Sour Sister & Cali Con Tahoe OG

• Thread starter OGlover1224
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

My Buddha Tahoe is a calcium hooker, if that helps.

Seems like they took an awful long time to veg. I think you're just underfeeding them a little; I increase all food (except maybe N) when I see a calcium deficiency, instead of throwing cal-mag at them. I don't know of any bottled cal-mag products that are in perfect ratio for cannabis. Pro-Cal by Green Planet is easily my favorite for a cal-mag booster so far. I also love Cal-carb by the guys who make Azos and Mycos (Extreme Gardening, I think).

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Back off the N! no more PBP Grow in bloom, except during the transition while they are stretching. ;) The paling of the leaves in your case is due to insufficient micro-nutrients, not a lack of Nitrogen. Epsom salts, while a great cheap Mg/Sulfur booster, can interfere with calcium uptake, as Natural already stated.
Also, there is a natural self-pruning of fan leaves by some strains that is just how they do things. It is not always an indication of a deficiency, but in your case, I'd bet a calcium boost would help them finish well. Good luck brother!!!

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

My Buddha Tahoe is a calcium hooker, if that helps.

Seems like they took an awful long time to veg. I think you're just underfeeding them a little; I increase all food (except maybe N) when I see a calcium deficiency, instead of throwing cal-mag at them. I don't know of any bottled cal-mag products that are in perfect ratio for cannabis. Pro-Cal by Green Planet is easily my favorite for a cal-mag booster so far. I also love Cal-carb by the guys who make Azos and Mycos (Extreme Gardening, I think).

Yeah they took a little bit to veg as I overwatered a couple times early on in veg that slowed them down but definitely have the hang of when to water these girls now. I amended with dolomite and I have the general organic calmag which is a 5-1 ratio of cal - mag where I know other brands are more like 3-1 such as botonicare so that's why I'm a little confused but maybe they do still want more calcium, I'll try upping it a bit.

Back off the N! no more PBP Grow in bloom, except during the transition while they are stretching. ;) The paling of the leaves in your case is due to insufficient micro-nutrients, not a lack of Nitrogen. Epsom salts, while a great cheap Mg/Sulfur booster, can interfere with calcium uptake, as Natural already stated.
Also, there is a natural self-pruning of fan leaves by some strains that is just how they do things. It is not always an indication of a deficiency, but in your case, I'd bet a calcium boost would help them finish well. Good luck brother!!!

I guess that makes sense why I didn't see an improvement after I have gave some nitrogen. But like I said above I'm a little confused on why they still need more calcium based on what I feed and what's I'm the soil but maybe they still want more!

Do you guys think I should go ahead and feed again for the 3rd time in a row or just give plain water? I've been giving water on average every 4-5 days.

Thanks for the input guys!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

in soil, I feed-water-feed-water. Watering days get humic, molasses, kelp if needed. Compost tea rocks, if you want another project...lol. In soilless, I feed-feed-water. In reality, you need to get to know your strains and what they like when. they all differ; a little or a lot. Sometimes you do have to skip a scheduled feed, or feed on a watering day.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

in soil, I feed-water-feed-water. Watering days get humic, molasses, kelp if needed. Compost tea rocks, if you want another project...lol. In soilless, I feed-feed-water. In reality, you need to get to know your strains and what they like when. they all differ; a little or a lot. Sometimes you do have to skip a scheduled feed, or feed on a watering day.

Yeah that's normally what I like to do. And since I've already went water-feed-feed I'll give them just water with an upped dose of GO CaMg

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Here are some pics at the end of day 27

Group shot: Tahoe #1 in front left sour sister #7 in the back right and Tahoe #2 in the back left.

Tahoe 2

Tahoe 1

Sour sister 7

Kind of confused why some came out sideways because I didn't take the pictures any differently oh well

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Man this Tahoe must be a picky strain because I didn't have problems like these with my first northern lights cross and the sour sister is pretty damn happy.
Here's some progression. Could this possibly be a result of using earth juice pH up crystals every watering? It's 100% potassium bicarbonate and I use a small pinch or 2 per gallon. I guess well see what happens over the next few days but overall plants seem pretty happy.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Day 57 update.

I haven't posted much because the early yellowing issue did not resolve it self. I tried just giving water and calmag for a while and nothing got better, tried light feeding and even tried upping it a bit and none of it seemed to work so I got a bit discouraged and moved on the planning my next run. Will still be dank but I'm sure yield suffered and they obviously weren't grown to full potential.

Tahoe #1
-Has a very funky lemon smell to it with an emphasis on funky for this one.
-stacks better than Tahoe 2 and some buds do a bit of fox tailing.

Tahoe 2
-lankier
-doesn't stack like Tahoe 1
-very lemony at the moment without the extreme funk from Tahoe 1.
-more "Christmas tree" shaped nugs

Sour sister
-getting a somewhat lemon somewhat funk but a different funk than on the Tahoe. Seems to be a bit less intense than the Tahoe smells at this point but I also think it's gonna go a week longer.
-stacks great and only had a 4 week veg compared to almost 6 weeks on the Tahoes and I wouldn't be surprised if this sour sister yields more.
- very little stretch

Sorry about the sideways pictures, I figured out what's causing it to show like that and won't be like that for future pics.

Next run I plan on keeping things more simple and using teas with OGBIOWAR root and Nute packs. Since my soil feeds my plants pretty well up til flower and into the first week. I will then mainly top dress with guanos/use teas to feed when nutrients run out in the soil. I will be popping more sour sister and will also throw down some feminized 818 headband again from Cali connection. I really wanted to run white fire but was not in stock anywhere when I needed to make my seed purchase.

Top Bottom