Space For Veg Relative To Space For Flowering

• Thread starter CaptChronic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaptChronic

CaptChronic

HI all, Im pretty new to growing and my experience is solely in outdoor and greenhouse, however I want to start growing indoors. Ideally I would like to have two separate areas; one for veg, one for flower. With that in mind, using a total area of 10x12, what is the best way to split the veg area and flowering area. I was thinking slightly less then half on veg??

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

HI all, Im pretty new to growing and my experience is solely in outdoor and greenhouse, however I want to start growing indoors. Ideally I would like to have two separate areas; one for veg, one for flower. With that in mind, using a total area of 10x12, what is the best way to split the veg area and flowering area. I was thinking slightly less then half on veg??
You have the right idea, I Would do 1/3 of that veg, rest flower.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Ok, awesome. if my ceilings are only 8 ft, can i use 1000w's or should I stick with 600W fixtures?
That's plenty of space
1000w is the way to go mah friend.
600w will Give you more PAR though. It's up to debate which is actually more effective watt for watt.

CaptChronic

CaptChronic

That's plenty of space
1000w is the way to go mah friend.
600w will Give you more PAR though. It's up to debate which is actually more effective watt for watt.

Okay, I was just worried about the 1000w being to close to the canopy but i guess it should not be a problem.

Ideally Id like to dedicate a 3x12 area to veg and a 7x12 flowering area. I want to do a SCROG grow with four plants under each light. I intend to have 3, 600w MHs in the 3x12 veg area and 4, 1000W HPSs in the 7x12 flowering area. Does this sound reasonable?

The Terps

The Terps

8 ft is a no go for gavitas on 1000 watt you will want the 750 watt de bulbs (which can go in any fixture as long as it's not dialed over 750) otherwise 1000 watt air cooled or 600 watt single ended open hood. Personally I'd go 750 watt de or cmh630

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

8 ft is a no go for gavitas on 1000 watt you will want the 750 watt de bulbs (which can go in any fixture as long as it's not dialed over 750) otherwise 1000 watt air cooled or 600 watt single ended open hood. Personally I'd go 750 watt de or cmh630
LOL dude.
He probably has a standard ballast if he's new, like a Solistek or lumitek. Just to be sure OP, what lighting/ballast you have in there?
Back to Terp, that's a very fast assumption on lighting and can confuse New members.
1000w in 8ft gives room to grow.

The Terps

The Terps

I doubt any one wants last years tech buy right buy once. Environment is key I'm talking about ac for de lighting you want 6000-7500 btus of cooking power per 1000 watt if your not going to go that rought go air cooled or like zen says

Top Bottom