Spider Farmer SF7000 plug melted itself. Mods on Reddit deleted my post trying to share the info

• Thread starter talktosamson507
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

talktosamson507

Hey everyone - at the suggestion of someone on my reddit post I'm sharing this experience on other forums. My light stopped working the other day at lights on, messed with the dimmer a little and it was flickering, staying on real low output, even at full power. Unplugged it and hung up a backup light, emailed SF customer service. They had me check the plug and this was what I discovered.

I posted on Reddit to share with the community and the SF mods deleted my first post. I've reposted again and it's still up. Lots of others reporting similar experiences, both with the product and seemingly more so with the customer service.

I'm curious what people outside of reddit have for input here. This is my first time growing in a newer legal state and I'm wondering - is melting plugs common across manufacturers, or do people tend to have only seen this with certain ones? Appreciate any input/discussion, I'm pretty disappointed but really thankful I didn't lose my plants.

spider-farmer-sf7000-plug-melted-itself-mods-on-reddit-delete-my-post-trying-to-share-the-info-3.jpg
spider-farmer-sf7000-plug-melted-itself-mods-on-reddit-delete-my-post-trying-to-share-the-info-4.jpg

Spider farmer sf7000 plug melted itself mods on reddit delete my post trying to share the info
Last edited:
Top Bottom