South America

• Thread starter indodoja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

indodoja

if you were to spend a few months in a spanish speaking south american country, which one would it be and why?
se asia seems to be a hippie trekker paradise that is posted about a lot, but i rarely see posts on south america trails. hiking up the mountains leading to machu picchu seems badass to me.
if you have any knowledge of a particular country, or if you are from a spanish speaking south american country, please speak up and represent.
thanks

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I had a house in Brazil for a couple of years and traveled all over Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Uraguay, Peru, you name it, I was kickin it..

In Chile, I drove from the tin mines in Calama all the way down the PAN 5 to Porte Monte stoppin everywhere in between..

Spent alot of time in Argentina, Buenas Aires is one badass city but up in the north on the Mendoza plants and around Cordoba, now that's the shit..four universities all right in that town, woman , young hot woman, everwhere, everything was expensive though, there dollar was insane at the time I was there..

Brazil gets my vote for the friendliest, most fun, lovin my American ass place, super warm folks..Mexico is a close second..

Been all over SE Asia as well, there was a seven year stretch that i averaged about 275 days a year outside the United States, what a life...

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Yeh, the CDC had my picture posted in LA and Miami for a few years...lol

Tex

I

indodoja

I had a house in Brazil for a couple of years and traveled all over Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Uraguay, Peru, you name it, I was kickin it..

In Chile, I drove from the tin mines in Calama all the way down the PAN 5 to Porte Monte stoppin everywhere in between..

Spent alot of time in Argentina, Buenas Aires is one badass city but up in the north on the Mendoza plants and around Cordoba, now that's the shit..four universities all right in that town, woman , young hot woman, everwhere, everything was expensive though, there dollar was insane at the time I was there..

Brazil gets my vote for the friendliest, most fun, lovin my American ass place, super warm folks..Mexico is a close second..

Been all over SE Asia as well, there was a seven year stretch that i averaged about 275 days a year outside the United States, what a life...

Tex

...if only i had aspired to greater things. sounds like your life rocks all around tex. makes me wanna go big and pull a houdini.
you should find a publisher and write about your adventures. ..fuck writing about strains. write about the life

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I did have the life for sure, alot of it really sounds unbelievable these days but i definately did it big...started travelin at 20 and my first trip was to Curitiba, Brazil...didn't speak the language or anything..I had $1000.00 and a credit card and I was off to the jungle..spent almost 7 months runnin around all over South America...thanks Dad..

Argentina is a trip, they basically don't let the women do anything but office/clerk work, so during the day the streets are filled with all the ladies out shopping, strolling, and eating, beautiful women down there...I used to laugh, i asked why don't you have any waitresses?there all men..and with a sinister grin the guy told me, if i trusted a women to get my order right, he could go get one out of the kitchen but wouldn't recomend it...lol..needless to say, i let him take my order..lolol

I used to drive around and look for dust collectors in the jungle, somewhere where they were processing wood, and then drive up and walk in and cold call on these giant processing plants..they thought this young American was insane..

Tex

D

D9420

hey Tex that sounds like a good time. i just had a family member go to Rio Brazil to see his wife's family. i was hoping for some seeds i told him to bring back. but he said that he could not find weed there any were. not even in the slums
was it just bad luck on his part or is it harder than normal to get bud there. i figured it would be everywhere cheap but i guess not. i was bummed when he came back with no seeds i had some nice plans for them to. LOL

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
hey Tex that sounds like a good time. i just had a family member go to Rio Brazil to see his wife's family. i was hoping for some seeds i told him to bring back. but he said that he could not find weed there any were. not even in the slums
was it just bad luck on his part or is it harder than normal to get bud there. i figured it would be everywhere cheap but i guess not. i was bummed when he came back with no seeds i had some nice plans for them to. LOL

I live in Brazil and can tell you that Rio's weed scene is on the down side these days. You have to know a delivery service or have a good connection in order to get anything worthwhile smoking. Most of the weed down here is garbage, rotten old bricked up shit. It costs anywhere from 50 cents to one dollar per gram. Then there is the good brick weed. Really nice stuff can be goten here in brick form. It may not have the looks most people are used to (nice buds in a ziplock bag), but you can definitely see it is all good buds pressed in there. There is the light green, skunky smelling hybrids, then there are the darker, super sticky bricks of pure sativas, peppery/spycy tasting. Some times this herb referred to as "Amarelo" (yellow) comes around too, but not as ofter as 10 years ago. This type of herb can cost anywhere from 1 dollar/g in São Paulo to 4 dollars/g in Rio, and that's if you can get it up there. From what my friends tell me Rio is really dry for good herbs in the recent times.

In the big cities, all one has to do is go by a couple universities at break time at night, around 9 PM, and good herbs shall be found.

