South Texas flower drying ideas

• Thread starter Danikat33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danikat33

Danikat33

First time grower. Not ready yet but wanting a plan. Ideally I’d dry flowers outside as I’m not allowed to bring anything into the house. I also have a $0-$100 spending limit. Weather here is unpredictable more than a week out so no way to plan for that. Anyone have success doing it the way our grandparents did? Should I buy a tent and a fan or something? I have private access to a small wooded are but neighbors relatively close by so the smell worries me some. The. Again I was going to dry them behind my chicken coop for some smell protection. Anyone have any ideas?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

How much space do you have outside? I'm sure we can figure something out for you.
It has to be smell protected as well since you are in an illegal state.
Got a backhoe?

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

First time grower. Not ready yet but wanting a plan. Ideally I’d dry flowers outside as I’m not allowed to bring anything into the house. I also have a $0-$100 spending limit. Weather here is unpredictable more than a week out so no way to plan for that. Anyone have success doing it the way our grandparents did? Should I buy a tent and a fan or something? I have private access to a small wooded are but neighbors relatively close by so the smell worries me some. The. Again I was going to dry them behind my chicken coop for some smell protection. Anyone have any ideas?
The only way I've found to help with smell is a carbon filter on a fan. Do you have a space you can add something like https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Air-...=1&keywords=carbon+fan&qid=1627372401&sr=8-14 to a small area?

SSgrower

SSgrower

I am in S. Texas and dry on hangers in my grow room with ac on at 76 with humidity about 70 which is the best I can do. Yes the weather on the coastal bend is unpredictable. SS

Danikat33

Danikat33

I have about a 200 ft x 30 ft patch of woods. No backhoe. I wouldn’t be able to get it into the woods anyway.

Ponky

Ponky

If you can run an air conditioner in the shed. You could set up a curing room.

Danikat33

Danikat33

Rooke

Rooke

I am in S. Texas and dry on hangers in my grow room with ac on at 76 with humidity about 70 which is the best I can do. Yes the weather on the coastal bend is unpredictable. SS
Hang some trellis netting up in your tent or your grow room with your carbon filter running and a small fan pointing on the floor for good air flow. If your rh is very low I would leave the fan leafs on to try and slow the drying process as much as you can. Best of luck hope this helps you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom