Source For Pollen...

• Thread starter tec dan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tec dan

tec dan

Hello all, I am looking for a source for pollen, I have four girls that I want to pollinate, and I don't have time to grow males to collect pollen from, can anyone give me a source for pollen? Thanks :)

tec dan

tec dan

BTW, the two strain I am crossing are Sour OG and Bubba's Gift. I am looking for a suitable 8-10 week strain to cross them with. I would be more then happy to trade the resulting seeds for suitable pollen. I need to pollinate in three weeks, thanks :-)

V

vancerz

I don't know any place that sells pollen it goes bad kinda quick. And asking for it from others or to trade for it is frowned upon at this site. I hope you find some pollen though.

tec dan

tec dan

Really?? "frowned upon" to ask if any members can point me in a direction for a source for pollen?? Is it also "frowned upon" to ask for a source for seeds? Which is advertised and plastered all over this site? Moderators, is this really a "frowned upon" question to ask in this forum?

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Really?? "frowned upon" to ask if any members can point me in a direction for a source for pollen?? Is it also "frowned upon" to ask for a source for seeds? Which is advertised and plastered all over this site? Moderators, is this really a "frowned upon" question to ask in this forum?
Read the tos man I doubt you will get the hammer but asking for things is against the tos I know you said point me in a direction.
I would look at seafours male isolation chamber thread that way ya can keep your males

organix4207

organix4207

Dr greenthumb in canada will sell pollen but it's gonna cost ya !!!
Big time !!! It's like $1500 for a small vial .
Finding keeper female's is one thing but a "studd" to breed with is priceless. Most won't part with their secret sauce .

tobh

tobh

Supporter
You'll be hard pressed to find someone willing to part with pollen.

It's too unstable to package easily for transport and good fathers are typically coveted more so than their female counter parts. As was mentioned, most breeders aren't willing to give up the "secret sauce." Personally, I wouldn't trust anyone else's pollen anyways. When breeding you cross for the traits you find desirable, not just throw some male plant in with the ladies in hopes of attaining something good. Many even believe the male characteristics are even more important in a cross than the female traits. They must mesh well and without you seeing/working with the father, you simply have no idea if his genetics will improve or hurt your intended cross.

LI grows

LI grows

you have to make it yourself.
Spray Colloidal Silver on one branch early in flower every day for about 2 weeks. When you see pollen sacs cut the whole branch off and use it to pollinate another plant.
Ive done it and now i have over 300 seeds in stock to play with, :-)

tec dan

tec dan

Thanks guys, I ended up contacting a local breeder friend of mine and was able to obtain what I was looking for. I also looked up dragonfly genetics, their site is down, I assume they are no longer in business. In the future I plan to raise my own males to pollinate my girls. but because my girls are already three months old, I didn't have time to start males for pollen. Thanks again for all your direction and help on this thread :-)

Top Bottom