spider mite resistant strains?

• Thread starter critical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Werunwild69

Werunwild69

I really doubt it man... the Borg are just too darned adaptable. Because of their fast turnover, they will adapt much faster to resistant plants than the plants are able to adapt to the Borg. It's a zero sum game (IMHO).
I believe you. I have hit them with every fucking chemical know to a farmer. I even tried to bake them. Just how long until I can restart after all plant material is gone I wonder? What is considered a sufficient cleaning? I'm gonna bake the room again, spray everything with miticides, and scrub the walls & floors, filters, fans etc..

420circuit

420circuit

If the environment nearby is infested you may want to expand the treatment area. My yard gets pesticide granuals in the fertilizer spreader, the perimeter of the foundation gets sprayed, including basement window wells, indoors there are sticky traps on the floors, flypaper strips from the ceiling, Diatamaceous Earth on the soil pots, covered with play sand. No outdoor shoes allowed inside, they stay on the porch or in garage. The dog is not allowed in the grow. Invasions like you are battling scare the crap out of me because of all the work required. Careful with all that toxic stuff, there is actual proof that some people have developed cancer after exposure. Not a green fanatic here, but no pesticides are ever on my plants, they would get composted if they got infested. The tent that had 2 gnats got turned into oil, after the gnat problem was figured out. Gnatrol, DE, sand and dryer soil solved the problem that was given to my garden by Mendo Mix soil and my fail to do those things just listed. Good luck with defeating the borg. Tent day 52

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

What is the lifespan of the things? My room and the surroundings are actually really clean other than mites on my plants. I couldn't wait for my seedlings to turn to mothers and so on, then stupidly I picked up several popular clones. I've had issues every time that a clone came in, even after what I thought was a quarantine and mitigating spray before going into my room.

M

mmcxix

I have tried many ways of getting rid of bugs, tried different chemicals and dissinfect thr whole room, changed all my soil, even left the room for months before using it again, bloody thrips still came back.

If you have trouble getting rid of some bugs I really suggest trying neem oil, make your own neem oil spray, few days after spraying you will notice the effect, the bugs are still there but they will behave weird, the neem oil messes with their head or something, their nerve system I think.
I still had bugs for a while after using neem oil but I didn't care because they are confused and stopped destroying my plants.
If you keep spraying weekly, slowly you will see them dissapear.
You have to keep spraying for a while because of the eggs.
Also you can flush your medium with a neem oil solution to affect eggs and also the plant itself will absorb the neem oil in some way so that when bugs eat your plant some of the active part of the neem oil gets in their system.
Really amazing.

If like me you have had problems getting rid of bugs and tried many things, I really really suggest just trying neem oil, I had so much more succes than a lot of expensive products, it really does the job and works on many different pests.
You can also use it for prevention, doesn't matter since it's bio and cheap.

ralphy

ralphy

What is it about certian strains that make them resistant to bugs? Is it simply oil profiles? I'm tired of spider mites!

straincreation

straincreation

I have tried many ways of getting rid of bugs, tried different chemicals and dissinfect thr whole room, changed all my soil, even left the room for months before using it again, bloody thrips still came back.

If you have trouble getting rid of some bugs I really suggest trying neem oil, make your own neem oil spray, few days after spraying you will notice the effect, the bugs are still there but they will behave weird, the neem oil messes with their head or something, their nerve system I think.
I still had bugs for a while after using neem oil but I didn't care because they are confused and stopped destroying my plants.
If you keep spraying weekly, slowly you will see them dissapear.
You have to keep spraying for a while because of the eggs.
Also you can flush your medium with a neem oil solution to affect eggs and also the plant itself will absorb the neem oil in some way so that when bugs eat your plant some of the active part of the neem oil gets in their system.
Really amazing.

If like me you have had problems getting rid of bugs and tried many things, I really really suggest just trying neem oil, I had so much more succes than a lot of expensive products, it really does the job and works on many different pests.
You can also use it for prevention, doesn't matter since it's bio and cheap.
You need spinosad for those thrips and if that dont work than they aint thrips, i also hit um with mighty wash years back and that seemed to make thwm explode, literally explode. All i could see in my loupe was exoskeletons with giant holes in them like they imploded.
happy farmin;)

P.s. neem is affective but tends to clog stomata when overused so tend to only treat once a month in a foliar tea spray, with alittle caps bennies and your in business. You wont be seeing any bug problems in your future. Well thats been thecase IME anyway, bennies are a game changer on so many levels.

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

What is it about certian strains that make them resistant to bugs? Is it simply oil profiles? I'm tired of spider mites!
I would think those strains would be expressing genes that produce chemicals the mites cant hack, or maybe they can, but prefer somehing else if they have a choice and can find a plant that isnt producing those chems.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

Since Thanksgiving my room had mite infestation, right off I got rid of every clone. My "from seed" plants were of most sentiment to me. A pheno of Blackwater I've noticed seems to be least affected by any stress from the bugs nor the pesticide. I also found my White Urkle has a pheno that displays a resistance, but not like the Blackwater. This has been a huge learning experience with "the borg".

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

What is the lifespan of the things? My room and the surroundings are actually really clean other than mites on my plants. I couldn't wait for my seedlings to turn to mothers and so on, then stupidly I picked up several popular clones. I've had issues every time that a clone came in, even after what I thought was a quarantine and mitigating spray before going into my room.
When things get bad (or they feel like winter is coming) some mites will hide in little cracks and crevices to hibernate until the environment is better suited for them (or spring comes.) That's why it's suggested to use something like Doktor Doom Fogger before you have any plants when your moving into a new space. It's harder to escape your hiding place to raise hell on some poor guys garden when your dead. Makes it real difficult for them to get a foothold when they're not doing that whole living thing.

as far as the clones, did you dunk or spray? JW

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

There I go bumping 2 year old threads again, lol. I gotta stop getting online before my coffee

Top Bottom