Spanish or portugese farmers help!

• Thread starter fishwhistle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Im looking for a recipe for authentic portugese beans,I tried some recently at a portugese social club event and loved them so i found some recipes online to try and duplicate them but something is missing or not quite right,the ones i had were pinto beans i think and i know there was linguica in them but i cant quite figure the spices out,they are delicious and winters coming and i thought this would be a great recipe to learn.By the way i asked for the recipe at the social club and the 65+ year old guy stirring this huge 50+ gallon pot of beans with a wooden boat oar just laughed and said his mom would kill him if he gave it out!I also tried some sangria there that was nothing like the BS sangria ive tried here so if you have a recipe for that throw it up too!

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

if i cant find a good international recipe on regular google, i switch to that country's google. usually have to translate some stuff, but its a much easier way to find authentic recipes than digging through every 30 minute meal rendition on allrecipes or something.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Ohhh man I have so many portuguese friends, people thought I was a green horn growing up!!! I got you buddy give me a some time but I will ask around and see what I can find. BTW they arent called social events :D its call a festa. lol next time try the pork sandwich, I still go to the festas just to buy them.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Been to Portugal, incerdable food, drink, women, beaches.. Also have a buddy from there hes a chef, will ask him....

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Hell yeah thanks guys,i found an old porty dairyman and hes supposed to get me his wifes recipe,he also turned me on to a portugese market that makes their own authentic linguica.

Top Bottom