Brazil has many different facets. A quick description would be: The north has the jungle and beaches. The northeast is famous for its beaches. The south east has wonderful beaches, Atlantic rainforest, industry and major financial centers such as Sao Paulo, Rio, and other capital cities. The south is more european-like, has wonderful beaches, the Iguaçu/Iguzu waterfalls, the pantanal which is a place where I saw the most wildlife in a single place. Everywhere you can have well developed and the poorest places right next to each other, there is a lot of financial/social inequality. Few make too much, many make too little. There is crime, yes. But the pople are also really friendly, regardless if poor or rich, and like anywhere else in the world, if you are a tourist, you are most likely to be ripped off in tourist centers, such as Rio or Salvador in the Northeast. Not that it will necessarily happen, just more likely. All you gotta be is travel-wise :)

Food and beer are really good, abundant and relatively cheap in Brazil.

Nowdays you can't go to jail for smoking weed in Brazil, the most you get is a fine and/or community service that can be converted into a fine :) The grow scene is growing here! There is a grow shop that opened up in Rio and they are already representing Home Box for South América and are bringing Canna nutrients, should be available within the next couple of months.

Like Tex, I've also been all over South America. In my early twenties I drove all the way from BC, Canada to Rio covering many thousand km of roads, got to see many different places/cultures and every place has something special to offer, it all depends on what you are after. Just makew sure to do it before you marry and have kids!

Besides my home country Brazil, Venezuela is one of my favourite places that I've been. You have the Caribbean wonderful coast, the sun, beaches, islands... then you go through desert lands until you reach the mountains, I even got to see some snow while in Merida, an university town where you can take the longest and highest gondola ride up to Pico Bolivar at 4,981m high! Then they have the "Gran Sabana", where Angel's Falls is located! just to get there by motorized canoe, what a trip!

Food and beer are really good, not so abundant and more expensive in Venezuela when compared to Brazil.

Argentina is also awesome, havent seen much of it other than near Iguazu falls, but I know it has strong European influence, the cost of living can be more expensive than other places in South America. Argentina has an annual cannabis cup, I think this year is thge 3rd edition. They have a strong cannabis culture there.

Chile was also a wonderful place. The pacific coast, glaciers, awesome lakes and volcanoes, the Atacama desert on the north... I know they have a grow shop that sells the bio bizz line.

I guess it all depends on what you wanna do, if you want to work or just have fun!

BC

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Big up my friend BCB, man Iguacu, I am goin to have to down and visit you, I loved the north of Brazil...

I used to laugh my ass off at the Argentine men, they would tell me the birth rate goes down in their home town when they are traveling...wine for breakfast. lunch, and dinner...

I rocked SE Asia for a couple years also, it didn't suck either,,

Tex

I

indodoja

I live in Brazil and can tell you that Rio's weed scene is on the down side these days. You have to know a delivery service or have a good connection in order to get anything worthwhile smoking. Most of the weed down here is garbage, rotten old bricked up shit. It costs anywhere from 50 cents to one dollar per gram. Then there is the good brick weed. Really nice stuff can be goten here in brick form. It may not have the looks most people are used to (nice buds in a ziplock bag), but you can definitely see it is all good buds pressed in there. There is the light green, skunky smelling hybrids, then there are the darker, super sticky bricks of pure sativas, peppery/spycy tasting. Some times this herb referred to as "Amarelo" (yellow) comes around too, but not as ofter as 10 years ago. This type of herb can cost anywhere from 1 dollar/g in São Paulo to 4 dollars/g in Rio, and that's if you can get it up there. From what my friends tell me Rio is really dry for good herbs in the recent times.

In the big cities, all one has to do is go by a couple universities at break time at night, around 9 PM, and good herbs shall be found.

Brazil has many different facets. A quick description would be: The north has the jungle and beaches. The northeast is famous for its beaches. The south east has wonderful beaches, Atlantic rainforest, industry and major financial centers such as Sao Paulo, Rio, and other capital cities. The south is more european-like, has wonderful beaches, the Iguaçu/Iguzu waterfalls, the pantanal which is a place where I saw the most wildlife in a single place. Everywhere you can have well developed and the poorest places right next to each other, there is a lot of financial/social inequality. Few make too much, many make too little. There is crime, yes. But the pople are also really friendly, regardless if poor or rich, and like anywhere else in the world, if you are a tourist, you are most likely to be ripped off in tourist centers, such as Rio or Salvador in the Northeast. Not that it will necessarily happen, just more likely. All you gotta be is travel-wise :)

Food and beer are really good, abundant and relatively cheap in Brazil.

Nowdays you can't go to jail for smoking weed in Brazil, the most you get is a fine and/or community service that can be converted into a fine :) The grow scene is growing here! There is a grow shop that opened up in Rio and they are already representing Home Box for South América and are bringing Canna nutrients, should be available within the next couple of months.

Like Tex, I've also been all over South America. In my early twenties I drove all the way from BC, Canada to Rio covering many thousand km of roads, got to see many different places/cultures and every place has something special to offer, it all depends on what you are after. Just makew sure to do it before you marry and have kids!

