Noble Rot .......

Fatasstrex

Fatasstrex

If i chop and hang to dry, will the mold still spread and grow?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yes I can it’s better to cut the small amount out now than loosing it all and infecting other plants in your grow room it is air born .
I kept a small torch in my room for a while when we had issues with PM and budrot. If I saw any I'd torch it in place before even removing it.

Fatasstrex

Fatasstrex

I kept a small torch in my room for a while when we had issues with PM and budrot. If I saw any I'd torch it in place before even removing it.
what do you mean by torch it? I have a couple of butane torches (for dabs/concentrates) but wouldnt they catch the whole plant on fire?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
what do you mean by torch it? I have a couple of butane torches (for dabs/concentrates) but wouldnt they catch the whole plant on fire?
I think that is what he means could be risky but send him a PM get his ideas I’m sure he will explained more .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol just that, I torch the buds with budrot or leaves with PM before removing them. With a butane torch like you use for a dab rig.

And if you can make a green plant catch fire, hats off to you. It will burn what you torch. That's it.

Maybe not the best method to recommend on an internet forum lol, but that's what we did. Just to kill the spores before cutting the buds or leaves off so they didnt blow spores around and spread.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yes I’ve walked away form 300 in a bush grow all skunk all punked by the dreaded Noble Rot .......

Same. Never lost it all, but a lot... One year I had a bunch of Durban outdoors that were half pound plants. Overnight, almost every bud went rotten.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Same. Never lost it all, but a lot... One year I had a bunch of Durban outdoors that were half pound plants. Overnight, almost every bud went rotten.
Ouch ...... 😭

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Lol just that, I torch the buds with budrot or leaves with PM before removing them. With a butane torch like you use for a dab rig.

And if you can make a green plant catch fire, hats off to you. It will burn what you torch. That's it.

Maybe not the best method to recommend on an internet forum lol, but that's what we did. Just to kill the spores before cutting the buds or leaves off so they didnt blow spores around and spread.
I like that idea I’m just coming into winter down here so I’ll keep my ppm down as I get to the 6 7 8 th week stage help the plant by not overloading the carbs ....

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I like that idea I’m just coming into winter down here so I’ll keep my ppm down as I get to the 6 7 8 th week stage help the plant by not overloading the carbs ....

It makes me feel a lot more confident handling infected tissue without feeling like I'm spreading spores all over the place.
A handful of burnt leaves and buds is way less contagious than a handful of live ones.

Top Bottom