Sour Bubble and Sour Grape Crosses

• Thread starter greenpharmd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Max Frost

Max Frost

Actually I thought we kept fans going at night when temps cool and RH goes up to keep th leaves dry and prevent mold propagation. So I figure lower RH helps.

It's new info to me that once present dry conditions encourage it. Is that right?

Actually...I fully agree! I would ONLY go up on RH IF I was battling PM that had gotten established and I was certain that's what I was fighting! As a general rule of thumb, I keep my RH low and have LOTS of air circulation day and night for that very reason. I also really like that your fast maturing strains have less time to worry about mold setting in. I usually only have problems with mold with long-maturing strains.

And I should note here in complete disclosure...I'm not even positive about the higher RH being tuff on PM. I'm going strictly from memory on things I've read, and my memory on this is that it's correct! I've never even had pm to date (knock on wood)! So my comments should NOT be taken as gospel. I assusme anybody who has the problem tho, will do their own research and learn what they need to know.

Max Frost

Max Frost

:stop: Well, I got to thinking about this so decided to check it out and my memory is apparently incorrect on that one. :facepalm: All the info I'm finding says that PM loves cool humid conditions! Apparently dryer conditions DO NOT encourage it at ANY stage, but rather help prevent it! I don't know what I was thinking about, but the more I thought about it, the more it seemed wrong. Sorry!! :sorry: Best, -Max

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

Yes, it is cooling temperatures when light are off that causes humidity to rise. Don't let night temperatures fall more than ten degrees and have good fans blowing at all times. This helps keep leaves dry preventing the growth of PM.

The spores once in the room are the real problem.

clutch419

clutch419

Creating a acidic environment on the leaves will stop pm. Green cure is the best product out there for this job. Just spay every day for about a month and you should have it cured.
But most strains on of pm are systemic. So you might need to start again because it's a never ending battle if it is. Also change out sticks and start cleaning.
I went threw it last year it almost broke me as i could not get rid of it then i found out that if you reuse bamboo sticks you spread the problem all over

clutch419

clutch419

Yep ounce you have it you need to either replace pots or clean very well. And any cagessticks or things used to ssupport the plant needs to be replaced. Or you will keep spreading it. Also the use of felt pots will keep pm in them so they got to go also.

Max Frost

Max Frost

Prevention sure seems the better option!! Other than keeping temps from falling too far at night and keeping the RH in check, are there any other worthwhile precautions worth taking? What range do you guys run your RH at?

clutch419

clutch419

I do the kiss method. It's easy. As far as rh. It's either to much or to little. I won't spend the money on fancy shit that doesn't work. I either in crease exhaust and increase air coming in. But remember your intake air needs a good filter or you can catch bad things
As far as pm. Remember there are 3000 types of it 1/3 are systemic. Green cure 1 to 2. Times a week is good. Also a spraying of organize will also help plus it kills bugs

clutch419

clutch419

20140831 102049

clutch419

clutch419

Pm on a weed out side. Theses two girls are right next to this plant with pm. And they don't have it

clutch419

clutch419

Lavander mom I put out back.
Both of theses girls are next to plants with pm. And they show no signs. Of it. So not all pm is pot friendly

clutch419

clutch419

The biggest cause of pm on indoor grows is black mold that is the grow area. It can release a spore that acts like pm but you can kill it with green cure takes about a month.
so remember if u have black mold that's a bad thing amd idea to grow in

T

Trip8

I recommend clean clean clean and OG biowar. Many benefits besides but including pm. And yeah low RH is helpful.In my experience after growing and dealing with it in Washington and Oregon high RH and LOW temps are ideal for pm to thrive. Haven't seen a speck of it since moving to CA where the humidity is sometimes too low for plant health: 20-30%.

T

Trip8

Oh yeah and if you're garden isn't adequately lighted... Pm loves dark, cool, dank,moist crypt like conditions. In my experience anyway

clutch419

clutch419

Ok so fungus can grow on mold and certain other types of fungus.
fungus can grow on fungus
but mold can grow on fungus but mold doesn't grow on mold.
But hell break out the spray bottle ween every u think you have a problem
molds are different than fungus. You can kill a mold and molds don't become systemic.
Fungus will live on mold and become systemic. But mold looks like mold as is grows
sorry for the tongue twister

Last edited:
J

Jibman

Any info on Blueberry x Sour Bubble. Its coming from Washington.

Thx

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

Well I do have a blue kush that fits that description. It's Bluish and Kush like... ;)

Top Bottom