Besides my home country Brazil, Venezuela is one of my favourite places that I've been. You have the Caribbean wonderful coast, the sun, beaches, islands... then you go through desert lands until you reach the mountains, I even got to see some snow while in Merida, an university town where you can take the longest and highest gondola ride up to Pico Bolivar at 4,981m high! Then they have the "Gran Sabana", where Angel's Falls is located! just to get there by motorized canoe, what a trip!

Food and beer are really good, not so abundant and more expensive in Venezuela when compared to Brazil.

Argentina is also awesome, havent seen much of it other than near Iguazu falls, but I know it has strong European influence, the cost of living can be more expensive than other places in South America. Argentina has an annual cannabis cup, I think this year is thge 3rd edition. They have a strong cannabis culture there.

Chile was also a wonderful place. The pacific coast, glaciers, awesome lakes and volcanoes, the Atacama desert on the north... I know they have a grow shop that sells the bio bizz line.

I guess it all depends on what you wanna do, if you want to work or just have fun!

BC

thanks for your input man. i'm not against learning portuguese.. my intention is to study the culture, language and history for a semester or two at a university there(adding ib onto a degree). ..and of course partying my ass off. ...
parts of brazil and argentina seem to be the most appealing right now. of course the drop dead gorgeous women help with this decision.
thank you to everyone that contributes
i encourage everyone to keep it coming

E

edelephant

Ive done central america, the Caribbean, and the andean region of south america, brazil is loads of fun.

When I was younger my father took us on a road trip from chicago to bogota, this was in the late 80s when it was still quite dangerous all over the place down there and to be honest, it was the best trip i've ever taken in my life. Guatemala and central america, costa rica in specific offer the nature lovers a field day, pristine beaches, zip lining all that pura vida as they say in costa rica.

The caribbean is amazin, Cuba, Puerto Rico and D.R. are so much a like and so much different its incredible, lots of culture and farmland, real living, music, women, and rum as they say.

Venezuela Colombia and Ecuador Ive been in extensively, its nice to go from modern gigantic smog infested cities, to the birthplace of the amazon in a few hours. Beaches are all world class as are the women.

If I was to retire somewhere top 5 choices (this is considering the rest of the world as well): Dominican Republic, Colombia, Venezuela, Brasil, Ecuador.

Latin America all day everyday!

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Big up my friend BCB, man Iguacu, I am goin to have to down and visit you, I loved the north of Brazil...

I used to laugh my ass off at the Argentine men, they would tell me the birth rate goes down in their home town when they are traveling...wine for breakfast. lunch, and dinner...

I rocked SE Asia for a couple years also, it didn't suck either,,

Tex

Yo! give me a couple of months notice and come in the sumer and I'll be able to take some time off work be a better host lol! SE Asia must be awesome too! one day in the future I'll make it there.

Hey indodoja, I know the University of São Paulo has exchange programs for international students.

http://www.usp.br/ccint/

The thing is, you will have to learn Portuguese. I guess it would be the same in Argentina's Universities. The University of São Paulo is a tuition-free university, you don't have to pay to study there. And if you are accepted, you are also entitled to Portuguese as a Second Language clases, also for free. All you would have to pay is rent, food and transportation. Check it out, see if it interests ya. Good luck! BC

E

edelephant

You know BC, Im still taking you up on that offer, quite possibly this winter, se deus quer

I

indodoja

If I was to retire somewhere top 5 choices (this is considering the rest of the world as well): Dominican Republic, Colombia, Venezuela, Brasil, Ecuador.
i had a geography class with a beautyfull girl from columbia. she said that everything negative that you heard about it from the us gov and the media was overhyped bullshit. she said that the current situation was much better than it used to be. ..?

Hey indodoja, I know the University of São Paulo has exchange programs for international students.

http://www.usp.br/ccint/

The thing is, you will have to learn Portuguese. I guess it would be the same in Argentina's Universities. The University of São Paulo is a tuition-free university, you don't have to pay to study there. And if you are accepted, you are also entitled to Portuguese as a Second Language clases, also for free. All you would have to pay is rent, food and transportation. Check it out, see if it interests ya. Good luck! BC
thank you for the link man. i appreciate it.

I

indodoja

just for shits and giggles..here's a link to a badass bulletproof designer from columbia. i saw him shoot his brother at point blank range(on 20/20) with a 9mm while wearing a caballero vest.

www.miguelcaballero.com/

E

edelephant

Colombia now is a lot more calm and less cartel related violence, that is not to say it isn't vioelnt still, but Mexico is a lot worse now, what Colombia was like back in its worse period after la violencia. I always wanted a Miguel Caballero bullet proof jock strap after I seen him pop one of his employees in the balls at close range with a 45.

And in terms of violence, Caracas is probably by far the most violent city in South America, yet you can walk around and 95% of the time wont have a problem. Haiti, as much cultural and historical significance that it may have, is by far the worse country to visit in Latin America.

I

indodoja

I always wanted a Miguel Caballero bullet proof jock strap after I seen him pop one of his employees in the balls at close range with a 45.

ha! you know that you have problems if you need a bulletproof jockstrap.

Top Bottom