Spider Farmer G4500 or SE4500

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

I'm going to pull the trigger and buy another tent. I'm going 2x4 and narrowed lights down to the SF G4500 or SE4500. They are within $40 of each other. SE uses LM301B and the G uses Bridgelux but has more diodes. Do you think the SE is worth the extra $40?

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

I'm going to pull the trigger and buy another tent. I'm going 2x4 and narrowed lights down to the SF G4500 or SE4500. They are within $40 of each other. SE uses LM301B and the G uses Bridgelux but has more diodes. Do you think the SE is worth the extra $40?
I would go with SE

Newty

Newty

I would go with SE
Experience or just because it has Samsung Diodes?

SE4500 has a lack of video reviews where's the G4500 has tons, not to mention Migro speaks highly of the G4500.

I just don't know if I'm missing something that makes the SE so much better other then the Samsung Diodes, Bridgelux makes excellent Diodes as well.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I have both. Se is definitely better.
But the g series definitely holds its own.
I run A g4500 & se7000

Both a dope.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Samsung diodes. Probably just me being picky, won't even buy a T.V. unless its Samsung.

I was recently going back and forth between g5000 or se5000 and prefer the se series. Due to not wanting to spend that much cash I doubled down on another Viparspectra xs2000 because they also use Samsung diodes and have the Meanwell driver which has never steered me wrong. With the discount you could get 2 @ 440w advertised total for $340 + tax. They go a little more than 220w they advertise

Newty

Newty

Samsung diodes. Probably just me being picky, won't even buy a T.V. unless its Samsung.

I was recently going back and forth between g5000 or se5000 and prefer the se series. Due to not wanting to spend that much cash I doubled down on another Viparspectra xs2000 because they also use Samsung diodes and have the Meanwell driver which has never steered me wrong. With the discount you could get 2 @ 440w advertised total for $340 + tax. They go a little more than 220w they advertise
I understand, I love Samsung myself whether TVs, Phones, or Diodes.

I'm pretty firm on wanting a bar style light, about the only style I haven't tried.

I was thinking the Mars Hydro FC4000 LM301H EVO but for $100 more I think I like the Spider Farmer options better.

BB22

BB22

I checked out both those lights. It looks like they didn’t fit a 2 x4 tent.?

It was just something that was bugging me man no drama ✌️😀

Newty

Newty

I checked out both those lights. It looks like they didn’t fit a 2 x4 tent.?

It was just something that was bugging me man no drama ✌️😀
Did you look look at the right lights? Lol

Here's G4500
Screenshot 20240302 122222 Samsung Internet

Here's SE4500
Screenshot 20240302 122239 Samsung Internet

Newty

Newty

PURCHASE COMPLETE!!!
RESULTS:

Light - Spider Farmer SE4500, retailer I purchased from let me stack promo codes, $372 I paid!

Tent - Spider Farmer Pro Grade 55"×28×80 I would of purchased another AC Infinity tent but ACI doesn't sell a oversized 4x2 so thought I'd give SF a shot.

Ventilation - AC Infinity Pro T6 kit with Controller 69, I love ACI and have familiarity with their products so I didn't consider anything else.
I'm going to use my AC Infinity Cloudray Gen 1 oscillating clip fans, Gen 2 upgrades were free so I figured I could still use the Gen 1s and save some money.

I'm still thinking of what I'm going to use for planters for this tent.

My long term plan is to make this an Auto tent but I just received some seeds that I can't wait to pop so one of my x Okie strains will be first.

Grower1974

Grower1974

PURCHASE COMPLETE!!!
RESULTS:

Light - Spider Farmer SE4500, retailer I purchased from let me stack promo codes, $372 I paid!

Tent - Spider Farmer Pro Grade 55"×28×80 I would of purchased another AC Infinity tent but ACI doesn't sell a oversized 4x2 so thought I'd give SF a shot.

Ventilation - AC Infinity Pro T6 kit with Controller 69, I love ACI and have familiarity with their products so I didn't consider anything else.
I'm going to use my AC Infinity Cloudray Gen 1 oscillating clip fans, Gen 2 upgrades were free so I figured I could still use the Gen 1s and save some money.

I'm still thinking of what I'm going to use for planters for this tent.

My long term plan is to make this an Auto tent but I just received some seeds that I can't wait to pop so one of my x Okie strains will be first.
Grats!. I used to grow my autos in the tents. Now, only photos grow in the tents. My autos grow right out in open in my grow room on tables. I have 8-10 autos growing perpetually.

Top Bottom