south east canada 2012 outdoor. going BIG!

• Thread starter DRONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DRONER

DRONER

Looking for a little advice for my summer set-up this season
in the past i used sunshine mix 4, mixed in some potting soil, and chicken manure for the veg, I tried Purple kush last year, clones were about 16 inches high when i transplanted outdoors, but when i finally got the clones it was wayy late, i planted end of june. I harvested end of september at about week 6-7 into flowering, the buds really werent develloped enough, 60 plants only have me 4 Lbs. i wasnt evening expecting to get that much, the smoke was great, pretty strong smelling.

this year, i want a MUCH MUCH bigger yield, im planning to do anywhere from 300-500 little suckers outside this year. in 5 gallonn grow bags, location is on an old dried swamp, with a big river running through the middle. ideal sun exposure because of tree line, im going to plant around the river, for irrigation purposes, ive got two pumps ready and a basin in the shade for my mixtures. im just not 100 percent certain on what strain to go with for the biggest yield, without needing to finish flowering in october. ive done veerything from Beasters, PK, Quebec Gold, and a couple strawberry cough, best season i ever had got completely robbed ofcourse!! 300 strawberry beauties!
I was thinking Freezeland. it can endure the cold, supposed to be fully budded around september 15th. high yield, strong smell and taste, good buzz! What kind of nutes should i be feeding the plants by watering?
any suggestions on soil mixture? or keep it simple, sunshine 4, some guano and coco?
i only used B1 last year for nutes, and sugar daddy and bat guano to flower.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! pics of setup to come in about a month when there in the ground!

DR

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

well you need to go with a pure indica. there are a lot of really quality indicas, the most recent ones ive grown out were Emerald Triangle Seeds Mastodon kush and it was a+,dna's la con feminized and it was a+ and plushberry by tga and it was a+ as well but i only got 1 female outta 5 males with PB i dont know what other peoples ratios were with those though. outdoors if you start them now you should get 4 pounds off 4-8 indicas at the minimum. sunshine is good or the promix advanced its good too i know all that is made up there in canada, but you should try mixing it with compost, worm castings, and the chicken manure again and if you can get some bone meal blood meal and/or guanos. have you thought about hoop houses or a greenhouse?

DRONER

DRONER

I have thought about hoop houses or green houses, buut the area i am growing in a green house would stick out like a sore thumb to the guys in the sky! And hoop houses would not be suitable for doing 300-500 plants. I will be doing a real mixture of soil with some of what you listed. I wish i could plant right now, but it is still far to cold at night even some days. nights until may will stay anywhere from 35F to 45F, a little on the cold side i think???! I plan to plant for the 4th of may. weather shoulld stay at a steady 50+ F at night and 70+F during the days..

I would love to pull a half pound on 500 plants! but that seems like expecting a bit far off of the possible on 500 outdoor plants in a non Cali environment! Or is it doable with a good soikl mix, proper nutes and good clones???? please insîration here!

DRONER

DRONER

40 views.... One reply? what am i doing wrong in my threads?????

420bliss

420bliss

40 views.... One reply? what am i doing wrong in my threads?????

you want to jump from 60, to 300-500, from your post you sound like you are no where near being able to care for that amount of plants, no disrespect, that is a huge jump. how about instead of trying to do more lil plants you do fewer larger plants, their are people on this forum that yeild 15+ a plant, search the forums, theres gold in them pages lol

DRONER

DRONER

Thanks for your input 420 but ive done 3 crops in my life over 200 plants. best crop was stolen ofccourse. when i say "LIL SUCKERS" i dont litteraly mean small plants!! ive never had a plant under 4 feet tall outside. thanks for your input but youve honostly answered absolutely none of my questions or given any real advise ! thanks for the help..

sb805og101

sb805og101

so sounds like you need to add more bulk nutes or feeding schedule to beef up yeild .and if that freezeland is a yeilder get em going,well adapted to your climate. Ok sounds like alot but if you get robbed again at same grow spot at least you might b left with 100 out of 300 .a dump response is better than none

DRONER

DRONER

appreciate the insight! but im no dumb enought to grow where ive been robbed! im on my way over to my buddys store big distributor in canada for hydropnic. he said he had a list for me to get started for a nutes feeding schedule! ill let you know what he suggests!

DRONER

DRONER

Just got back from the Hydro-Store.
heres the list and prices my buddy gave me.
100 x Gromix 85L (peat soil mix) 1264$ with tax
50 x worm casting 30L 976$
1x Mag Drive 700 700 pph 104$
6x Guano Grow 2kg 172$
3x Guano bloom 9kg 137$
4x Prime Time slow feed nutes 20kg 345$

WAT DO YOU GYS THINK ABOUT THIS MIX? AM I BETTER OFF USING A POTTING SOIL MIX 40%BLACK EARTH 25% PEAT MOSS, 20% CHICKEN COMPOST, 10% SAND I CAN GET 4 35L BAGS OF THAT FROM THE LOCAL NURSERY FOR 9$!!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS, IM BUYING MY EARTH TOMORROW TO START BRINGING IT IN TO THE SPOT!
THANKS FOR ANY INPUT

