Sour Diesel Kush

• Thread starter Big Buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Hi all, I recntly found half a pack of these from the 06 release in the ole seed box. 5 of 5 are up and running, ill get some shots of them in a bit. But is was wondering if @Reeferman might be able to give a little info on this line as theres a limited amount out there about them. Right now they look very consistant aside from one weak plant, but are quite sativa, look just like destroyer in its early stages. Anyway, any interesting things to be told would be nice to hear.

usstoner

usstoner

Plants looking happy...from 06..should be some fire..

Reeferman

Reeferman

Looking great I have a new version of the Sour D kush , I have a different ECSD clone than I used to use , its directly from NYC via Montreal .
I released SD kush and than a SSSD haze x SD kush for a period of time .
I think yours look like the later version which I liked a bit more as I am a sativa fan .
It will be obvious very soon as your plants get a little larger , I really like the ECSD as far as clone only strains its a very lovely plant , the Chem family line is much like our BC Pink & King clone lines .
You should expect a longer flowering time of 10-11 weeks with a real diesel taste almost with a hazy background .
Expect a fair bit of stretch from the plants the , full on Sour D kush was certainly more indica leaning however we found using the SSSDH males really improved the strain a fair bit .
Its been a while since I grew out that version , I find when working with Diesel often the f-1 generation is where its at .
Charles

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Ah, thats good to know, ive done a few grows with sssdh in the mix so im a little used to that line. And now that you say that I can definitely see the resemblance.
Ya I had the ecsd for a long time, sadly I had to move and things went rather fucked up for a while, too sick to take care of things, blah blah blah sob story bullshit. Thats one im going to have to fenaigle again some day for sure.
as surprising as it is ive never touched any pink k or kings in all my years. In fact only smoked real pink once, had a room of 35 clone onlies from all over the world, never touched what was in my own backyard, lol. Well not those at least. Heres one for ya, have ya had the pleasure of trying the pochi(not poochie)? Its one to look out for but hoarded like a cunt, most amazing indie ive smoked, and being a sat guy as well, don't tend to like the pure ind that much, but damn.

SkunkDoctor

SkunkDoctor

I cant wait to see how these turned out. I grew both version's and liked the Indica version better. Charles actually used my picture to sell it. Sour Citrus Kush smell I'd say. It had a sour smell to it but different sour then true ECSD. If those end up being the first version I'd kill for a cut.. It was my first strain to ever purchase online and grow along with Mendo Purps, Pink Kush, and Lebanese Hashplant. I grew the next Sativa as well and it turned out ok I only grew 2 females from that pack and they were OK.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I cant waiee how these turned out. I grew both version's and liked the Indica version better. Charles actually used my picture to sell it. Sour Citrus Kush smell I'd say. It had a sour smell to it but different sour then true ECSD. If those end up being the first version I'd kill for a cut.. It was my first strain to ever purchase online and grow along with Mendo Purps, Pink Kush, and Lebanese Hashplant. I grew the next Sativa as well and it turned out ok I only grew 2 females from that pack and they were OK.
Not too bad for a first run my man. Ive had these for ages and forgot all about them. Starting to look like reef is right for sure though, looks damn sativa now.

nurlord

nurlord

I remember the Reeferman's Sour Diesel as it was originally called very well. I actually had an issue with the name and told Reef so many years ago back on his board. I thought a strain that was only 50% SD should have a different name as to me it appeared misleading to name strain the way Reef chose to. As always he responded to my concerns in a professional manner and mentioned that he though the fact it was called Reeferman's Sour Diesel would distinguish it from the clone or other companies' offerings. I still disagreed but ordered a pack anyway. I believe it was a 50% cross with Charles Kush.

In time the name of this cross would be changed to Sour Kush or maybe as stated on this thread Sour Diesel Kush. For whatever reason after the name change I remember it be called Sour Kush without the word Diesel in there.

In any event it was a great plant. Very sticky and had some nice colouring. If I remember right the buds were very light in colour. Which for whatever reason is what I remember most. The way the buds on my plant were not really green but a much lighter colour. Not dark green at all, more yellow in colour. Left alone they pretty much grew with a kush structure but with fatter buds.

Great taste as well as a very solid yielder. Just one of the many strains I felt never really got it's just recognition.

It's funny but I would have bet the farm Sour Diesel strains were going to take over the cannabis world but it seems its "sister" OG Kush and relatives managed that feat instead.

I also remember the SSSD x SD release though I never tried it.

