Spectrum King Leds - Anybod Using These?

• Thread starter motherlode
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tags420

tags420

fan cooled thanks bro.. have just been watching and waiting
Sorry I missed it.
You don't need that big of sinks. That will save you cash and weight.

5.8 profiles line up great with 140mm fans
4.9 profiles line up great with 120mm fans
They have almost identical cooling abilities. And 36" is plenty for a ~200w actively cooled bar with either.

One fan per bar at 12v will be enough for the bar. You can add a thin sheet of metal over the fins to force air all the way out the ends. Sometimes that helps with longer sinks and single fans.

I let my 36" 5.8's with cxA's(~46%) run passively to see and they would have ran for as long as I wanted. Not ideal temps, but you'll be dealing with the cxB and higher efficiency, so even if things go wrong, it will all be fine till you get to it.

Last edited:
iceman3000

iceman3000

Sorry I missed it.
You don't need that big of sinks. That will save you cash and weight.

5.8 profiles line up great with 140mm fans
4.9 profiles line up great with 120mm fans
They have almost identical cooling abilities. And 36" is plenty for a ~200w actively cooled bar with either.

One fan per bar at 12v will be enough for the bar. You can add a thin sheet of metal over the fins to force air all the way out the ends. Sometimes that helps with longer sinks and single fans.
help me out a min whats the best cobs you can get today the cxa 3590 4k bin BD cant find any CXB right now and as for the 3500k whats your input on them?

tags420

tags420

help me out a min whats the best cobs you can get today the cxa 3590 4k bin BD cant find any CXB right now and as for the 3500k whats your input on them?
Kingbrite(jerry) on alibaba has a good stock of crees at all times with no mins. Usually always has top bins of standard spectrums. And way cheaper than mouser or digi, or any other singles distributor. ~47$ if I remember. 40$ DHL so make the order count if you can. Or it's 10$ china post...not a horrible option if trying to save a few.
No one has had an issue so far. And all test have shown to be legit bins. So for singles and low counts, they are the best and cheapest place.

3500k CD is top available from what I've seen publically.

thank @REALSTYLES

iceman3000

iceman3000

whats you feel on the 4 and 35 mix have been watch your vids for a yr now always look for the next one lol like the look of the 4k but the 3k has the stander typical structure of the hps you see here in so cal..

keiksweat

keiksweat

sos if I sound stupid but why don't you all use a mix of all available like 3k 35k 4k n whatever else you can full spec

F

FruityNutBar

Yeah your right, I do talk alot of shit and find myself going off on a tangent, especially when I'm really high. I also nicked the dick size analogy from a very very funny comedian called George Carlin, who is no longer with us he died a few years ago. You can see a lot of his stand up acts through YouTube, for anyone that is not familiar with his work I'd urge anyone to spend just a few minutes to watch him.
Thanks iceman for the information on building a diy led, I think I'd go for high performance philips rebel along with specialized infrared LEDs (checking out LEDengine for those) I would also use a digital driver, than a traditional ac/dc led driver that way you get intelligent data handling and a smooth, precise drive. The digital driver will be able to diagnose, adjust and be fully automated, so if say for some reason the ambient temperature gets to an unsafe point my driver will react and dim the LEDs so the light still stays on but the module and driver are not at risk of overheating, also I like the idea of a light having an unique digital address so I would have access/request a diagnostics of temperature, power consumption and overall run times and a lot of other useful data. I'd also opt for a different cooling method than just fans, maybe an active coolant solution that produce turbulant jets of air across the heatsink which would make for a near silent cooling, by using a frictionless oscillating magnetic diaphragm, so aswell as the light being whisper quiet it would also give it up to a 200,000 hour life span, so the Nuventix synjet, would be my choice.

iceman3000

iceman3000

all right talk to jerry and he will have 3500k in 15 day now thinking i'm going to run 12 3500k looks like the best of both worlds when you go back and check out the yr of RD that (tag) has given us to go off..

iceman3000

iceman3000

We will see how good the SK450 is my bro just picked up 4 of them for a RD run 2 per 4x8 tray will take some pics of his run and post in coming weeks as im still going to do the diy thing my self and rock 2 of them to compare the two set ups (gram per watt) i still believe its all about the square footage not the amount of light as long as you are comparing apples to apples..

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

I'm testing right now how low wattage high yield will be with my lights and the lights you are going to make

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

I met the guy from Spectrum King the one on the video and I will be buying one to test and compare to my light after my next harvest he is a very cool dude REAL TALK. I forgot to mention that he saw me at the grow show and he loves my Mars smashing video lol. Spectrum King is only 16 miles away from me. Go figure here's 372 watts of my light in action 4x4 tent 4 plants 22 days of veg

SAM 0840

iceman3000

iceman3000

thats the 4 plants per 4x4 you are on right now? if so see its all bout the sog. style
but you are running 2 fixture so 372 x2 ? 740 watts or so? eather way looks great

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

@keiksweat Here you go I flipped to flower yesterday and set up the 2nd trellis. I will edit the video so I can put it up on youtube next

SAM 0848

SAM 0849

Remember only 12 plants out of all the pics.

Junk

Junk

you can by trellis netting for like 3 bucks at any HD or Lowes

Gracias! I've never noticed it there.

I actually don't want to use it for a trellis, probably why I didn't even think of it. I had an idea for my window cleaning co, and when I saw the pic, it just clicked!

Wisher619

Wisher619

yeah it is in the garden section where all the tree ties and wood/bamboo/Plastic plant stakes are....

Latest posts

Top Bottom