Spider Mites - 1 Month before Harvest

• Thread starter royfree2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Just figured out, hopefully not too late -I have some serious spider mites problems.

I spotted spiders on two out of 4 ladies currently in flowering, about a month before chop...

this is a micro pic of cheeto kush which is showing moderate signs of infestation, had to take a couple pics to shoot this bunch together...
Still0001
Still0000

the other plant that's infected is wolverine kush, and it's showing what I believe to be advanced signs of infestation, don't ask me how I missed it, I fucked up not spotting it on time...

Spider mites   1 month before harvest 3
Spider mites   1 month before harvest 4
Spider mites   1 month before harvest 5

Infestation doesn't seem to interrupt the plants from stacking up their buds nor with their crystallization, they both look and keep develop fine atm.

Spider mites   1 month before harvest 6
Spider mites   1 month before harvest 7

Spider mites   1 month before harvest 8

I obviously wont spray anything on my buds at this point, so what can I do??

Thanks

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Wow! Those are infested :(

You know what i always say.. When its fucked.. Turn it into bho!!!!

If you cant turn it into bho please drop it off at my house and i'll take care of that issue for ya along with smoking the crud :P

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

You guys arent helping much are ya?

Hey Roy , is it humid were you live?
I know you don't want to spray this late
But sometimes ya gotta

Hey Ken! you're the man, thanks homie!
sorry for killing the mood guys, but at this point I rather get some professional advice instead of fucking joking around...

I don't get caterpillars, and it aint humid at all over here, it's more like the middle of the desert dry. I can get some spinosad but I have no experience with it and from what i read it doesn't do much to mites...

does anyone knows about spinosad and mites?
or which other pesticides can I use on the buds if any?

What other methods/anything else can I do right now? ----chop early!?:arghh:

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

How much time do I have before they develop webs in the buds?

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

How much time do I have before they develop webs in the buds?
Not too long unfortunately, you need to act now. These fuckers multiply at an exponential rate and you can see the leaves are already covered in the spots. I have used caps bennies and Azamax to take them out a couple times. Never that late in flower but if you have a month left you should be fine. I'd azamax foliar every day for 3 days, then caps tea a couple days after that.

R

redlife215

Use mighty wash or something like that don't use any need or oil based shit this late, I got some late mites on a plant or 2 but not nearly as bad as urs at least by the way u r leaf looks but I am gonna get at em with that wash just to hold me over till harvest

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i just went thru this, i used Organocide 3 in 1

then mighty wash
then i have been crushing them with og biowar... worked well

i was a lil earlier then you in bud but i think it would do the trick to slow them enough... if not get rid of them

the organocide smells like fish but it wont stick around.. good luck, if you spray well enough you should be fine

straincreation

straincreation

M.W. then plain water 3 days later. Or power wash but you really dont want to spray any more foriegn foliars then needed. Your pretty late in flower and it looks like they have been there well over 2 weeks. You dont get that kind of spotting overnight bro.
Unlike azamax, neem or any oil based products it has no smell and no oils to sit in those dense colas and make them burn/taste funny.
Mighty wash will serve you right. And it kills them instantaneously. So no need to over apply. BOL my friend.
As always happy farmin;)

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Flying Skull Nuke em? kinda expensive but might be worth it.

R

redlife215

Yeah that shit works but it might leave a residue don't you think? Love the dogs wig he looks like Murray from flight of the conchords

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hey Ken! you're the man, thanks homie!
sorry for killing the mood guys, but at this point I rather get some professional advice instead of fucking joking around...
im not a pro Roy :) Only been growin a few years..but ive been though alot...lol
Blaze is a Pro. listen to him :)
Spray immediately. There are several products like Azamax that are safe to use this late into flower. Doing nothing will ruin your crop for sure, you need to get them in check ASAP. Be sure not to use anything pyrethroid based though.

Cooter

Cooter

M.W. then plain water 3 days later. Or power wash but you really dont want to spray any more foriegn foliars then needed. Your pretty late in flower and it looks like they have been there well over 2 weeks. You dont get that kind of spotting overnight bro.
Unlike azamax, neem or any oil based products it has no smell and no oils to sit in those dense colas and make them burn/taste funny.
Mighty wash will serve you right. And it kills them instantaneously. So no need to over apply. BOL my friend.
As always happy farmin;)

I concur....mighty wash!

@royfree2grow braddah the only thing you can do at this stage is to manage it the best you can, Azamax & Spinosad is for prevention at this stage it probably won't do anything.

In addition to mighty wash I'd make a nicotine/tobacco tea this will kill them, but its the next generation of mites that will continue to haunt you . I wish you the best of luck, I've had this happen myself so i feel your pain, you might want to considering harvesting a tad early if you can't get it under control

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Yeah that shit works but it might leave a residue don't you think? Love the dogs wig he looks like Murray from flight of the conchords
You pegged it he does look like Murray! That dude is hilarious.

Nuke 'Em claims it leaves no residue and is non-toxic, also can be used to day of harvest but you also gotta apply it like three times one after the next ( spray, let dry, repeat 2 more times) so it seems like a great option to get rid of all bugs and any pm or molds, but it is a contact killer, you gotta hit every bug, egg and spore. With so little time and not wanting to spray anything, I'd go with Nuke 'Em, it's a spray but seems effective.

Top Bottom