sound proofing a room with in a room ??

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

what up ? So heres the deal im working on a new flowering room its about 2080 cf. Im building a room within the room so i can some how sound proof it the best way i can. I was thinking about throwing up a basic frame with about a six inch gap between the wall that is all ready there and then hanging insultion. get what im saying here? a room within a room . will this help reduce noise at all??? i will be running about six inlinefans 4 six inch inlines 1 8inline and a 4inch inline fan the four six inch inlines will be running all night cooling lights. any help on this would be great thanks for the hand

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

That is exactly my setup. I built a room within a room in my garage for the same reason. I also did it cus I have neighbors about 10' from my garage. You cannot hear a thing outside at all. I did insulate the garage and the grow room very well. Make sure your fans are kept in the grow room.
It is important to have space around the room like you mentioned. Sound will buffer if there is space between the walls. Also adding insulation like you mentioned will help. One more thing I did was use Sound Boad to help deaden the sound.
But if I was to do it all over again I wuold of bought a tent big as my room and it would of been cheaper. It cost quite a bit to build my room the correct way. I would expect to pay around 1k-2500k depending on how much want to spend.

W

woody420

sweet good looking out. How many inlines fans u running bro? any ac in summer tanks nosie from pumps.

B

Bobby Smith

Agree with everything Smokey said; insulated room within a room in my garage, neighbors very close on one side, etc., etc.

Used 6" insulation and it's VERY quiet now (portable AC, four inlines, waterfalls, venturis, etc.) - if that's not enough you can always add the egg crate foam onto the interior which should basically make the room almost silent.

W

woody420

sweet brother had to double check this new house is way to close about 10-15 feet away from the foe lol

M

masterinstaller

I come from a Audio Video back round where soundproofing is a must you can check out this site http://www.soundproofingamerica.com/ You can spend a little or alot on this site. I have used the mass loaded vinyl behind all kinds of motors and fans with great results. In one application the customer had over 100k in antique clocks that hung on the exterior walls of a theater room. I used the loaded mass vinyl on top of the exsisting sheet rock on all the walls and ceiling and floor with Acoustical Caulk around the edges. Then another layer of sheet rock on top of that. needless to say I had the theater blairing at 100db with no noise or vibrations on the other side of the loaded mass vinyl.

St3ve

St3ve

a room within a room works well if done right. Think of sound like its water. If you leave cracks.. it will leak sound.

Luckily sound coming off the fans is pretty easy, as there is no bass really. Bass is the hardest.. Just frame up the room like you're planning and then drywall it up, tape it, and mud it. That alone will probably be enough to silence any fans or water movement. Just make sure to not have ANYTHING touching the inside room to the outside room. And also plan on suspending the fans with rubber or something to deaden the vibration.

J

JohnnyGrowSeeds

is it just a standard 6'' foam? or something special

W

woody420

good looking trout all u farmers. I will put all this info to damn good use. Keep it coming all of it is good

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

look at how recording studios and especially vocal booths are built. hockey pucks work great for floating a floor and preventing any noise vibration lots of poor man drum rooms around the world are sitting on hockey pucks lol..

Top Bottom