Sourcing Right Components for Custom COB LED

• Thread starter MPOPCORN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MPOPCORN

MPOPCORN

Hello!

I am taking a huge chance posting on this forum, in hopes that for the sake of knowledge this inquiry can be passed :)

I say this because I am building a custom COB LED panel for the film industry (not growing things). I am not re-inventing the wheel here, but am simply after a lot of output :)

Let's use these COB's as an example for now, which I am seriously considering.
https://download.luminus.com/datasheets/Luminus_CVM-GEN4_Datasheet.pdf

I desire to power (4) of these COB Arrays simultaneously. Each COB has a max wattage of 300. Instead of attempting to find a 1200w driver that has an input of 120v (which I believe is scarce or doesn't exist), couldn’t I utilize 4 individual drivers for each cob (and join the inputs via a single 14 gauge wire/plug?)?

Moving on - how does that affect dimming? There seems to be multiple dimming options, potentiometer vs dimming solutions deriving from the driver themselves? If the drivers have wire leads to connect a controller, could I have a single controller powering all 4 drivers? The key here is to find dimming that is not only flicker free, but appears flicker free on camera - which I expect I will have to test myself.

noahcola

noahcola

as far as dimming capabilities im not certain how that would be handled

Top Bottom