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Dude You must be in good shape. I know nothing about Gorila growing really except it sounds and looks like HARD work.
And thats alot of soil to be packin

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

if you had just one solid greenhouse, you could be starting your seeds now and that will give you a lot more yield per plant than if you waited. i dont know what the rules are in canada but if you get caught with 300 plants in america you would have to have one hell of an attorney and one clean record to not get at least a few years. if they are going to be small(er than they could be) and you wont be caring for them much, then you do want alot of plants. seems like you may be paying a bit much on some of those things, the worm castings, you may want to look for a bulk supplier in your area. alot of the time the people that sell bait worms may have casting for sale. also when it comes to the gro mix or promix you should look for the compressed bale/ it says 3.8 cu ft but expands to 6-7 cubic feet. if you cant get the bales which are much better rate per cu/ft than the bags i would just buy the peat and perlite and mix it myself.

DRONER

DRONER

thanks for the input, but you really think if i get seeds within a week, i could start them say inside under a fluorescent then veg them for a week or two? obviously if you control the strain and its the first round of clones off of seeds clearly the genetic will be much stronger. im looking into it, ive got a few people i know i can get some pretty decent clones from at a decent price. thanks for the input im going to look into seeds. i have never cloned or done anything indoors so it might be a bit much for the last minute

G

globe_toker

i would really focus on growing larger plants instead of quantity. based on the information given, 60 plants yielding 4# is very low . thats just over an oz. per plant and if you have never had a plant under 4 feet then something is wrong. you need to address that first before you move up to 300-500. IMO, you are setting yourself up for a disappointment if you dont change a few things you are doing.

the grow bags will dry out fast mid summer and they will require alot of water. 5 gallon is way to small anyways, plants will be rootbound by end of june or sometime in july (which diminishes potential yield.) just dig holes and work the earth if you can. i had 25-35 gal bags dry out fast last year and it sucks.

420bliss

420bliss

dont buy your amendments at the hydro shop go to an animal feed store they shop have everything you need in bulk at great prices, im sorry if you dont like my opinion but i thought it was good advice to focus on less large plants than more smaller plants, a 4ft plant outdoors is small, ive had 5 footers + indoors, ill never do that again had to crawl to get around in there

DRONER

DRONER

im sorry if you dont like my opinion but i thought it was good advice to focus on less large plants than more smaller plants
I appreciate your advice, my plan is really to have a full crop of big healthy plants, but to grow big you have to be taking serious care of them and 200 is alot of work. i have a great spot with a river that runs right through a dried up swamp, i pump water into my 3 basins hidden in the trees" i think with my set-up this year ill be able to take care of a big patch properly and get some real results!

DR

H

hondapower420

you want to jump from 60, to 300-500, from your post you sound like you are no where near being able to care for that amount of plants, no disrespect, that is a huge jump. how about instead of trying to do more lil plants you do fewer larger plants, their are people on this forum that yeild 15+ a plant, search the forums, theres gold in them pages lol

this guy is making a very good point 500 outdoor plants is a lot of work, and your going to need bigger than 5 gallon pots do 100 plants+ in 100 gallon pots.. south east canada your close to me put out some indicas after may 24th and top them a few times thing should work out very well for you

DRONER

DRONER

your close to me put out some indicas after may 24th and top them a few times thing should work out very well for you
thanks for the advice, im pretty much all set up for about half the amount i was orginanly planning on. but i figure ill be able to take proper care of the patch. my clone buddy fell through on me for some quebec bud, i have to resort to blueberry hash plant. how do you think those will do? theyl be about a foot and a half tall befre i put them in the ground, should be in the ground by june 6th. im boosting them with root excelerator by van de zwaan, for the first two weeks in the groouond, then starting my A and B supps afterward. basicaly the whole van de zwann nutes and suppliment line. i think it should be pretty good! pics to come!!
DR

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

thanks for the input, but you really think if i get seeds within a week, i could start them say inside under a fluorescent then veg them for a week or two? obviously if you control the strain and its the first round of clones off of seeds clearly the genetic will be much stronger. im looking into it, ive got a few people i know i can get some pretty decent clones from at a decent price. thanks for the input im going to look into seeds. i have never cloned or done anything indoors so it might be a bit much for the last minute
Hello , yes you can Give your Plants a great jump by starting them inside under Fluoro's
I am no expert in the growing dept, but this is how I start my plants... and you do not
need some high powered lights either (although they probly help) but if you keep the lights
a few inches above the plants (meaning you'll have to adjust your lights as they grow)
this will help keep them strong...
i started soaking my seeds around april 20th .. my plants are now about 6 to 7 inches tall
and will be going out in the next couple weeks.. out by the 1st of june anyway...
and make sure to give them light 24/ 7 ... they will be plenty ready.. in fact mine are
almost getting outta control for my space....lol not sure if i helped... but figured id
throw in my little bit of Experience ..into the Mix.. grow Strong~ oh and I am in Nrthrn VT..
Smokes~

DRONER

DRONER

things were looking all good til i found some PM on a few of my little babies... gotta take care of this problem asap!!
Cubes
4x4

Top Bottom