Southern Oregon outdoor. Is water really all I need?

• Thread starter 503Growguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
503Growguy

503Growguy

Hi everyone, I’ve grown indoor before and learned a lot but what skills and techniques can I take to outdoor growing.. bought a few clones, I used 150 gal smart pots last year and talked myself into buying soil from a soil company.. I was told to use mykos when transplanting and to water with regular water(well) and the plant will do the rest.. the bud was ok but nothing to write home about. Coming from using a combo meter and mixing everything you feed to the plant (I used house of garden a&b coco) I’m a little lost and wondering what people find successful.. this year I am going to try fox farm ocean forest and a friend was going to introduce me to compost teas.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
grow it in the ground, than you pretty much have to do nothing, and a better chance of them staying healthier too fight off stuff..

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Smart pots are the way to go.
helps roots with aeration and you can move them if need be.
Roots 707 is a good reliable store bought soil.
As far as feeding no need till the end of the season around middle to end of august.
You can by a hotter soil from a local supplier but usually it’s in bulk at least a yard.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Should I do anything to the ground ? Add soil ? Roto?
is the soil not good there? i only use soil if i’m growing in a heavily clay area, i’ll dig like a 20/30 gallon or bigger hole and fill it with pro mix and worm castings, i’ll have to feed during flowering, but say your growing in the garden or good soil (in ground) than the plant needs nothing..

503Growguy

503Growguy

is the soil not good there? i only use soil if i’m growing in a heavily clay area, i’ll dig like a 20/30 gallon or bigger hole and fill it with pro mix and worm castings, i’ll have to feed during flowering, but say your growing in the garden or good soil (in ground) than the plant needs nothing..
Im not sure if the soil in nutrient rich or not how about adjusting the p.h. Of the water
As far as feeding no need till the end of the season around middle to end of august.
You can by a hotter soil from a local supplier but usually it’s in bulk at least a yard.
Is there any place you recommend in the grants pass area ?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would till up an area (shovel or broad fork) to loosen the soil and add some amendments. Personally I would add like 4 cups of soy bean meal and 4 cups of gypsum and maybe some fish juice, stir it up and let it go. Chicken meal is mostly soy and corn. You could substitute but soybean is the way to go with cannabis 7-3-2 on mine. I wouldn't grow without either soy or gypsum. They both are magic and relatively cheap. Soy has a bad name for some reason but give it a shot and you wont be unhappy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom