Specific Nutes For Specific Growing Mediums?

• Thread starter kbellfoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I'm brand new at this. Just set up my first grow using canna soil. Is it better to by a nute for soil specifically? Iv noticed there is some for hydroponic grows and some for soil grows. I have bought a 2 part nute supplement by a company called Bio bizz. It has a green and a bloom bottle for veg and flowering. The bottle states it's suitable for ALL growing media-hydro or soil. Thoughts anyone plz? Thanks

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Sorry I don't get what u mean...I'm brand new and don't understand the lingo yet lol. Thanks for your reply :)

derkaderk

derkaderk

Since you are in soil I would urge you to stay organic. Biobizz is fine I'm sure, and a pretty decent price point too.

I got tired of researching which bottle would be best for me, and focused that energy into researching how to make my own.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Ah sounds like a good idea. I did read a thread about making your own but I don't think it's for me. Tbh I was the same...so many to choose from...and the prices man!!! I don't wanna be tight but I am on a small budget so didn't wanna waste like £50 on nutes I know nothing about. Thanks for the input :)

The Terps

The Terps

It's pretty simple some mediums have less buffer or no buffer at all soils and peat should have plenty but mediums like coco and rockwool do not so. So nutrient company just made it easy on growers. With coco and hydro nutrients they just up the amount of cal mag to compensate for the lack of buffer in the medium. So you can use soil nutes on hydro you just may need extra cal mag.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Ah right thanks for that. It's much easier to understand now. Much appreciated

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

Keep it simple for your first grow and stick to the base nutrients you have already bought. That way if you run into issues it will be much easier to diagnose what is going on and not have to worry about juggling 10 different bottles. Trust me that can get old quick.

Top Bottom