Spider Mites 6 Weeks in Flower - Only Getting Worse

• Thread starter pork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Avid is gnarly. I went all out with PPE from work. Do not fuck around with this stuff if you don't know how to use it. I keep it in my garage sealed because I don't prey no game.

P.S. The only fan that turns off in my room is the one that hits the light. Besides that, my ladies constantly get their sway on.

U

up yours

I have seen avid used but when my mentor used it I had a tyvek suit my papr w/super hepas clean room booties and a pair of nitrile glove I am allergic to latex and sprat just the veg only was told it takes 13wrs to get out of plant cell structure I just like simple stuff

M

mdTHC420

agro neem is good until the day you cut down

neem isnt good until the day of chop, it tastes like shit and leaves a layer on all the buds, smell a bottle of neem an tell me you would spray that day before so it dries into ur smoke. i worked for a guy that thought this and would spray his shit the day before chop like a dumb ass thinking a final spray of neem is going to magically rid him of mites. there are a few ways that might work to mitigate them this late that have been posted, but like i said initially, this far in and if u care either chop early or kill and bomb ur grow. ur this far in and there is still an infestation? this means that they were there all the way thru veg, it doesnt happen over night. good luck and i know this shit sucks. hope u can solve it.

B

BigCountry

Avid and all that crap is gross in general. You don't really want to be spraying after mid-flower anyways due to mold and flavor concerns.
Your best bet is manually removing with a shop vac. It may shred some leaves, but it will remove the bugs quite well. I used it in a greenhouse where pyrethrum and fluoramite were not effective.
Next time, clean the room like crazy, start with plants that are clean, don't let anyone in, use preventative sprays from week two forward. Best of luck!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sis I use azatrol upto a week away w/o residue or bad taste also also a dr doom small bug bomb three days from harvest but I rinse w/ dawn dish soap and water it works for me is all I can say. If that didn't help then I am sorry and I do not like avid personally speaking if its used appropriate it kicks serious ass I just won't use it is gnarly stuff if your strian takes ten weeks the organicide is a monster and omri listed

Avid is gnarly. I went all out with PPE from work. Do not fuck around with this stuff if you don't know how to use it. I keep it in my garage sealed because I don't prey no game.

P.S. The only fan that turns off in my room is the one that hits the light. Besides that, my ladies constantly get their sway on.
This all SO bears repeating. It is intense, gnarly, dangerous stuff to work with and around, and that's why it's not sold to consumers.

Again, my son's been battling the Borg for years, and his best control (not elimination) method has been a combination of Forbid 4f (or 4b, I can't remember), the fan set on high with GREEN bamboo stakes (he tried it with non-colored stakes, the Borg didn't fall for it) and physically removing them when they cluster on the bamboo.

G

ganjagrower

predator mites

I can't believe after three pages nobody has addressed predator mites. I am 4 weeks into flowering and have kept these little bastards in check thus far with azamax sprayed/fogged every three to four days. I still have significant signs on the back corners of my grow. I sprayed until week three. I have been trying to research more about these predator mites, though it doesn't seem like many growers have worked with them

I ordered from a place called buglogic online. They have to 2 day air them so your shipping charge equals the cost. All said its 50 bucks for 1000 little critters that will feed on the two spotted spider mite. I also read that ladybugs can be effective. I will wait ten days from my last spray ( a guess ) and then hope that this will help get me to the finish line. I am growing for medical.

I will post again after I see some results.

M

mdTHC420

spider mites are to small for lady bugs to be effective. predator mites are hit and miss. ive had vials with a bunch of em running around and others with almost no signs of life. they advertise that it takes about 4 weeks for them to be effective, so this late in flower it isnt a viable option. i have used them in veg to get rid of mites: pyrithium bomb-->wipe down leafs with soap--> pyrithium bomb-->released vial of predators and it was done. all being said, the bombs did mess up the plants for a few days but they came back stronger and bug free.

like i said before, in veg neem is the way to go... all about preventing. the predators can also be used in veg to keep them in check but you cant spray your plants with things cus youll kill predators and mites. IMO predators are a pain in the ass, also late in flower because the vermeculite or corn cob husk will stick the buds like a mofo.

