Spider Farmer 4000- first time farming

• Thread starter HarryHood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HarryHood

HarryHood

Hello Farmers! Finally up and running! Welcome to my very first grow. I've been gifted a few seeds of Banana Daddy and Pluto Cut autos. Here's my setup-

Tent- 4x4x6.5
Light- Spider Farmer 4000 from start to finish utilizing dimming capabilities
Fans- Cloudline T6 for exhaust and Cloudline T4 for intake
Humidifier
Monkey Fans

I soaked my seeds in water for close to 20hrs and placed them directly into 5 gallon smart pots not completely filled with FFOF as the bulk of the medium, and a good layer of Happy Frog for where the seedlings have been planted.

I'm running an 18/6 schedule with the light set below 20% as the seedlings are receiving roughly 6000k (apologies if my terminology is off) from 20 inches
RH is set at 75
Temp set at 75 degrees

Did I go overboard with this setup? Am I missing anything integral? Seeing as I'm doing 4 autos what would be a good soil amending nutrient schedule to follow after the first 30 days of FFOF nutrients are depleted. Any and all help/criticism is appreciated

Tommy57

Tommy57

I've been looking at a very similar tent size and light set up. I've been looking around shopping and you did a very good job of getting what ya need. For a first timer, top notch, or close. Rh seems high, but I'm no professional. I keep mine between 40-60%. I wasn't planning on getting an intake fan, but that's a matter of choice. I don't think one is needed if one can get air into the tent with the 6 inch exhaust IMO.
I say Good Job!!!
I've been a farmer for years, I'm in the initial stages of this new project, new hobby and your post excited me. lol.

HarryHood

HarryHood

Cool! Thanks for the information, tomatoesarecoolto.

I've read that with autos I should start with about a quarter of what you might use for photos, does that sound correct? Should I start nutes somewhere around the 5th week?
Also, I've read that using a table spoon of unsulphulred molases mixed into ph water a few times during the grow is beneficial, or am I totally wrong?

HarryHood

HarryHood

Tommy- that's awesome that my post excited you. My RH is high now as I've read that initially it's good for the seedlings. As a matter of fact they went into the soil today so if that's a definite no-no I can adjust that anytime? Good luck with your new project!

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

I t
Tommy- that's awesome that my post excited you. My RH is high now as I've read that initially it's good for the seedlings. As a matter of fact they went into the soil today so if that's a definite no-no I can adjust that anytime? Good luck with your new project!
Seems like a great set up. Very similar to my own (first time grower). I have spider farmer sf 2000 and infinity t4 in a 2x4 tent.

I think you are starting at the correct humidity levels. As the plants grow, its typical to lower humidity to about 60 untill flowering starts. Once flowering, keeping RH below 60 seems to be agreeable.

Much Love
AndyBoi 🖖

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Cool! Thanks for the information, tomatoesarecoolto.

I've read that with autos I should start with about a quarter of what you might use for photos, does that sound correct? Should I start nutes somewhere around the 5th week?
Also, I've read that using a table spoon of unsulphulred molases mixed into ph water a few times during the grow is beneficial, or am I totally wrong?

Never grown autos so idk

I amend my photos about every 3-4 weeks with a mix of dry amendment and worm castings.

Got some liquid fish and kelp sitting on the shelf. I don’t use them much but its good to have something fast acting ready incase you run into an issue.

Lots of people have opinions either way on molasses. I have only used it in teas, so I don’t have much of an opinion about it.

HarryHood

HarryHood

AndyBoi- thanks for the information. These Cloudline Infinity fans are incredible! Definitely not cheap, but they sure move air. The ability to hook up 2 to one controller/setting is nice.
What distances and dimming percentages (seedling, veg, flower) have you been using with your light? Good luck with your grow!

tomatoesarecoolto- right on! Thanks for letting me know about liquid fish and kelp.

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Hello Farmers! Finally up and running! Welcome to my very first grow. I've been gifted a few seeds of Banana Daddy and Pluto Cut autos. Here's my setup-

Tent- 4x4x6.5
Light- Spider Farmer 4000 from start to finish utilizing dimming capabilities
Fans- Cloudline T6 for exhaust and Cloudline T4 for intake
Humidifier
Monkey Fans

I soaked my seeds in water for close to 20hrs and placed them directly into 5 gallon smart pots not completely filled with FFOF as the bulk of the medium, and a good layer of Happy Frog for where the seedlings have been planted.

I'm running an 18/6 schedule with the light set below 20% as the seedlings are receiving roughly 6000k (apologies if my terminology is off) from 20 inches
RH is set at 75
Temp set at 75 degrees

Did I go overboard with this setup? Am I missing anything integral? Seeing as I'm doing 4 autos what would be a good soil amending nutrient schedule to follow after the first 30 days of FFOF nutrients are depleted. Any and all help/criticism is appreciated
Welcom to THCfarmer, hope Spider Farmer SF2000 can help you have a great harvest lol

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

AndyBoi- thanks for the information. These Cloudline Infinity fans are incredible! Definitely not cheap, but they sure move air. The ability to hook up 2 to one controller/setting is nice.
What distances and dimming percentages (seedling, veg, flower) have you been using with your light? Good luck with your grow!

tomatoesarecoolto- right on! Thanks for letting me know about liquid fish and kelp.
I think I started around 60% for the first couple weeks, then went to full power and have been there since. May have been a little excessive 🤷‍♂️
I have followed the spider farmer recommended distances through out the entire grow. Usually staying in the closer end of the recommended range. For example, I am currently in flower, recommended distance is 12-18 inches, i keep top of canopy around 12.5 - 15 inches.

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
You sure give yourself some safe gear to start with ! Those seed will feel lost a little in a 5 gal maybe no ? I would have started a little smaller and transplant.

HarryHood

HarryHood

I think I started around 60% for the first couple weeks, then went to full power and have been there since. May have been a little excessive 🤷‍♂️
I have followed the spider farmer recommended distances through out the entire grow. Usually staying in the closer end of the recommended range. For example, I am currently in flower, recommended distance is 12-18 inches, i keep top of canopy around 12.5 - 15 inches.

Ok, cool. I actually raised mine a little while ago to just about 24 inches above the soil as I was unsure if I was too close at 20 inches. I'm at about 20% and am still getting a reading of 6k on my lux meter which I'm told is in the range it needs to be for seedlings (5k-10k) so I feel confident I guess? Lol

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Ok, cool. I actually raised mine a little while ago to just about 24 inches above the soil as I was unsure if I was too close at 20 inches. I'm at about 20% and am still getting a reading of 6k on my lux meter which I'm told is in the range it needs to be for seedlings (5k-10k) so I feel confident I guess? Lol
You should check but im not sure Lux Meter and LED are really compatible...like...read's may be wrong cause its LED or so it was more a PAR meter that when you look at the output efficiency....but still with LED it was unclear to me !

HarryHood

HarryHood

You sure give yourself some safe gear to start with ! Those seed will feel lost a little in a 5 gal maybe no ? I would have started a little smaller and transplant.

Lol. Thanks!

They were out of 3 gallon pots at the store so I had to go with the 5. I've read it's best to not transplant autos, or did I read that wrong?

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Lol. Thanks!

They were out of 3 gallon pots at the store so I had to go with the 5. I've read it's best to not transplant autos, or did I read that wrong?
oh, if that may, im out of knowledge on auto to be honest 😆 seem logical !

HarryHood

HarryHood

You should check but im not sure Lux Meter and LED are really compatible...like...read's may be wrong cause its LED or so it was more a PAR meter that when you look at the output efficiency....but still with LED it was unclear to me !

Oh no! I had no idea. I thought they were close to the same thing

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Your plants will let you know 🙂

Top Bottom