Speed Controller suggestions??

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

don't use the one for fans, it isn't the right kind, rather use a router speed controller. they are about 19 bucks through harbor freight

C

cymbaline

don't use the one for fans, it isn't the right kind, rather use a router speed controller. they are about 19 bucks through harbor freight
They both are the same thing, one just is cheaper because it isn't marketed to the grow industry. The guts are the same though. eg: triac circuit

They both are the same thing, one just is cheaper because it isn't marketed to the grow industry. The guts are the same though. eg: triac circuit

I'm not sure you are correct. I thought I had read some of the specs on ceiling fan controllers and there was something that made me decide to go with the HF one.

bought one of those speedsters for my sunleaves and it sucked.
It exchanged the whoosh of air with a mighty hum. After reading and understanding how those work, I rather just deal with the noise of the fan and save the life of my fan.
I'm told some fans work great with these and some like my sunleaves don't.
So for me they are a pos and mine is collecting dust. The variac is the proper way to go if you want to do it right. Or find one of those temp controllers to turn your fan on/off and run it full speed while on. I played this game a year plus ago..

I saw at Frys one of those speed reducers that Can sells for like 250 bucks. theirs was like 70.

Tman42

Tman42

Bought one of these from harbor freight and it was a POS for my max fan 8". Try to turn it down at all and it sounded horrible. Just thought i would share my experience with the router controller/speedster speed controllers.

you might have a bad one as mine doesn't make any noise with my max fan.

the real nice units adjust for voltage to keep the noise down

Top Bottom