Spider Farms 1000 led height New to this.

• Thread starter Rookie1970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rookie1970

Rookie1970

i am growing with a sf1000 led light. How far away from my seedlings in soil do I place the light? Thanks.

SecretGardener

SecretGardener

i am growing with a sf1000 led light. How far away from my seedlings in soil do I place the light? Thanks.

I add a new LED to my last grow and burned the tops, too much light. Now I have a cheap LUX meter, $20 from Amazon and no more guessing. There's info on light levels for different stages of growth.

Rookie1970

Rookie1970

I have a dimmer on the light will that not work? Just curious. Does it make any difference if they are autoflowers?

SecretGardener

SecretGardener

I have a dimmer on the light will that not work? Just curious. Does it make any difference if they are autoflowers?

Yep, I use the dimmer on mine. It just adds another variable, you still are guessing on the light level at the leaf level. Turning down the light or raising it higher both reduce the light level.

I also start seed and clones under florescent light in a smaller space than my main grow area with LEDs.. Not that LED light won't work for seedlings.

Good luck.

growsince79

growsince79

Yep, I use the dimmer on mine. It just adds another variable, you still are guessing on the light level at the leaf level. Turning down the light or raising it higher both reduce the light level.

I also start seed and clones under florescent light in a smaller space than my main grow area with LEDs.. Not that LED light won't work for seedlings.

Good luck.
Agree led can work. But they can't beat cfl and are less forgiving.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Use the chart that came with the light for reference. I keep the 1000 at full power and adjust height only. Up to 48” above. I adjust depending how the plants respond.
the sf1000 is a great veg light.

growsince79

growsince79

Use the chart that came with the light for reference. I keep the 1000 at full power and adjust height only. Up to 48” above. I adjust depending how the plants respond.
the sf1000 is a great veg light.
Hlg 65 or100w- 4000k is great for veg too, but imo nothing beats florescent for seedlings. One day it will happen.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Hlg 65 or100w- 4000k is great for veg too, but imo nothing beats florescent for seedlings. One day it will happen.
Grower already has the light. Wasn’t looking for advice on Florescent, although it works great as well.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I run a Bestva P1000. 24” above at 60% power for 14 hours a day. From seedling on. I increase power before lowering. With seedlings up to 10 days the shorter light hours is important in my opinion. Get good roots first and then pour on the light and increase the hours.

By the way these size lights are only good for vegging a 3’ square area. I use this just to get them into 1 liter containers. But they’re not too much for seedlings.

Top Bottom