Spider farm SF1000

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A quick question about this light is it big enough to grow 4 plants under it in a 3x3 tent . Regards OD .

You would need a 2000 or maybe even better 2 1000’s mounted diagonally across for better coverage. Lined up point to point.

Or for better coverage of that square a 315 cmh in an open vertical reflector in my opinion.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yep as I thought the guy from spider farm wants me to do a review on the sf 1000 light I had to decline no need for a light that won’t cut the mustard he recons I can grow 4 plants under the 1000 , cheers BurnzYzBudZz.
That guy is a jack ass. Sf4000 would massacre 4 plants though.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yep I was think
You would need a 2000 or maybe even better 2 1000’s mounted diagonally across for better coverage. Lined up point to point.

Or for better coverage of that square a 315 cmh in an open vertical reflector in my opinion.
ing the same thing .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yep as I thought the guy from spider farm wants me to do a review on the sf 1000 light I had to decline no need for a light that won’t cut the mustard he recons I can grow 4 plants under the 1000 , cheers BurnzYzBudZz.

Yeah me too. And the 2000 is really for a 2x4 space. They are a bit underpowered compared to say hlg or even kingbrite.

I am pretty sure spider farmer is another budget lamp from meiju but copying mars marketing and business model.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yeah me too. And the 2000 is really for a 2x4 space. They are a bit underpowered compared to say hlg or even kingbrite.

I am pretty sure spider farmer is another budget lamp from meiju but copying mars marketing and business model.
You hit the nail on the head with that one. Are they hitting everyone up to run a grow for em? I have no issue with the light but for them to say 4 plants under it?! They are shoot if themselves in the foot by saying that.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
You hit the nail on the head with that one. Are they hitting everyone up to run a grow for em? I have no issue with the light but for them to say 4 plants under it?! They are shoot if themselves in the foot by saying that.
Not being an LED light user till a few weeks ago was the reason I asked the question, glad I did or I would of have to give his lights a bad review. Od .

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Not being an LED light user till a few weeks ago was the reason I asked the question, glad I did or I would of have to give his lights a bad review. Od .
Don’t get me wrong OD. It’s a great beginner light. Dimmable, low heat, and pretty well manufactured. It would do great as a light for clones dimmed a bit just for less intensity. Cheers brotha

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Their 4 panel one is marketed to replace 1000 watt hps but i think i can beat it with a 600 hps.

That is a side by side i can and would consider trying. If it beat my 600 in the blockbuster reflector i would be impressed at 430 or so watts.

The hype around the 315 cmh sure wasnt true though. The 600 smoked the 315.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Don’t get me wrong OD. It’s a great beginner light. Dimmable, low heat, and pretty well manufactured. It would do great as a light for clones dimmed a bit just for less intensity. Cheers brotha
Yes I understand mate just at my age I don’t need anything more to clutter up my space I can see he wants me to lie about the light I’m not that guy he wants that’s all .

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

They approached me via PM about a month ago with likely a similar offer, didn't get so far as to discuss the particulars with them, I told them no thanks

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Hey guys looking for your input on some inexpensive led lights, I'm not an led guy , use hps for everything, but hey times are changing lol, but cheaper to run and probably the way of the future, So to break it down in small areas, I want a light for cloning say 4x4 area, and a light for veg only, to veg the rooted clones to a foot high or maybe 1.5 feet before they good to my grow rooms for rest of veg and flower, what would I need for a light to cover a 4x4 area for veg, the lights I'm looking at are spider farm sf 1000, mars hydro ts 1000 , Mars Reflector Series 96 and viparspectra reflector series 450w. Are any of these light any good and are they big enough for what I want. Thanks for any info.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I’m using VA600 Viparspectra in my 2x2x5 full spectrum just done veg to flower grow in it with great results , my first led I’m not a light guy just a bud grower me do good ..... I’ve got SF2000 in my 3x3 getting ready to do a grow journal using the SF , look people will love n damn you at same time no matter what light you buy I’m over all the controversy about lights it’s like a Dick measuring contest buy a light grow a crop it ain’t that bigger deal to me but that’s just my 2 bits . Od .

FCBarca

FCBarca

So in putting together equipment for a grow tent I inadvertently purchased the SF1000 for ultimately a 2x4 tent - what would be the best mitigation now (Assuming I cannot return/exchange it)?

Connecting a 2nd SF1000 in tandem/series?

pilto

pilto

So in putting together equipment for a grow tent I inadvertently purchased the SF1000 for ultimately a 2x4 tent - what would be the best mitigation now (Assuming I cannot return/exchange it)?

Connecting a 2nd SF1000 in tandem/series?
That is what I would do. Perfect veg tent setup, really. Have two lights so you can have them at different levels. I have a 2x4 veg tent where I start my clones and keep my mother plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom