south kona beans

• Thread starter E.T.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

E.T.

just got some beans from a friends dad who lives out there....all i know is that they are from south kona. looking for info on what kona has to offer...if i should even get into these babies...

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Good Seeds

I'm sure they are from some awesome weed, but from my experience Hawaiin weed is never the same if grown off of Hawaii. I brought some killer seeds(from weed bought/smoked in maui) home and grew them inside/ outside and the weed was not the same as the stuff when grown off of the islands. Don't get me wrong the weed was still great just not as good as island grown, good luck-hope they rip your head off, in a good way

mal

E

E.T.

thanks mal! i'm sure they'll be some good smoke, just trying to narrow down what genetics may be in that area. don't have the space to get into these atm, but time will tell....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Puna Bud, Puna budda, one called Hilo bud...names were funny in Hawaii, when I was there hanging out for awhile, most of the strains had no name just local stuff like Steve's weed or Jeff's killer.

Big Island stuff that was being flown around to the other islands usually had a town on the big island in its name.

Equitorial plants are a trick to turn around, we had hell with clones but I did get seeds to do pretty well after a few runs under the artificial lights.

Tex

E

E.T.

talked to my buddies dad and was told he got the 10 or so seeds from a hitchhiker he picked up. this guy gave them to him as payment....
so it will remain a mystery....thanks for the info guys

A

Alekiboy

Hawaii does not have any landrace or original strains....
It arrived here in the 1800's along with workers from Asia and Portugal..

Mal pretty much hit the nail on the head... We bring other strains here and they just grow better... In the late 60's and early 70's new strains were brought here by surfers and hippies and that is when the legend of Hawaiian growing came about..
DJ short wrote about Hawaii and I think he explains it best! I believe Texas Kid reposted his comments somewhere on this forum.

I am growing several strains that I purchased through THCbay that are just incredible here.. Even my friends who come from California (they are frequent dispensary visitors) freak out on how good it is...
Right now my best thcfarmer strains are:
Dr. Candyman's Purple Ape
Raskal's Strawberry White
Mosca's C99
Raskal's Fire

S

sweetbee

can't speak for all the islands, but in the early and mid-sixties. seeds were coming home
to Oahu by Vets returning from Vietnam. Thai Stick, Cambodian,and Dalat all occasionally included a seed. These early arrivals fueled Island and West coast gardens. Thanks for the memories ........... "Puff the magic dragon, " Sweetbee

I

IronLung D9

Can only pop em and post the results of your mystry beans!

E

E.T.

not gonna get into these...too many great 'reliable' genetics waiting on deck. if i had more space and time, perhaps...

A

Alekiboy

not gonna get into these...too many great 'reliable' genetics waiting on deck. if i had more space and time, perhaps...

I hear you my brother...
Too many choices, so little time ;)

C

cultleader

Heya ET did you ever grow those Kona beans out? I just moved back from Kona and miss it big time and the bud over there always just seems to be or have something special going on. Aloha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom