Sour kush seedlings wilting & yellowing in hydro! Help! (Pics)

• Thread starter Billz401
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Billz401

Aye guys newbie here...checked on my babies & noticed they were wilting & yellowing all of a sudden & i have no idea why because this is my first time from seed...I'll give you a quick run down of everything & some pics

Ph 5.8
Ppm 112 (tap water & 7 ml of root excel)
Room temp 70
Water temp 67
8 bulb t5 (435 watt I think) 10 inches from plants
Roots are white & look pretty good
Water level is an inch below the net pot

http://i1204.invalid.com/albums/bb417/Billz401/09a8ba8e.jpg

http://i1204.invalid.com/albums/bb417/Billz401/f88f7c6a.jpg

http://i1204.invalid.com/albums/bb417/Billz401/cd0ccd9b.jpg

audius

audius

10 inches seems a lil close with that light,i have the same light & with all 8 lights on its putting out some heat. back it off to about a foot & 1/2 to 2 foot . also i would use some ro water, not tap.what kind of nutes are u using? i know gh makes both micro nutes for tap, & ro so mabee your nutes are not made for tap?. the only time i ever use tap water is to rinse out my buckets. i only grow with rain or ro water from wallmart, hope this helps

B

Billz401

I started with the light 18 inches away at first & they stretched so to stop that a buddy of mine told me to put it closer at 6 inches & keep an eye on them & they were fine until I woke up this morning & that's when I moved it to 10 inches...I jus don't want them 2 stretch if I put it back to 18 inches...I run h&g nutes the whole line...I haven't started them on anything but the root excel. I swear my tap is the problem to I jus can't pin point it. My first grow I used ro water from clone with no problems but waiting 4 my ro system to give me enough water was a pain so I figured filtered water was faster so I bought a water filteration system...could this water be the problem?

B

Billz401

Just realized it isn't actually tap water because it is filtered through a small boy water filteration system which I'm sure it filters out chlorine & some other things..

I

ibTheMan

T-8's or T-5's would work alot better, 430w is alot and you got it to close, plus seeds stretch thats what they do for the first week.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
im not sure what to tell you is wrong there.could be a couple things.ib is rt tho your light is to close for seedlings.

If in a couple days they are not looking better imho id yank them out of that hydro and get them in some soil.

better that than to lose them all together.soil is a lil more forgiving.

good luck KMK:hi

G

guilty

Those yellow lids on the tough boxes are not light proof either, i have experience with them and you need to wrap em or do something to block the light, just fyi.

B

Billz401

I moved lights to 2 feet away last night & I was already thinking the light were thru the yellow cover so I'm gonna fix that today...plants r standing a little better tho...I also drained some water to get the level to 1 inch below the net pot cuz I think the rockwool might be 2 wet so hopefully that helps

click80

click80

I moved lights to 2 feet away last night & I was already thinking the light were thru the yellow cover so I'm gonna fix that today...plants r standing a little better tho...I also drained some water to get the level to 1 inch below the net pot cuz I think the rockwool might be 2 wet so hopefully that helps

Looks like it 's drowning.

j wizzle

j wizzle

yeah...no oxygen...

i run the yellow lids in veg, t5s....i never have problems. thats not the reason your plants look like that. i would cover them if you were using a HPS and its not a bad idea to cover them anyways, but thats not whats causing your problem

you can give them a 25% strength feeding. make sure the rockwool is drying out every day, you dont want that to be soaked 100% of the time....im willing to bet this is your problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom