Sour d 8 weeks this coming Wednesday

• Thread starter Zelkova12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

4x8 gorilla grow lite tent. 2 1100w par pro bulbs. Ebb and flow home made.
lotus/and emerald harvest. Half and half. Just using up what I had and it works great together. And some sonic bloom

That's a nice setup, are they air cooled and what's the ventilation for the tent? Just curious because alot of people nowadays say it's too hot to run 1k hps lights in a tent, but obviously not for you, looks like your smashing it.

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

I have a portable ac on the corner. One 6” in carbon filter exhaust. One tower lasko fan and two squirrel fans one that is I take. Other just blows and a small ocilating fan. Lotta shit in there Temps on 1100 watt range from 80-84. Turn it down to 1000 per light it’s 76-79

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey z what's thecan filter doing on the plastic box ? Is there a inline fan inside the box and you are using the box to quiet down the fan ? Or is it just sitting on the box ?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

It's so nice to see good old reliable, high yielding NUKE EM HPS.
I stopped for the past few years to raise my kids. I come back to this forum, and the LED propaganda brainwashed everyone into growing dime sized (although pretty) bud..LED's will NEVER do what HPS has been doing forever

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

Hey z what's thecan filter doing on the plastic box ? Is there a inline fan inside the box and you are using the box to quiet down the fan ? Or is it just sitting on the box ?
No it’s just to raise it up a bit is all

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

It's so nice to see good old reliable, high yielding NUKE EM HPS.
I stopped for the past few years to raise my kids. I come back to this forum, and the LED propaganda brainwashed everyone into growing dime sized (although pretty) bud..LED's will NEVER do what HPS has been doing forever
I would love to jump into the led. But As I’m reading the rated hours on them at 53,000 hours for some of them that’s only like two or three years until they start to degrade him for the money I’m not convinced yet don’t get me wrong they yield better than they used to but is it still worth of money considering after three years you’ll be down to 75%

D

dspucch

Thats the filter resting on that plastic box.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Thats the filter resting on that plastic box.
Yea , I get it ... I was just thinking of ways to muffle my big inline fan and thought that would be a cool idea , I could put the fan in the box with insulation and intake thru the can and out the side of the plastic box , making my fan quieter ....
I thought that's what zel was doing

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I would love to jump into the led. But As I’m reading the rated hours on them at 53,000 hours for some of them that’s only like two or three years until they start to degrade him for the money I’m not convinced yet don’t get me wrong they yield better than they used to but is it still worth of money considering after three years you’ll be down to 75%
I probably shouldn't have said never, but not yet. As I left the game, there was a rediculous amount of bs comparisons, paid for by the LED companies.
When I 1st started using 1k HPS, I was paying $75-100 for a name brand bulb. Even if I only replace 25, that's still expensive (I replaced every 3-4 grows, even though no fall off in yield.
Anyway they made $23 bulbs (turned out in the same factory as the Lumas.) I did 12 tables with the cheap bulbs, and the rest with the $100 bulbs. I had no fall off in yield. From then in cheap bulbs for me :)
As for the LEDs, when, if they became affordable short, and long run, if I see someone out yield me using LEDs, then I'd think about it.
I just don't see how ya could fit more bud under a light than this, or this. I don't compare buds to lighters, i compare them to chairs lol. Ever seen an LED produce 6 ft coolas?
The giants were under 1ks, the middle (a 2+ lb 600 watt HPS, and my avatar was a small breeding project under a 250 in a coffee cup) These are older pics, but still have S1's I've made myself, and may as well be clones.
I've posted these before, but I'd like to see anyone gets these yields witg anything besides HPS. The one against the water jug was grown in a Hempy 100% pearlite, under a 250. Ya can see the cups against the wall. 12+ oz under 250 W HPS. Yes, I have elite genetics, but I'm sure there's an LED grower with elite as well.
Finally, I lost so many other pics years ago. My E Coast SD was a larger yielder than any of these, and 2 of my own crosses beat all.
Sorry, i wasn't trying to hijacked the thread, just proove a point
Aeggdiaf 1
20180330 000037
20180424 212046
87334 1

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I leave all my fan leaves. Besides the strain under the 600, trimming is way easier on the others.
I only have had conversations with a few newer members (since I've been back) Is anyone pulling anything like that with LEDs?
I'm not trying to be cocky. I'm just proud of my work.
A tip for the younger cats, try HPS, try Hempy, and when you get an elite cut, KEEP IT!
There should be no reason Thia Stick, and others are gone

Top Bottom