SOS: Yellowing leaves

• Thread starter Holographic_spew
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

Hey Fam ❤️
I'm growing Durban poison, the plants are about 4 months old and everything has been going real well so far but about a week ago I changed my setup so I could get ready to put them into flower, the only changes I made were re lining my grow space with foiled walls and I switched out the multiple lights I had for one 300w Mars hydro grow light.

What could be causing my plants to yellow like this ?!?!

Note I haven't changed Thier feeding at all

Sos yellowing leaves
Sos yellowing leaves 2
Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

Hey Fam ❤
I'm growing Durban poison, the plants are about 4 months old and everything has been going real well so far but about a week ago I changed my setup so I could get ready to put them into flower, the only changes I made were re lining my grow space with foiled walls and I switched out the multiple lights I had for one 300w Mars hydro grow light.

What could be causing my plants to yellow like this ?!?!

Note I haven't changed Thier feeding at all
Could my light be too strong ? I have them on 24 hour light should I cut it down with the stronger light and do 18hrs on 6 off ?

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

Looks like they may be locked out from nute buildup. Have you tested the runoff ppm?
No I don't have anything to test it with but my water pH has been at 6.0 the whole time, I'm feeding them every 3-4 weeks a half strength solution of powerfeed(seaweed concerntrate). I did use go go juice (soil tonic) on top of my last feed could that have been too much for them ? Causing the lockout
Also I'll work on getting something to test ppm :)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
No I don't have anything to test it with but my water pH has been at 6.0 the whole time, I'm feeding them every 3-4 weeks a half strength solution of powerfeed(seaweed concerntrate). I did use go go juice (soil tonic) on top of my last feed could that have been too much for them ? Causing the lockout
That being the case they could be hungry.. what are they in, promix?

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

That being the case they could be hungry.. what are they in, promix?
They are in a mix of soil, perlite and a lil sand, I do have trace elements and potash but I'm to scared to use them, how often should I be feeding them and should I use a weaker dosage than state on the fert bottle ?
Thanks so much for your advice also :)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
They are in a mix of soil, perlite and a lil sand, I do have trace elements and potash but I'm to scared to use them, how often should I be feeding them and should I use a weaker dosage than state on the fert bottle ?
Thanks so much for your advice also :)
yes weaker, probably half strength..
what nutes you have? i’ll go back and re read in case you’ve mentioned it.
looks like overwatering too..
just my too cents..
google your issues than search images.. research!
than come here and ask if you are right, the quickest way to learn correctly..

Madbud

Madbud

Looks like a lockout meaning the roots are dieing. If it were mine, i would pull it out of that pot, check the roots and add more soil to the bottom. At least cut some holes in the pot to increase aeration.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
just my too cents..
looks like lots of wood chips in soil?
that’s not good.
looks soaked?
@Madbud gave good advice, just take your time be careful maybe find a video of someone removing plant from pot, as this will cause a bit of stress.

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

Im
just my too cents..
Using power feed it's a seaweed concerntrate and I gave them minimal trace elements at the start of March I also have some fish immulsion that I'm to scared to use , I thought I may be over watering so I cut it back but it' seems to be getting worse, I water once a week as of now.

Yeah I tried googling the fuck out of it and it only mentioned nitrogen deficiency, a lock out or to much light hahah and I'm hopeless so I came on here :)

I noticed the yellowing happening about 2 weeks ago and it happened really fast, these were the plants before the yellowing
And then there's a pic of them currently just for reference

IMG 20200402 095403
IMG 20200409 101231
Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

Could using the fish emulsion be the probelm? If it has a high salt content ?
That's the only change that I've made since I've started growing them and it coincides with the yellowing, sorry I'm panicking I don't wanna lose them 😭

mancorn

mancorn

1/2 strength fert every 3 weeks is super low. I'm going to guess your soil had little nutrients to start with. Look real hungry to me.

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

1/2 strength fert every 3 weeks is super low. I'm going to guess your soil had little nutrients to start with. Look real hungry to me.
Yeah it is very low I was scared I was going to burn them so wanted to play it on the safe side and yeah my soil had very little nutrients to start with.
I've moved my light further away, I flushed them a few days after the last feed as I noticed the yellowing incase I had over done it and I've held off watering until they dry out so I think my only other option is to try feeding them and giving them more soil

I really do appreciate you guys helping me out it means alot ❤️

mancorn

mancorn

Could using the fish emulsion be the probelm? If it has a high salt content ?
That's the only change that I've made since I've started growing them and it coincides with the yellowing, sorry I'm panicking I don't wanna lose them 😭
Fish emulsion is good stuff, but it will drop your ph way down. I actually use it specifically as a ph down. 1/4 tbs in 2 gallons drops my ph by a full point.

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

Fish emulsion is good stuff, but it will drop your ph way down. I actually use it specifically as a ph down. 1/4 tbs in 2 gallons drops my ph by a full point.
Would a drastic pH change shock them ? As I've been keeping the pH around 6.0

mancorn

mancorn

Yeah it is very low I was scared I was going to burn them so wanted to play it on the safe side and yeah my soil had very little nutrients to start with.
I've moved my light further away, I flushed them a few days after the last feed as I noticed the yellowing incase I had over done it and I've held off watering until they dry out so I think my only other option is to try feeding them and giving them more soil

I really do appreciate you guys helping me out it means alot ❤
If you flush with straight water you would have flushed any nutrients that were in the pot out. So you're probably have almost no nutrients. I would suggest a basic General Hydroponics or Earth Juice and use on the majority of your waterings.

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

If you flush with straight water you would have flushed any nutrients that were in the pot out. So you're probably have almost no nutrients. I would suggest a basic General Hydroponics or Earth Juice and use on the majority of your waterings.
Yeah I know, I only flushed due to thinking I had fed them too much, I freaked out 😅
How much should I use when I'm adding it to the waterings ?
I'll post a pic of all the ferts I have rn if it makes any difference lol

IMG 20200409 105622
mancorn

mancorn

Would a drastic pH change shock them ? As I've been keeping the pH around 6.0
Yes, the ph scale is x10 per point. So 5 is ten times lower then 6. I'm personally not a big ph crusader and think beginner soil growers shouldn't get too caught up. It's not nonsense, but not as important as those growing in hydro or coco. But you do appear to be growing in a woody medium which can be acidic and really play havoc with your ph. A slurry test of your soil would certainly help.

Last edited:
mancorn

mancorn

Yeah I know, I only flushed due to thinking I had fed them too much, I freaked out 😅
How much should I use when I'm adding it to the waterings ?
I'll post a pic of all the ferts I have rn if it makes any difference lol
Well, we're on different sides of the planet so not familiar with your nutrients. From what I can tell I would go with the Power Feed at full strength. Looks like a 12-1-7. Looks Like the GoGo juice isn't really a fertilizer. It's microorganisms, which are certainly beneficial, but almost worthless in your case. Unless you have a good soil, the microorganisms are just going to rapidly die. (This is a fairly complicated discussion, and definitely worth exlopring, but will not help your situation at this point.) No on the potash. Trace elements is OK, but they're "trace", meaning your plant needs them, but in very small amounts. So once again it's not going to really make a huge difference.

mancorn

mancorn

How do you know your water pH without a means to test? if you're using distilled water, it has zero buffering (the ability to keep ph from wild swings) and no minerals (which for the most part are actually beneficial for your plants). Normally you want to test your pH AFTER you add the nutrients (as these can drastically change the pH). What is your water source?

Top Bottom