South Lake Tahoe's Jamie Anderdon wins gold.

• Thread starter Amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Alright that was a dope second run I thought she did great but the judges loved it.

Mogrow

Mogrow

all those women were great in that event last night. lotta love for each other. Jamie's last run was awesome.
i love brave, bold women like that. hope the one that cracked her helmet is ok, if that was a football player they would have had to cart him off the field, she finishes her run...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Taking home Olympic Gold Jamie Anderson from South Lake Tahoe. Congratulations girl from back home.
I haven't watched, we have someone from SLT out there?? On one hand, that's VERY cool! I do hope she makes it back out of Russia ok. I hope they all do. :o

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have you caught this story, Amber?

U.S. snowboarder Danny Davis unloaded on the organizers of the Sochi Olympics for building a low-quality halfpipe.

In an interview with Yahoo's Jeff Passan, Davis called the halfpipe at the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park "garbage" and "crappy."

Another unnamed athlete called it "unsalvageable."

Davis pulled no punches, saying, "It's the Olympics. It should be flawless. What a lame showcase of snowboarding, and what a lame way to treat the athletes."

Davis also blasted the IOC and the FIS (the skiing federation that overseas snowboarding sports) for not hiring Snow Park Technologies, the most respected halfpipe building company in the world, to construct the pipe:

"The IOC probably didn't want to pay the right guys to do it. I'm pretty sure what they're focused on is keeping as much money in their hands as possible. That's the shame of it all. All these kids, myself included, worked very hard to get here. And then the pipe is just no fun and boring and [expletive]. Halfpipe is super fun. But riding a crappy pipe and having to perform in it is the worst."

The main concern seems to be that the middle of the pipe is bumpy and snowy.

Shaun White told USA Today that there's a bump in the middle of the pipe that they athletes ride into right after they land.

"Today was, uh, not the best," he said.

Workers were out on the course trying to fix the issues Monday.

Complicating matters are the soaring temperatures in Sochi. It's 61 degrees downtown. Halfpipe practice on Monday had to be moved to the night as a result.

This isn't the first course issue at the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park. Last week numerous slopestyle riders blasted the course for being too dangerous. Shaun White, the defending champion in halfpipe,dropped out of the event entirely over safety concerns.

Qualification for the event starts Tuesday morning at 2 p.m. local time.

Basically, the more I learn about Sochi and this Russian deal for the Olympics, the more it becomes a huge joke.

Amber

Amber

Dam there was a girl in slopestyle that went down hard. Busted her helmet and everything.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just read about that! They said she got up and walked off, hardcore stylee.

Reading the stuff about Sochi.. what a fucking nightmare for these athletes.

tweedy

tweedy

Have you caught this story, Amber?

Basically, the more I learn about Sochi and this Russian deal for the Olympics, the more it becomes a huge joke.
Seriously, the hump in the halfpipe, the last mogul on the run, Russia is trying to cheat its way into winning gold. Its like if you designed the course on Excite Bike and didn't tell someone what to expect but had run it yourself 1000 times. Bullshit.

tweedy

tweedy

Dam there was a girl in slopestyle that went down hard. Busted her helmet and everything.
Sickening thud, it was awesome to see her get up and go the rest of the run but my goodness, I thought she was down for the count as snow/ice isn't very forgiving and she wasn't moving for a good five seconds.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Then the two of you may know some of the SLT kids I knew when we lived up there. Had a couple of 'em living with us here and there. Can't say I miss it, exactly, but I do miss being near good sushi. Unfortunately, the quality at Sato has gone down.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Yeah Sato has gone downhill a bit. My favorites are Naked Fish and Sushi Pier, for sure.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I'll show jamie my "half-pipe", then she can "grind my rail".........talented snowboarder though

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah Sato has gone downhill a bit. My favorites are Naked Fish and Sushi Pier, for sure.
Really like Naked Fish, but they're a bit on the spendy side. Haven't been to Sushi Pier, where's that?

Top Bottom