Sos!sos!new Dwc Grower Needs Root Rot Advice.

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

Hey guys,im running a few goji og from seeds in DWC and im having some problems in the form of root rot.i had the goji og in 3" net pots in solo cups with the plastic tubing for the air line running through the clay balls and out bottom of the net pots.every pop had a line and its own small airstone.because i struggled keeping the ph right in the small cups i cut a few holes in a tote that im not sure the size of but its over 2gallons anway but 2/3 days after being put into the tote i got to my grow room(id been out for two days)and found my plants looking very sorry gor themselves.i couldnt work out how it happene as it had two pumps pumping loads of oxygen evenly through out.the only thing that occured to me was,the plastic air lines were running through the root zone and it had got a bit slimy around the water level,i think that transfered onto the roots.i removed the plants cleaned the tote right out and added another double oulet pump giving me a total of two double pumps amd one single,changed the water obviously and put em back in.i dont hav any of the h202 stuff you can put in your rez.im wondering if i should have cut away all the rooten roots to giv new ones a chance?i really dont want to stress these last five goji,s too much as the firdt ones i ran were all male and these are my last ones and iv GOT TO get at least one female or i,ll be extremely dissapointed.so should i remove the rotten roots?any other advice?iv been keeping the waterlevel mooe or less touching the bottom of the net pots,is that right?any advice would be really appreciated thanks.heres a few pics of the roots and leaves of the goji.
Sossosnew dwc grower needs root rot advice
Sossosnew dwc grower needs root rot advice 2
Sossosnew dwc grower needs root rot advice 3
Sossosnew dwc grower needs root rot advice 5
Sossosnew dwc grower needs root rot advice 4
You can clearly see the leaves arnt in great shape and the roots look terrible.these are the worst affected.pleas help!

sixstring

sixstring

ok i found ya :) what nutes are you running in the res and what kind of res temps do ya have?you can get h2o2 from anyplace like meijer or walmart,its just peroxcide/but those types will be weaker than stuff found at the hydro store.theres other stuff these hydro guys use but i cant think of the damn name right now.are you using tap water? sounds like you have a shitload of air bubbles,too much movement in the res can be harmfull also.good bubbles are a plus but dont over do it lol.and sometimes using all those airpumps on one res will tend to make it warmer because the pumps get warm and then blow warm air through the airstones.if nothing else keep your res clean and changed and maybe go buy some distilled water if your tap is somewhat dirty.

F

FooDoo

Never run dwc without a water chiller.

Give coco a shot if you're not looking to drop some dime

O

Okdogg

Look up Heisenbergs( sp?) cure for root rot. Its a compost tea using earthworm castings and a few other things. It works well

Tnelz

Tnelz

Brother it's easy. Get somy hydro guard and u should be ok. I've run dwc with temps in the mid to high 70s iny res. realize it's not ideal u def want to keep ur temps as low as u can. Hydro guard at double the suggested dose should clear that right up. Good luck.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Did you sanitize the new digs for them before the move? Is PH in check? Actually the roots in the picture look pretty healthy... just looks like you are feeding slightly to heavy. I would try to rinse off the roots as much as possible...maybe with a kitchen sprayer...reset rezzy...take 25% off feed...and see where you are at...

Air was not your issue...I agree with six on the air issue. I don't think you need a chiller...It could be the temp of the rezzy...but this only comes into play if your rezzy is reaching over 80 consistently...and the combo of over nuting. Are you a sterile nute or organic nute user?

I am not sure what feed you are using...or what strength...so this is a guess at best...without more info...

Keep it Green!

H

happy b

Cheers everyone for the advice.it all comes in useful.i cleaned everything out with bleach and ran the roots under my shower head.ther was loads of wee bits o black stuff coming off.i dunno what or how but i think somethings got into the res mixture.just kept rinsing the roots and changing the water every three days.roots are looking alot better though the plants are gonna need time to recover.so thanks everyone,in particular sixstring and freshstarts for great advice.thanks,this truely is a great community.

V

vek11

Roots aren't your issue from what I see here, my concern is the rate or strength of the solution seems to be a little too high. Generally all deficiencies begin at the root zone so my advice would be to back off of the soup strength and maintain proper pH and temp levels and you will be golden.

H

happy b

Roots aren't your issue from what I see here, my concern is the rate or strength of the solution seems to be a little too high. Generally all deficiencies begin at the root zone so my advice would be to back off of the soup strength and maintain proper pH and temp levels and you will be golden.
Yeah vek11 iv been giving em advanced nutrients at two and a half ml per litre which is just over half strength at ph 5.6/7.my problem is the micro.i hav to be honest i dont hav a clue about micro.can it burn your plants like the grow and bloom?im assuming it can.the plants were fine wen they wer in the solo cups with an air line each but coz theres only a small amount of nutrient solution in each cup the ph was fluctuating wildly and i was trying not to put em through ANY stress as they wer seedlings.it wasnt untill i transplanted em into a diy bubbling tote that it went pair shaped.i dont think it was any one thing.organics hav always been my thing but im thinking about giving coco a go.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Having run DWC from small no chiller to huge set ups...

Run beneficials!!! It's cheap, easy, prevents rot, and the plants LOVE it.

Get a bag of ogbiowar root, a bag of ancient forest, and some molasses.

But a PPM meter so you can test the strength of your solution. You should be around 300-400 ppm (700 conversion) for those plants

And oh yeah..not to start some
Kind of nutrient choice war..but AN are waaaay waaay waaay overpriced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom