Spider Farmer 4000- first time farming

• Thread starter HarryHood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HarryHood

HarryHood

update- had to take down the worst looking BD the other day. one of the dog's tails beat the ever living hell out of it. totally my fault as i forgot to shut the door when i walked away. it wasn't doing great to begin with then my 250 lb baby's tail crushed it, and a branch off of the other BD, but that beauty hasn't skipped a beat and is flowering and filling out nicely, as are the other plants, but she seems to be a bit ahead of the rest

plants are around 6 weeks old and i just fed them a terp tea of microbe charge, bloom, rhizo magic, molasses, and a touch of liquid seaweed. gonna go with the bloom boost next time i feed

422src

422src

Any pictures? 😉 want to see more
This will probably void the warranty but I extended the the cable from the ballast and placed them outside the tent for heat control. Is there anything negative about doing this for the lights?
IMG 6613

HarryHood

HarryHood

This will probably void the warranty but I extended the the cable from the ballast and placed them outside the tent for heat control. Is there anything negative about doing this for the lights? View attachment 1089575
i don't know if you're voiding anything by doing that, but these lights do not really give off much heat so i don't know if that step is absolutely necessary.

as for height, charts, etc. i haven't found anything other than what they offer in the manual. you'll find that most, if not all, farmers here will measure the light output in either lux or par. if you have a smart phone there are apps that you can download and they will give you a good idea of where you're at output wise. happy growing!

422src

422src

i don't know if you're voiding anything by doing that, but these lights do not really give off much heat so i don't know if that step is absolutely necessary.

as for height, charts, etc. i haven't found anything other than what they offer in the manual. you'll find that most, if not all, farmers here will measure the light output in either lux or par. if you have a smart phone there are apps that you can download and they will give you a good idea of where you're at output wise. happy growing!
Thanks, Great idea for the phone app. True, very little heat from them but I live in the south. It's hot most of the time here and in a 4 x 2 tent any little bit helps.

HarryHood

HarryHood

gotcha, i can see why you took them out. makes total sense.

check out that thread i posted above as there's some good information in there

HarryHood

HarryHood

i'm between week 6-7 with the auto's and gave them a feed today of terp tea consisting of microbe charge (2-1-2), bloom (3-7-4) and bloom booster (.05-6-18), with molasses and a touch of liquid seaweed.
had to raise the light to 16 inches nearing the higher end of the recommended suggestions as i let it get too close and it burnt a few leaves. rookie mistake. started seeing nice pistils and growth and blasted them too much. won't make that mistake again
had a brand new clip-on fan quit on me midway through the day yesterday and replaced it with another. while it was down the temp definitely went up as i thought i heard the cloudline's working a little extra which i thought was odd. turns out the broken fan was the reason.

HarryHood

HarryHood

seeing a few bananas popping-up on my banana hammock plant. guess it's a hermie? should i let it finish, or rip it out? it's got roughly 3-4 weeks left

HarryHood

HarryHood

between the 7-8 week mark and hit them with a strong terp tea (12.5-15-25) yesterday and they're packing on size/weight/frostiness nicely. tent smells great too!

SSgrower

SSgrower

We are poppin! week 16 for my Indica girls. Started nutes 2 days ago, Humbolt Farms Oneness, all in one. Enjoy R&D! Thank's for the views MIM.

20210301 165050 Burst01
thcoso

thcoso

Hello Farmers! Finally up and running! Welcome to my very first grow. I've been gifted a few seeds of Banana Daddy and Pluto Cut autos. Here's my setup-

Tent- 4x4x6.5
Light- Spider Farmer 4000 from start to finish utilizing dimming capabilities
Fans- Cloudline T6 for exhaust and Cloudline T4 for intake
Humidifier
Monkey Fans

I soaked my seeds in water for close to 20hrs and placed them directly into 5 gallon smart pots not completely filled with FFOF as the bulk of the medium, and a good layer of Happy Frog for where the seedlings have been planted.

