Spider Mites, 10 Days From Harvest. Do Nothing?

• Thread starter sorrel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sorrel23

sorrel23

Hey there. So, I noticed two spotted spider mites in my garden, two days ago. The level of infestation is, I would say, low- maybe on 1/4- 1/3 of plants and on the leaves that are affected, mostly lower leaves, about 5-10 mites per leaf, on the worst leaves. I've been taking the leaves off and throwing them in a bucket filled with 99% alcohol. No webbing at all. I bought Mighty Wash and Green Cleaner. I used the mighty wash on the worst plants only, 2 days ago, only on the undersides of leaves and sprayed it off yesterday. I really don't want to spray anything at all though. But I am just curious, can their population explode in the next 10 days and cause webbing and stuff, and still ruin the crop? Should I just ride it out and pick off worst looking leaves? Basically, my question is, should I potentially sacrifice the taste by spraying what I have deemed to be the safest products for this late in flower, or should I do nothing besides take leaves off? Also could do the 50/50 iso alcohol spray... Anyway, thanks for reading, I should have done more preventative stuff early in the cycle, I now realize. This sucks :(

Tank707

Tank707

I take a small vacuum with low suction and suck them off if they are that close to harvest. Always worked for me but you have to keep the nozzle a safe distance otherwise you'll suck leaves off or damage your tri's.

sorrel23

sorrel23

Thanks for the advice.. I went with pulling off as many leaves as I can because, unfortunately do to the cold foggy weather I am starting to see bud rot as well.. so don't want to spray anything. Oh well, this is what I signed up for I guess!

B

baron717

From what I understand Green Cleaner can be used up to the day of harvest. I haven't used it that late but when I have it has work great. Kinda pricy tho

Tank707

Tank707

@xavier7995 an old school farmer taught me that like ten years ago and it's always worked super good. You have bleach our or wash the vacuum out with something to kill them and store the vacuum far away from your garden and only use that particular one for that particular reason. It gets the webs spiders and everything.

Jetset

Jetset

Hey there. So, I noticed two spotted spider mites in my garden, two days ago. The level of infestation is, I would say, low- maybe on 1/4- 1/3 of plants and on the leaves that are affected, mostly lower leaves, about 5-10 mites per leaf, on the worst leaves. I've been taking the leaves off and throwing them in a bucket filled with 99% alcohol. No webbing at all. I bought Mighty Wash and Green Cleaner. I used the mighty wash on the worst plants only, 2 days ago, only on the undersides of leaves and sprayed it off yesterday. I really don't want to spray anything at all though. But I am just curious, can their population explode in the next 10 days and cause webbing and stuff, and still ruin the crop? Should I just ride it out and pick off worst looking leaves? Basically, my question is, should I potentially sacrifice the taste by spraying what I have deemed to be the safest products for this late in flower, or should I do nothing besides take leaves off? Also could do the 50/50 iso alcohol spray... Anyway, thanks for reading, I should have done more preventative stuff early in the cycle, I now realize. This sucks :(
So close to cropping I would use spray with tepid water and dash of mild soap to wash them off and vacuume, it's worked for late stage infestations. Don't forget to deep clean everything after cropping.

Halosmoker

Halosmoker

Big Time Exterminator at 60ml per gallon, three days later with light pressure do a H202 foliar, and follow up with just water foliar the next day. Monitor the next 5 days and cut as soon as possible.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so what happens if u got spider mites bad when harvest they don't just got away when u hang the stems right what im wondering is if u harvest mites u will b smoking them as well?

Jetset

Jetset

so what happens if u got spider mites bad when harvest they don't just got away when u hang the stems right what im wondering is if u harvest mites u will b smoking them as well?
Snap crackle and pop goes the spider mite when smoking the bug buds

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

what I had to use a lil back this stuff is A1 in my book

SANY0263
RG420

RG420

Thanks for the advice.. I went with pulling off as many leaves as I can because, unfortunately do to the cold foggy weather I am starting to see bud rot as well.. so don't want to spray anything. Oh well, this is what I signed up for I guess!

I'd chop bro ant cut your losses! Rot and mites!!! Both can spread and ruin a crop in days!! Chop! Chop! Chop! Then bleach everything down! Mites are very hard to get rid of once you got them , iv had to scrap everything and start from scratch when I got hit with mites

Jetset

Jetset

I'd chop bro ant cut your losses! Rot and mites!!! Both can spread and ruin a crop in days!! Chop! Chop! Chop! Then bleach everything down! Mites are very hard to get rid of once you got them , iv had to scrap everything and start from scratch when I got hit with mites
Drop asap mate, rot can steal your crop in hours. I lost 30% overnight when I got it. Buy a dehumidifier , worth every penny never had a problem since. The mites are easy to eradicate after cropping, deep clean whole area at least 2 times over and remember the mites crawl so be consistently wiping down all and any crawl-able surfaces in future and be one step ahead of infestations by keeping grow area immaculately clean throughout. I've had them once and once only in 5 years.

Last edited:
Halosmoker

Halosmoker

The BTE along with high pressures should get rid of them, the eggs will dry out with the H202 and the another pressurized foliar - I use a GRACO paint spray at lowPSI but stronger PSI then any Hudson. - just my 2 cents

Halosmoker

Halosmoker

Wash the plant in a H202 solution right when you chop (whole plant dunk), then rinse with straight water (also whole plant dunk).

Latest posts

Top Bottom