Sound Proofing Advice

• Thread starter Palmettoman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Palmettoman

Palmettoman

Sound proofing advice 2
Sound proofing advice
So I had to add a portable ac to my grow room since it’s beginning to get so hot. My grow room is hidden outside in my shop. I have insulation installed and 7/16 dry wall to cover it up. With the fan and all the lights running you really couldn’t hear anything from the outside. Well of course the ac unit is adding a bunch of noise. Planning on ordering a duct muffler today but am also gonna add another layer of 7/16 Sheetrock on the walls. Would it be a good idea to add sound proofing material like in the pictures between the drywall or to the outside or would it just be a waste of money? Thanks

Smerb

Smerb

I'd say you can't hear the pot growing but yes them gadgets are loud and can alert someone to yer stash. Spend your$ elsewhere.

D

DrDankPHD

View attachment 800561 View attachment 800560 So I had to add a portable ac to my grow room since it’s beginning to get so hot. My grow room is hidden outside in my shop. I have insulation installed and 7/16 dry wall to cover it up. With the fan and all the lights running you really couldn’t hear anything from the outside. Well of course the ac unit is adding a bunch of noise. Planning on ordering a duct muffler today but am also gonna add another layer of 7/16 Sheetrock on the walls. Would it be a good idea to add sound proofing material like in the pictures between the drywall or to the outside or would it just be a waste of money? Thanks

If you want what the pros use DM me. I can get u prefab panels. Metal and foam core completely waterproof and rot proof.

Lifetime warranty by the manfacturer.
White NOn VOC powder coat. So if u like bleaching ur room after each run. These can take it.

Typically we don't stick build anymore. Drywall can rot. And then usually got panda film over it.

D

DrDankPHD

Forgot to mention. The foam inside acts sound proofing. Depends on thickness.

I gonna use it to custom enclose my generator. Town has dB limits.

Plastic was unsafe I rather not burn my place down

Top Bottom