I'm running an 18/6 schedule with the light set below 20% as the seedlings are receiving roughly 6000k (apologies if my terminology is off) from 20 inches
RH is set at 75
Temp set at 75 degrees

Did I go overboard with this setup? Am I missing anything integral? Seeing as I'm doing 4 autos what would be a good soil amending nutrient schedule to follow after the first 30 days of FFOF nutrients are depleted. Any and all help/criticism is appreciated

How has using the T4 as intake worked? I'm wondering is it necessary since the tent is "supposed" to be air tight; therefore, any opening you make in the then should be the only place air is allowed transfer. So the T6 will pull air only from that opening making the T4 useless. UNLESS, you have discovered that running the T4 WITHOUT the T6 taking the air out is of benefit. Sorry, I didnt notice you placed this link in my thread. I'm seeing this for the first time. I'm been trying to tweak my tent environment to keep temp up and humidity down with moderate success by using T6 for exhaust, my house heat pump for intake (it pulls from my dining room via a 10 ft run of 4 inch duct and a hair dryer mounted inside the tent. It's on a timer that has it coming on at different times depending on need. But I've discovered the hair dryer set to med air and high heat running for 30 - 60 min at a time drastically knocks down the humidity at a rate the T6 can easily remove the excess heat made by the dryer--evening with the lights on.

But if you are having success using 2 cloud line fans, I may do that over the summer with my next grow.

BTW, I just returned from California where I went to buy some brand new genetics. I have 6 seeds for 3 strains from purple city genetics that are supposed to be their top shelf strains. Problem--they are so new that leafy is asking growers for data. The strains are: Lemon Berry Crisps (it's basically the standard Lemon Berry crossed with one of their custom strains), Headband and 14 Bombers. I'll post a thread about them soon. I need to ask peeps here if anyone has grown them and what advice they may have.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Now I'm going to need a 6" inline A/C Infinity as my 4 plants get white pistils at day 14 in flower. So dark green all over except the flowering buds which are lighter, my Debbie's Delight for breeding and cloning.

20210411 064926
HarryHood

HarryHood

How has using the T4 as intake worked? I'm wondering is it necessary since the tent is "supposed" to be air tight; therefore, any opening you make in the then should be the only place air is allowed transfer. So the T6 will pull air only from that opening making the T4 useless. UNLESS, you have discovered that running the T4 WITHOUT the T6 taking the air out is of benefit. Sorry, I didnt notice you placed this link in my thread. I'm seeing this for the first time. I'm been trying to tweak my tent environment to keep temp up and humidity down with moderate success by using T6 for exhaust, my house heat pump for intake (it pulls from my dining room via a 10 ft run of 4 inch duct and a hair dryer mounted inside the tent. It's on a timer that has it coming on at different times depending on need. But I've discovered the hair dryer set to med air and high heat running for 30 - 60 min at a time drastically knocks down the humidity at a rate the T6 can easily remove the excess heat made by the dryer--evening with the lights on.

But if you are having success using 2 cloud line fans, I may do that over the summer with my next grow.

BTW, I just returned from California where I went to buy some brand new genetics. I have 6 seeds for 3 strains from purple city genetics that are supposed to be their top shelf strains. Problem--they are so new that leafy is asking growers for data. The strains are: Lemon Berry Crisps (it's basically the standard Lemon Berry crossed with one of their custom strains), Headband and 14 Bombers. I'll post a thread about them soon. I need to ask peeps here if anyone has grown them and what advice they may have.
i had good success on my last/first grow, got over a 1/2 lb of some great smoke for my rookie outing which i really should update here, using both 6 inch cloudlines. the 4 inch just wouldn't push enough air to really make a difference. i suppose if i wanted to i could still use it as another intake or exhaust if i really had to? and with the way the temps have been swinging up here there's a good chance i'm gonna find out if i need to soon.

with my current grow i'm finding as the season/temps change so is my setup. while not drastic by any means it's certainly noticeable and i've been having to make tweaks accordingly. i've got a programable space heater next to the intake to help manage the humidity spikes and temps as the air is sometimes constantly being pushed out. it definitely helps regulate it. i've also been running my tent during veg a little hotter than last time, around 83 degrees with a 60% humidity and they all seem to be doing ok. doing 5 autos right now. 2 purple punch from barney's. fastberry, strawberry pie, and og bubblegum all from fastbuds. on roughly the 4th week for all of them using nothing but roots organics products!

right on! that's awesome! i'll be on the lookout for your thread. headband is great! one of my favorites. i haven't grown any of those strains, but am looking forward to seeing how it turns out for you

Latest posts

Top Bottom