Big Buddy you should be in for some great smoke when it's all said and done. Happy growing.

nur

Reeferman

Reeferman

Yes we did release the strain as Reeferman Sour D and Change the name to Sour D kush , only after a few months we never changed the name to Sour kush it was SD-Kush pretty much ever since , we had a particular clone we used to produce that line we simply lost it , we had been given a clone called SD from the Easy coast that simply was not we thought it was the same and could replace it we were not careful with it when we received our New ECSD it was good but not the same so when we tried to duplicate RM SDK it was different .
We received so so many customers praise for the strain we also got lots if bitching about it lol
It was a lovely plant , a big rez supporter grew them out side by side on ICmag and said it was lovely but kushy so on that thread we changed the name to SD kush .
That is the fact we have a killer true ECSD clone but its a different plant , the only way to get that the old like back is to germinate seeds find a great Pheno and make a s-1 or to line breed it from a f-1 .
The real issue is when you all try Sour Pink and my new version of Sour diesel kush I really don't think it will be a loss that matters to many .
What I have learned in the past 6 years being able to grow big numbers and just test everything is that not everything makes a vast improvement on a Elite two killer elites more often than not result in something not as good as either .
I also find that in many cases the f-1 generation is as good as it gets , so my job is often making many many micro breeding hybrids sometime a few on a single large plant and growing them out to find where the magic lies and than reproducing the magic to share with everyone .
The whole pink kush like has been interesting its one of the hardest plants to breed with and get anything even close to the clones potential .
It taught me a lot about parent selection and what plants and types of plants impart what into a given hybrid .
My biggest enjoyment lies in introducing landrace genetics and creating new Unique strains , that is what high times said to me last year in Holland they love what I throw down because its always unique from the pack .
I recently got 3 new strains directly from Pakistan again after the Northern region #1 I am working with I can hardly wait to try the 2 from Pakistan & 1 from Afghanistan that came in the new delivery .
If they are even close to the Jihadi line they will be insane .
Charles

Last edited:
Reeferman

Reeferman

Just Harvested my new Sour D Kush line today .
Have been working this line since 07-08 grew out tons of them at the research company .
I am confident the old sour D Kush will fade into a fond memory as the grow reports surface for SDK 2015
I am using a proven lab tested male that has already contributed to 2 cup wins
Charles

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Damn good thing thats on my list for my next order. These guys are very sativa now, not hard to see the ssh in there.1 in particular has a realli stron smell already. Hope they dont get too big before i have space.

H

happy b

Damn good thing thats on my list for my next order. These guys are very sativa now, not hard to see the ssh in there.1 in particular has a realli stron smell already. Hope they dont get too big before i have space.
Any pics of em buddy?

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Any pics of em buddy?
Bit late, but here ya go. So theres no doubt its the sssdh cross version, in fact i have to clone 3 off and use them in the second half of the room as they'll be way to big if i keep going with these. A couple will make it in with the first half that go. Don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, but trust me, it makes sense.
20151110 012926
20151110 012945
20151110 013008
20151110 013014
20151110 013043
20151110 013113
20151110 013145
20151110 013145
20151110 013151

Golden Tree

Golden Tree

Wow very nice brother!

Look VERY happy and healthy.....;)

Thanks for sharing friend...

Respects...be well

GT

H

happy b

Bit late, but here ya go. So theres no doubt its the sssdh cross version, in fact i have to clone 3 off and use them in the second half of the room as they'll be way to big if i keep going with these. A couple will make it in with the first half that go. Don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, but trust me, it makes sense.
View attachment 548714 View attachment 548715 View attachment 548716 View attachment 548718 View attachment 548720 View attachment 548721 View attachment 548723 View attachment 548724 View attachment 548725
I know what you mean.youv had to chop off the tops to control size on 3 of em and youv cloned the removed tops to use in the other half of the room,right?
The look really sativa.very nice buddy.

Reeferman

Reeferman

They look very sativa man ! Looks more like Neville x sour d .
Big buddy very excited to see how you make out with all the new goodies too your a busy beaver big buddy , I bet your winter stash is good this year .
I will keep my eyes on those ultra healthy looking ladies
Warm regards
Charles

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I know what you mean.youv had to chop off the tops to control size on 3 of em and youv cloned the removed tops to use in the other half of the room,right?
The look really sativa.very nice buddy.
Almost, i have to clone the 3 very sativas and run the cuts instead when the long hazes are done, otherwise they'll bust through the upstairs floor. So 3 are gonna be a little delayed, but not too long.
They look very sativa man ! Looks more like Neville x sour d .
Big buddy very excited to see how you make out with all the new goodies too your a busy beaver big buddy , I bet your winter stash is good this year .
I will keep my eyes on those ultra healthy looking ladies
Warm regards
Charles
They are very nevils like indeed man, actually have mango haze in the flower room right now, and these are even more slender than those.
And ya, its gonna be hard to decide what to run, i know harmony, larry x hp, spk, and pink kush are not gonna sit in the box too long. By the way, is it larry og x hp or lemon larry og x hp?

Top Bottom