B

bngrips

Dr. doom, wait two days another doom, two more days, another doom and so on, worked for me. GOOD LUCK

H

haole

In my experience, excess co2 can severely burn and even kill plants at the 5000 range... careful with that.

G

galaxyuser

low temps, excess CO2 and SNS217 follow up with a product called Mighty wash from "that stuff" and you'll be golden

"Mighty Wash is a new revolutionary way to solve your spider mite problem in all stages of development from eggs to adults. Mighty Wash is a ready-to-use proprietary formula. It may be used throughout the grow and flower cycle up to and including the day of harvest. Mighty Wash is truly "The cleanest solution to your spider mite problem.""
it is frequency based, dunno if you've ever experienced a sound cannon but this stuff just seems to work

http://www.horticulturesource.com/mighty-wash-quart-p9608/?osCsid=c24c2389598fa7aa1d241babfebae33f
get it froma local retailer if you can

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Og I`ve taken the shop vac to a couple of plants before. Really doesn`t do alot because they just keep coming on in bloom especially if temps get up a bit. I wished those no pest strips worked for me. They didn`t. I have yet to rid my grow 100% of mites. I hit my plants with Forbid the 1st week of flower. Were now at day52 and just last night found some adults. Not many and on the smallest girl I got very managable and way late in. I also did what seamaidens son did with the bamboo sticks. This works well.

Mr Bean

Mr Bean

Dr. doom, wait two days another doom, two more days, another doom and so on, worked for me. GOOD LUCK

I have used the good Doctor before. It is a good start to help knock the little frickers down. But I would recommend using a battery of fronts with Dr. as a start point. After 2-3 days, hit again with another product. i.e. Liquid Lady Bug, Safer, Neem, Mighy Mite, and Azamax to name a few. Then two-three days later, again, then again, and even a 5th time. Then keep up with Azamax in the feeding.
The reason for this is:
1. The survivors (there will be some period) will be tolerent of one product, then they get hit with another, and so on. There young will also be tolerant as well.
2. There life cycle can be as short as 5 days to eggs, which take 5-10 days to 'hatch' and more frickers are there.
3. In the final stages of growth :harvest:, we don't need extra protien in the meds....lol. So be vigilent. Have the attitude that you have them, and cannot get rid of them, and you will be much futher down the road to protien free meds.

The latest weapon I am adding to my continous battel is Mighty Mite. My buddy's claim "it is the stuff man.." I'm in the market for it as we speak. They claim it instantly 'pops' the little frickers, and can be used up to 5 days before :harvest:. I like that. lol
Mr Bean

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

In my experience, excess co2 can severely burn and even kill plants at the 5000 range... careful with that.

must be done at night
it WILL kill your ladies doing this during the day
totally safe to do at night as long as your lvls are back down a hr or so b4 lights on

L

lil miss lone

Got some plants 5-6 weeks into flower and I've been trying to fight a mite infestation that only seems to be getting worse. I've bombed the room with Doktor Doom foggers 3 days apart 3 times now. I also did a light spray on the plants, but 5 weeks in seems a little to far to be spraying anything...Or is it? I know Azatrol is safe up to the a few days before harvest, but is it going to damage the buds this late in? Rosemary oil, perhaps?

Thanks for the help....I need it soon!

Hey Pork, whadup? I'll check with Chris as far as timing goes, but definately go with the Azatrol as a soil drench, I'm not sure about Foliar. About half way through flower he had me stop the Azatrol all together, and he told me not to spray the leaves and buds at all. I'll see if he has any advice for you buddy.

saltwater

saltwater

Used sns 217 3 days ago and then did a follow up spray. Looked at the leaves under a microscope and those little suckers must had fallen off. Plants looking better already.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If using something like SNS, continue applications every three days so you hit the mites that have hatched. It's your new religion for the next two weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom