Spectracide W/ Triazicide Dosage Question For Root Aphids.

• Thread starter eyeball
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eyeball

eyeball

I've read alot of advice for root aphids and I've been successful with flooding rockwool cubes in my tables over night with 11 ml per gal of spectracide. (Thank you @Seamaiden.) This killed the regular root aphids. Now I'm dealing with the little white micro aphids. I'm unable to flood so I hand watered, saturated the cubes with 11 ml per gallon and it didn't do shit. So my question is, what dosage should I use? I've read anywhere from 5ml to 1.5 oz per gal. Plants are on day 25 and I usually cut around day 68- 75. I'm also thinking about bagging each cube with a 1 gal plastic bag zip tied full of diluted spectrazide. Again I'm dealing with the little white micro aphids. apologize for starting another root aphid thread.
Eyeball.

eyeball

eyeball

Since I can't seem to find what dosage works. I'll do a test on two plants. One with 15ml of spectracide and the other with 25 ml of spectracide soaking for 24hrs .
20170418 170554

I'll post my findings.
I'm thinking about taking 6 plants where I don't grow and doing a side by side experiment using all the different types of recommended root aphid extermination techniques.

eyeball

eyeball

Update; I'm not dealing with root aphids, I've got bulb mites. So, the 15 ml of spec still had some moving and 25ml of spec seemed like they were gone, but after scoping for awhile I found one. So I refilled the bags with 30 mils of spec and will go another 24 hr. Next I will try two different cubes with undiluted ogbiowar brew. I posted pictures and video of the bulb mites on another thread. I'll update again tomorrow

Issack

Issack

Just do a og biowar full strength root drench when light's go out 4 days in a row. Your problem will be solved I promise.

eyeball

eyeball

Just do a og biowar full strength root drench when light's go out 4 days in a row. Your problem will be solved I promise.

Why apply when the lights go out? When you say 4 days in a row, are you recommending a fresh brew everyday for 4 days. This will work for Bulb mites, yes?
Thanks Issack.

Issack

Issack

It will kill any mite. Go check out nutrients and fertilizers on this site and go to capulators bennys. Ton of good info on there about beneficial microbes.
I killed Russets mites and root afids with this fast, with just the foliar pack. 2 weeks onto flower. Russets are the worst ever. As well as RA's. Bulb mites, it will suffocate and smother them. Here is what i do for a infestation problem of any kind on the roots..
6 tbls of biowar foliar, to 5 gallons of non chlorinated water. 100 mil of non sulfer molasses. 2 cups worm castings. I put castings in a paint strainer bag.
Add molasses and castings first to water then ph to 6.5 7.0 then add the 6 tbls biowar. Put a air stone on it for 24 hours. Then turn off and let settle. Then flood your cubes with that.
When Light's out the microbes saturate and it gives it time for the magic to work. Do this 4 days straight and then you will kill them. You will kill them in 2 days actually, I just do an extra 2 just to make sure. I also make a batch up everyday and pore some in my res with my nutes. No more issues now. Best shit I've ever came across hands down. It's saved me from big losses. I use it religiously now on my Outdoors as well, and I don't have any spider mites or anything anymore.

eyeball

eyeball

Thank you thank you! I didn't know about the lights out part.

Issack

Issack

Forgot to mention i do use the root pack too. ad that in with foliar pack as as well.
If a Mite infestation is present on your plants, then do this method and spray when lights go out for 4 days straight.

eyeball

eyeball

Update; spectracide @ 30 mils per gallon 48hr full soak did not kill the Bulb mites nor do any damage to the roots or plants. So I guess you can go higher.
As a note; I killed Root Aphids with 11mil of spectracide with a 24hr soak. I'm now going to flush out the spectracide and start a Ogbiowar tea.
I have only 10 scoops of each root and foliar left. So that will only make me 12gal of concentrated tea. I'll have to dilute it 1 to 3 part dilution to make 55 gallons of tea to be able to water every cube. I'll order more so I can do 3 to 4 days of flush.
I'll keep updating as I go.

Issack

Issack

Update; spectracide @ 30 mils per gallon 48hr full soak did not kill the Bulb mites nor do any damage to the roots or plants. So I guess you can go higher.
As a note; I killed Root Aphids with 11mil of spectracide with a 24hr soak. I'm now going to flush out the spectracide and start a Ogbiowar tea.
I have only 10 scoops of each root and foliar left. So that will only make me 12gal of concentrated tea. I'll have to dilute it 1 to 3 part dilution to make 55 gallons of tea to be able to water every cube. I'll order more so I can do 3 to 4 days of flush.
How many cubes you have.? I have 48 2 gal pots I deal with. I just pull my pump out of my feed reservoir and stick it in a 5 gal of 24 hour full strength and unload it. Sometimes it takes 8 gallons to get it saturated till run off. You want to use full strength drenches to kill an infestation. Another tip to save on the biowar. When you use the tea after you let it settle. Just add back ro water to the stuff left over at the bottom of the bucket. And add more molasses and castings for food. Those are still good living microbes in there. U only add half of the biowar to keep a continuous tea going

eyeball

eyeball

How many cubes you have.? I have 48 2 gal pots I deal with. I just pull my pump out of my feed reservoir and stick it in a 5 gal of 24 hour full strength and unload it. Sometimes it takes 8 gallons to get it saturated till run off. You want to use full strength drenches to kill an infestation. Another tip to save on the biowar. When you use the tea after you let it settle. Just add back ro water to the stuff left over at the bottom of the bucket. And add more molasses and castings for food. Those are still good living microbes in there. U only add half of the biowar to keep a continuous tea going

I have 200 6x6 cubes at the moment and that will double as soon as I transplant my cuts.
It takes about 30 gal for little run off if my cubes are under normal watering schedule and 50 gal if I let them dry out a bit.
I sent an email to OGBIOWAR asking if I can just use the FP for the Bulb mites infestation and then go back to normal FP and RP after for maintenance. I haven't herd back yet. Ive been using Caps bennies for awhile now and I think 1gal brew to 100 gal rez is too diluted.
Hopefully they will be at the high times cup this weekend and I can pick up a kilo. I've never been to the cup or any such cannibis event. I just want to check out all the new tech.
Hey Issac thanks for all your input it's much appreciated and I'll keep updating this thread as I go.

Issack

Issack

No problem bro. Always up for sharing what worked for me.
And just the foliar worked for my russet mites when I has the problem. Good luck man. !! Aloha

R

rascali

OK, just so that you know - at those concentrations, for that period of time, your plants now hold a concentration of pesticide that would fail any official contamination testing.

Furthermore, flushing that pesticide out is a fantasy at best, but more likely just a weak rationalization for purveying craven flowers. And of course your next great hope, BHO or Clear is also for shit - because pesticides concentrate along with all the other stuff.

Old adage, "Look before you leap" and a new one for you - "Smoke your Own"

eyeball

eyeball

OK, just so that you know - at those concentrations, for that period of time, your plants now hold a concentration of pesticide that would fail any official contamination testing.

Furthermore, flushing that pesticide out is a fantasy at best, but more likely just a weak rationalization for purveying craven flowers. And of course your next great hope, BHO or Clear is also for shit - because pesticides concentrate along with all the other stuff.

Old adage, "Look before you leap" and a new one for you - "Smoke your Own"

Recommended dosage on the label is 1.5 oz per gallon, that's 45 ml.
If you read the tittle I was asking for advice. It is recommended in many threads here on the farm to use it.
Just Google thcfarmer/ spectracide with triazicide. I got the two day soak idea from Seamaden. Also I only soaked 2 cubes, the rest were watered with 11 mil of spectracide which is 4th of the recommended dosage. "Ok just so you know" spectracide is not systemic, so that means it's not in my plant, it's in the medium. I don't know about you, but I don't smoke my rockwool with roots, in fact I don't smoke roots. Not sure what your smoking but I'd advice you to stop!

cottageman

cottageman

I am about to do the 11ml per gallong 24hr soak for my root aphid problem. It did not harm your plants at all even letting it soak overnight?

dark

dark

so i’m a first time grower an i’m looking for some ways to keep bugs off my plants. will spectracide triazicide insect killer work help out with that.? if so how would i go about adding it with my plant.?

Latest posts

Top Bottom