Spectrum King Leds - Anybod Using These?

• Thread starter motherlode
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

Can't argue with that. I'm curious about why you prefer mag ballasts over digital. RF interference concerns or cost?
I like the fact that you can fix them. I have ballasts for life. If the ever break, it's $60 to fix.

E's are throwaway, & not cheap either.

I do like the RF feature because I don't wan to be a dick neighbor.

I do have a couple e ballasts. One is running now & I can say, without a doubt, it's noticeably brighter than the mag ballasts. It's unmistakeable. & I know that E's can test with much higher par output. It would be neat to see what the same run on e's would have looked like.

In short, I just run them because it's what I've run.

Junk

Junk

yeah but your getting money back in the lower power bills so yes at first price is high.but savings start right away over hid.those gavitas run around 450.each you can get those mars panels for that.but im reading mixed reviews on the mars .
I've used the mars panels (not the new ones)

I prefer HID. The mars kills it in frost though. But bud size just isn't there.

Wisher619

Wisher619

if you guys didnt know.....SK....ARE....high bay fixtures.....but correct it is the chip set and drivers that matter.....

http://www.brightlightled.net
this is the parent company....they have been at this for along time guys....they actually supplied my entire city with retrofit LED street lights
the housing is pretty much universal.....
what is inside is really what matters

MidniteGardener

MidniteGardener

Well that dont mean shit because its the leds and drivers that do the growing who cares where the housing comes from. Its about whats within

Then for that matter SK also probably orders their leds and drivers in bulk from China, so that means the entire light does indeed come from China. Only assembled in USA :)

Even if they use Cree then still big deal. Anyone can order a housing from alibaba and slap whatever chips they want in it. That doesn't make it bad but it sure as hell doesn't make it anything special or groundbreaking. Besides small wattage leds are fading out and giving way to higher wattage cobs with better footprint and lower cost.

Reactions: km1
Wisher619

Wisher619

Actually all thee stuff is made in house....if anyone who talks shit can actually go online and see videos of there facility in Los Angeles....or you can go there in person and take a tour of the facility.....and they will show you what they are doing.....
I dont think anyone is coming out with anything groundbreaking besides maybe philios or viola....who both came out with the bar concept and then companys like BML and Illumitex just strapped them to a beam and called it a day

D

Djloud

Then for that matter SK also probably orders their leds and drivers in bulk from China, so that means the entire light does indeed come from China. Only assembled in USA :)

Even if they use Cree then still big deal. Anyone can order a housing from alibaba and slap whatever chips they want in it. That doesn't make it bad but it sure as hell doesn't make it anything special or groundbreaking. Besides small wattage leds are fading out and giving way to higher wattage cobs with better footprint and lower cost.
Why are u arguing a loosing argument. I own a couple sks and the flat out kick ass. Yes they use cree leds and meanwell drivers. Meanwell is Taiwan and cree is usa. Sk is built in usa . and the components that matter are top shelf. Flat out. Ill say it againg fuck the housing, the question is does the light work? The answer is yes it does and very well. The quality that comes from these lights is unmatched by any hps. That has been proven time and time again. And no im not biast against hps, i also run a couple gavita 6/750 and love em.

basseye

basseye

Why are u arguing a loosing argument. I own a couple sks and the flat out kick ass. Yes they use cree leds and meanwell drivers. Meanwell is Taiwan and cree is usa. Sk is built in usa . and the components that matter are top shelf. Flat out. Ill say it againg fuck the housing, the question is does the light work? The answer is yes it does and very well. The quality that comes from these lights is unmatched by any hps. That has been proven time and time again. And no im not biast against hps, i also run a couple gavita 6/750 and love em.
do you have any pics of the plants under the sk panels ?

km1

km1

i used one sk 400+ to flower this run..

tons of resin,healthy plants..but compared to the same ones under a 1kw hps..naaaah

it is used for serious veg as of now..

D

Djloud

I dont see how cobs save cost. For me to put together a cob unit with top of the line components that will compare to a sk will cost over 1000 where is the savings. Im talkin like cree cxb 3590 and meanwell drivers the newer 240s

basseye

basseye

eating-popcorn-03.gif

km1

km1

quote:
I dont see how cobs save cost. For me to put together a cob unit with top of the line components that will compare to a sk will cost over 1000 where is the savings. Im talkin like cree cxb 3590 and meanwell drivers the newer 240s

>>they may not save "costs"..but they sure look like they work a lot better than the spectrumking 400+

i see zero nice SK grows other than the sk site...there are piles of awesome looking cree 3070. 3590 grows..
after what i piad for it do you think i really wanted to go make my own?

and it was basically a side by side test..its great for veg..

Wisher619

Wisher619

for the SK grows.....look to Remo or John Berfelo
as for COB's
This guy kills it on a 4x8 tray for around $2,500.00
so that is about$625.00 per 2x4 panel.....I think that is pertty badass if you ask me

D

Djloud

for the SK grows.....look to Remo or John Berfelo
as for COB's
This guy kills it on a 4x8 tray for around $2,500.00
so that is about$625.00 per 2x4 panel.....I think that is pertty badass if you ask me
I kill a 4× 8 with 2 sk for 2500. To each his own. Understand too that the sk is 450 watt producing great results. I know of a guy that pulled over 8 lb with 4 sk and one gavita. Results dont lie. Not everyone gets good results with hps. Its all about the grower and how the equipment is used

Wisher619

Wisher619

so the guy on the youtube chanel
His panel total I think is 835 w....so very similar

km1

km1

gee...i work my brains out..get very resinous but way undersize buds from my sk400+..
while the same hps grown side by side plants..look pretty darn good
and you grow led plants that for 4 weeks..look like they are at week 8..
...i am not worthy

D

Djloud

gee...i work my brains out..get very resinous but way undersize buds from my sk400+..
while the same hps grown side by side plants..look pretty darn good
and you grow led plants that for 4 weeks..look like they are at week 8..
...i am not worthy
All u gotta do is keep some distance from the lights when u flip . them lights are crazy intence and they will bleach ur leaves. Its a learning curve buddy they just dont grow the same as hps. I have to up the ppm of my nutrients under the led. The results size wise is similar to my gavita but the led has way more frost

Latest posts

Top Bottom